Anyone waiting until October to concieve?

Or maybe I'll tell my sister and enlist her help in drinking my wine all day, haha!

That is awesome!

I'm planning on going the little white lie route on the drinking route. I've been watching what I'm eating and drinking for the past 10 weeks or so. I'll just play the "watching my carbs" card.

How do you handle drinking and NTNP? I'm assuming you don't drink b/c you could be pregnant? Or is that just wishful thinking?

Well since I'm only like... 3-6 DPO of my first cycle, I haven't had to worry about it yet. I had a glass of wine on Saturday. If I have a fertilized egg, today would be just about the earliest it's implanted, so even if I had binge drank a few days ago, there would be no way for it to pass along to the.. zygote? Blastocyst? I can't remember what it's called at which stage!

We have very little research in the U.S. on the effect that light drinking has on development, which I think has a lot to do with the negativity surrounding women who have even a sip of anything with alcohol in it - it would be hard to get funding for something that is so stigmatized, and it would be hard to get women to admit to having any alcohol. I've tried to do my own research, and I read up on a longitudinal study that followed mothers during pregnancy then checked in again at a few years old, and again when kids were a bit older. I think it was done in Australia, where they're a bit more relaxed about it. It showed no correlation between drinking a single drink or less per day and prenatal or childhood development.

I'm not saying I will be drinking throughout the pregnancy when the time comes, but I'm just wary in general of advice and guidelines that I can't find solid, scientific information on.

hi hope im not too late to join? we are hoping to start trying to concieve in october as this date was set beginning of the year however since april i have been off work with really bad back/joints which worries my bf more about ttc. we also dont want to tell anyone about it until we have the scan pics so would be great to have someone to talk to so i dont drive him crazy!

Welcome, Dreaming87! The more the merrier :)

So did anyone get a flu shot yet this season? I figured I should, since the flu at the best of times is not cool. I can imagine during pregnancy, it would be double-not-cool! So I went and got mine today.

That's a good idea. I haven't heard anything about flu shots, and usually there are signs and commercials at the beginning of the season! Do you just go to CVS or something, or go to your doctor?

I just went to CVS. It does seem early, doesn't it? They have them already, though. I never used to get a flu shot, until I actually got the flu as an adult...and then I swore never again! lol

Pregnant women are seriously encouraged to get the flu jab over here, I started getting mine last year but I work in the NHS so its obviously advisable for me anyway

Not even sure we're WTT anymore as I've got a very very faint line on a couple of tests this morning, they're in the pregnancy test forum. I'm not sure if they're Evaps yet but they came up in time limit soooo I guess I'll test again tomorrow xx

Ooh fingers crossed for you ladyluck xxx

I have 1 week until I have my implant removed!! Yey xxx

Hey ladies just thought I would update you. We had a little oppsie and I got a BFP test on Sunday! We were meant to trying after my AF but obviously it never came! Good luck to all those who have started TTC and everyone else who is waiting hope to see you all on 1st tri soon

The opks I ordered on Amazon arrived yesterday. I need to buy some cups, but then I'm good to go!

*TMI alert*
I'm only on cd8 right now, but got ewcm this morning (AF literally just left on cd6!), so no idea what is going on with my body. Hopefully this will help me figure it out!

Hey ladies just thought I would update you. We had a little oppsie and I got a BFP test on Sunday! We were meant to trying after my AF but obviously it never came! Good luck to all those who have started TTC and everyone else who is waiting hope to see you all on 1st tri soon

Wow, congrats! I'm really happy for you! Hope you have a lovely pregnancy! :flower:

Congrats Besty! Hoping for my own 'oppsie' too! Ok well I admit it wouldn't be an oppsie on my part (I knew I'd o'd), but it deffo would be a surprise for the hubby, haha!

Congratulations! Hopefully we'll be joining you in the pregnancy forums soon!

Have a great 9 months!

Congrats Besty! Hoping for my own 'oppsie' too! Ok well I admit it wouldn't be an oppsie on my part (I knew I'd o'd), but it deffo would be a surprise for the hubby, haha!

Good luck I hope you caught that eggy! When is AF due?

Hey ladies October is so close! Well I still don't know if we are going to ttc #2 in October or not, OH haven't given an answer. I haven't mentioned it to him in a couple weeks though, I told I wouldn't mention it until October. Well he hasn't said anything about it either ugh. Trying to stay optimistic though. Good luck ladies and congrats Besty!

I have been so broody today its unreal and knowing I might have to wait even longer is killing me. I managed to escape the none stop thinking about it for ages but now its back and won't go away

Good luck I hope you caught that eggy! When is AF due?

AF is due Friday 27th, I'm only 8DPO (I have 27 day cycles) but it feels like I have been waiting forever! This is my first cycle TTC (well, not actively, but with a chance of conceiving) and I hope if this one is unsuccessful that I manage to not get so obsessed next time! Because we're not officially ttc I thought this would ease me into things but it's done the opposite! :blush:

@Leelee I hope OH comes round. Mine has been really awkward too. He thought this month we were just getting used to doing it without protection, when I sat him down and told him that actually we had done it during my fertile period he freaked out. Turns out he doesn't know as much about fertile periods as he thought he did. I wasn't saying anything because I thought he wanted it that way, but when he suddenly got weird about doing with with me 15/16dpo I realised he thought this was a way to avoid pregnancy. I talked to him and said, you realise 13dpo actually could have been it too? He panicked. He wanted me to reassure him parenthood wouldn't be scary. Men are funny creatures. I sent him an e-mail with all my feelings in it and he came round since. He said the letter really helped him put things in perspective. (Even if it still is scary for him!). Might be worth a shot. If you're anything like me, it's too easy to get emotional while trying to talk about it.

@Itsnowmyturn I hope October's your month honey. Let us know how it goes!

:hugs: for everybody. Let's hope October is the month!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->