Anyone waiting until October to concieve?

Yay ladyluck & besty!!! Good luck on a great 9 months!

Leelee I'm kind of in the same boat. I try not to talk about it too much with DH. When we got married (dated for 7yrs) a year ago June, I wanted to wait a year and he wanted to wait 2 years to start. So we're compromising. I desperately want something a little more concrete then what we've talked about, but I don't want to scare him away or overwhelm him. One of our favorite things to do is take a drive on our backroads to look at our land and cows with a little cooler and talk. For whatever reason, it's easier for him to talk about big stuff while we're driving around. I think one of those nights needs to be in our near future before I go crazy! :wacko:

Callypygous i dont know why some men are so scared of the idea of ttc but im happy your OH came around to the idea of ttc. When I was pregnant with my DS, my OH would say how easy it would be to take care of a baby. Well now he sees taking care a baby is not as easy as he expected. So I think he is scared of having of a newborn and a toddler.

Cntrygal, a more concrete date would be great, I have no idea if my oh is even considering trying soon or not. Maybe you can suggest you two go for a drive and casually bring up babies and ease your way into a talk about ttc. Goodluck

Hallo ladies!

Can I join? We are now planning to ttc in Oct. DH pleasently surprised me with asking to stop the bcp this month and my first day of period would 30th sept. I hope I will be lucky enough to get my bfp the first cycle.

What are you hoping for and when will you share your bfp's with family?

We are hoping for a boy and I will only tell the family at 12 weeks.

Hallo ladies!

Can I join? We are now planning to ttc in Oct. DH pleasently surprised me with asking to stop the bcp this month and my first day of period would 30th sept. I hope I will be lucky enough to get my bfp the first cycle.

I don't mind what I have genderwise. I don't no when we will tell I keep switching between straight away, 12 weeks and 20 weeks but as I need to tell my boss I wud feel bad not telling family

It worked! We went on our little drive Friday night and talked babies!!! I feel so much better now that everything is out on the table. We talked about steps we would take if we ended up having trouble, the chance that there would be complications since I'm a bit older, when we'd probably start trying for #2, everything. He said he's ready whenever I'm ready. Ack! I desperately want to wait until after my best friends wedding Oct 19th, but holy cow, I've been given the green light! Waiting until then will be SO hard. AF showed this weekend too and it dawned on me...she'll visit one more time then it'll be baby making time! :yipee:

We also talked about me working after we have the baby and agreed it may make more sense for me to find something part time instead of full time. We were hoping between MIL and my Mom they'd be all about watching their grandchild during the day. But after seeing MIL reaction with our niece, I don't think that's something we can bank on. And I'm really afraid my Mom won't want to commit to 2 or 3 days of her life being disrupted, plus she lives a little over an hour away so logistics would be a nightmare. I'm apprehensive about being a SAHM b/c once the kids are in school, I'll want to go back to work on a more full time basis. Working part time would at least keep my foot in the door. I'm afraid if I stayed at home for 6 years it would be tough to find something. But before our conversation, I didn't think staying at home with the kids would even be an option! DH puts in a lot of hours, so I was beginning to stress about how I was going to be the primary caregiver, primary house keeper, and work full time. So we are going to play it by ear and make the situation work for us...it's music to my ears.

I'm so glad I have this avenue to share this. I swear I think I'd burst if I had to keep all that bottled in! I've been wide awake since 4am and I seriously think it's b/c I'm so excited. :happydance:

Hallo ladies!

I'm happy for a boy or a girl, I just want to have a baby! And yes I'm going to do my best to wait til 12 weeks, although I may end up telling just my parents earlier.

I am definitely leaving you ladies :flower: machos luck for October and hope you all get your BFP's super quick :happydance:

I am definitely leaving you ladies :flower: machos luck for October and hope you all get your BFP's super quick :happydance:

Yay congratulations :)

I'm happy with either sex but hubby would like a boy. This baby will be our last. We haven't told anyone and won't till we have had our 12 week scan! I'm dying to tell people tho

Hallo ladies!

I go back and forth on what I hope for, so we may just wait and see what we have the day of!

We'll have to tell our parents pretty quickly since we have a small cattle ranch with my in-laws...& since they will know I'm definetly telling my Mom! I will have to be careful around the medicine, pushing the cows/calves in/etc. So if we didn't tell them, they'd probably guess anyway. I may tell a few close friends before the 12 week mark, in case I need the support for some reason, but everyone else will wait until then.

It worked! We went on our little drive Friday night and talked babies!!! I feel so much better now that everything is out on the table. We talked about steps we would take if we ended up having trouble, the chance that there would be complications since I'm a bit older, when we'd probably start trying for #2, everything. He said he's ready whenever I'm ready. Ack! I desperately want to wait until after my best friends wedding Oct 19th, but holy cow, I've been given the green light! Waiting until then will be SO hard. AF showed this weekend too and it dawned on me...she'll visit one more time then it'll be baby making time! :yipee:

We also talked about me working after we have the baby and agreed it may make more sense for me to find something part time instead of full time. We were hoping between MIL and my Mom they'd be all about watching their grandchild during the day. But after seeing MIL reaction with our niece, I don't think that's something we can bank on. And I'm really afraid my Mom won't want to commit to 2 or 3 days of her life being disrupted, plus she lives a little over an hour away so logistics would be a nightmare. I'm apprehensive about being a SAHM b/c once the kids are in school, I'll want to go back to work on a more full time basis. Working part time would at least keep my foot in the door. I'm afraid if I stayed at home for 6 years it would be tough to find something. But before our conversation, I didn't think staying at home with the kids would even be an option! DH puts in a lot of hours, so I was beginning to stress about how I was going to be the primary caregiver, primary house keeper, and work full time. So we are going to play it by ear and make the situation work for us...it's music to my ears.

I'm so glad I have this avenue to share this. I swear I think I'd burst if I had to keep all that bottled in! I've been wide awake since 4am and I seriously think it's b/c I'm so excited. :happydance:

Wow so big surprise for u, working part time doesn't always pay off tho, u cud end up worse off than if u were a sahm, its something to consider, Il go back to work fulltime but ask for nights instead of days

itsnowmyturn...I'm still processing everything we talked about that night, how could I be worse off with working part time? I want to think through all our options and make the best decision so any advice or past experience would be much appreciated! :thumbup:

I worked at an early learning center up until last November, and every couple months I'll search for the parents of some of my favorite kiddos. I just saw that one of them now has a little brother, and they've grown up so much! My ovaries are aching.

U cud be worse off for instance if I had a child and worked my old contract of 2 and a half days, the cost of getting to work and taking child to daycare and child care plus packed lunches for me and child. Take that off what I earned and I wud be in minus numbers, if I decided to be a sahm and claim child tax credits I wud lose a bit in pay but no child care costs and no petrol costs to work. Obviously it depends on ur hourly pay but mine isn't great, if I was two pay grades higher it might have been a different story

Amalee, I know what you mean on the ovaries aching! Since DH and I have talked it all through I am full on baby crazy! Case in point, I created a secret "mama stuff" board on Pinterest this morning. Eek!

Itsnowmyturn, that's exactly what DH and I are trying to figure out. We are debt free except for our land that we are going to build on (which will create a mortgage) and my income isn't much at all, we would just have to tighten up on a few things if we were without it. I think the only way I'd do part time is if my Mom and MIL would watch the baby on the days I worked. I think you're right, the expense of child care and gas wouldn't outweight being a SAHM. If I was guaranteed a job once both kids went to school, I'd be a SAHM until then for sure. We live in a VERY rural area and I have no family (my Mom is 1 1/2hrs away) or friends close by, so the part time job would be mainly for my mental health. I'm a planner so this wait and see how things goes is brutal!

This pre baby making messes with your head doesn't it! I'd set my date of ttc as oct 25th at the earliest but I'm due on any time and wanting to 'try' when I ovulate in oct, it's a month earlier than I'd planned so I'm going to try and write all my finances down and just see what the 'worst case scenario' would be if I were to catch first time.

What's everyone else's dates to start in oct??

Xx

In my job I think I have to be fulltime or nothing to make it worthwhile. I think part time when u don't have kids gives u the best of both worlds but part time (on small wages) with kids is sort of the worst of both worlds ie paying for thing, it wud be nice to spend more time with the baby but Il hoping they will allow me to do 3 days at 12 hour shifts then I only need 3 days of child care and sometimes only 1 or w depending on what day my shifts will fall on, even better if I can do nights. It is def something I wud have to figure out when the time comes tho, like u I don't like near family, 2 hours to my parents

This pre baby making messes with your head doesn't it! I'd set my date of ttc as oct 25th at the earliest but I'm due on any time and wanting to 'try' when I ovulate in oct, it's a month earlier than I'd planned so I'm going to try and write all my finances down and just see what the 'worst case scenario' would be if I were to catch first time.

What's everyone else's dates to start in oct??

Xx

Well, we relaxed a bit this month, and technically DTD on my O day so I'm waiting to see if AF shows up on Friday. TBH I have no symptoms aside from lack of PMS symptoms and bigger boobs so my hopes aren't high, in which case my new cycle starts on Friday and I should be O'ing around Friday 11th October :)

Friday 11th is when my medication wears off so I could o anytime between then and march next year lol here's to hoping its in October and not march lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->