• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone who is ttc having trouble with their cycles due to previous bc use?

I think af got me. I'm not bleeding heavily but the spotting it red and I'm very crampy. I wish it could have been my bfp but I didn't want an august baby anyway hehe. September seems like a much nicer month.:winkwink: Anywho keep your fx that this is a shorter cycle for me I dunno if I can survive another 71 days! I'm just relieved to know I'm not totally broken and I did ovulate!:happydance:

I am glad something happened! :happydance: Of course BFP would have been better but this is the next best thing. You are taking Vitex right? I have heard good things about it, I just started. So hopefully both of us will get shorter cycles and our hormones will balance out fast.

Rachel- yes I'm on vitex and Bcomplex. Both are supposed to be good for hormones and I'm also going to resume my EPO now that af is here. I've also been excersising and watching my calories so I pray that all of those things will help me have a shorter cycle. I'm prepared to start using opks and temping this month. Thank God it's over! It's really kinda sad how happy I am af finally came!:dohh:

Woohoo for the witch! Glad you got some peace of mind and can start a bright, fresh and shiny new cycle!

When I got my first AF after stopping BCP and it came 44 days later I was soooooo excited it was funny. Because the only time I stopped BCP in the 12 years I was on it which was about six years ago it took a solid 3 months for me to get AF so I was expecting the same again and when it showed up after only 44 days I was so happy :haha:

Rachel- yes I'm on vitex and Bcomplex. Both are supposed to be good for hormones and I'm also going to resume my EPO now that af is here. I've also been excersising and watching my calories so I pray that all of those things will help me have a shorter cycle. I'm prepared to start using opks and temping this month. Thank God it's over! It's really kinda sad how happy I am af finally came!:dohh:

Know how that is, when my af showed up on monday I was leaning more on the happy side. Even though bfp would have been better news. I finally feel like I am not broken. I thought I might have a real issue, I am very relieved.

Know how that is, when my af showed up on monday I was leaning more on the happy side. Even though bfp would have been better news. I finally feel like I am not broken. I thought I might have a real issue, I am very relieved.

That is exactly how I felt lovetoteach. I thought for sure that I had an underactive thyroid, pcos, or something else that could have made me infertile. 71 days is such a long time!

Rachel - Yay for crosshairs. :happydance: Fingers crossed for you.

ImSoTired - Sorry not your BFP but great you're on a new fresh cycle. Fingers crossed the Vitex/B complex works for you and your body starts behaving itself.

Hi Daisy - We've met on another trend. Good luck with the vitex.

Hi Bean! Actually not taking vitex as my cycles are regular - thankfully. Just the B50. And the EPO. And the baby aspirin. And the progesterone cream. And the fish oil. :wacko: Crazy!

Hi Bean! Actually not taking vitex as my cycles are regular - thankfully. Just the B50. And the EPO. And the baby aspirin. And the progesterone cream. And the fish oil. :wacko: Crazy!

Oh yeah I did know that, met you on the B6 trend. I got some major pregnancy symptoms from the progesterone cream. Hopefully you'll get true pregnancy symptoms but be warned. Good luck.

Oh yeah I did know that, met you on the B6 trend. I got some major pregnancy symptoms from the progesterone cream. Hopefully you'll get true pregnancy symptoms but be warned. Good luck.

OOOh - like what? Do tell! The only symptom I have is tender boobs, but I have that every month, so I'm not reading too much into it. I think I'm feeling some little twinges down there, but I think it's all in my head.

OOOh - like what? Do tell! The only symptom I have is tender boobs, but I have that every month, so I'm not reading too much into it. I think I'm feeling some little twinges down there, but I think it's all in my head.

Well very sore swollen boobs, light cramping, some nausea and hot flushes. I've read that you can get a down regulation of oestrogen receptors when progesterone is low. When you start using Progesterone the receptors wake up and causes symptoms. I don't think it happens with everyone.

Hi there, wondered if I can join please

I came off cerazette in August after having 20 years of lovely light 28 day cycles. As you can see from my signature it changed as soon as I stopped.

This month I got to 11 days late and had two faint positives and then the rest have been negative so my doctor sent me for blood tests as he thought either i was pregnant or i had an ectopic pregnancy as i had all the right symptoms:

- nausea all day long
- sick once
- severe backache
- niggling cramps for last 3 weeks
- veins in right boob
- bloated stomach
- sensitive to touch stomach
- pee'ing every 30 mins etc

On sunday i started to spot little bit of red but mainly brown but only a little and its been this way upto today.

my results came back today - "normal" - presumably means no HCG in my body so im seeing the doc again on friday to see what the next step is.

Ive been using OPK's but decided about a week ago to start temping as i dont want to just rely on checking CM as I dont know how long my next cycle will be and dont want it suddenly pouncing on me

I spoke to someone on B&B who suggested my mucked up cycle and symptoms were all down to coming off bc - im angry with my doctor because nothing was said to me when i went on it and he knew i was now ttc so should have pre=warned me of possible problems

ive been an emotional wreck on afternoon/evening - i cant stop worrying that its not bc problems but something else

the only thing thats keeping me positive is i had a psychic reading who said that she could see a girl being conceived in jan 2012 - its not much to cling onto but all ive got at the moment

i was so sure i was pregnant that this has just broken me :cry:

sorry to babble on, just wanted to rant - thanks for reading

Lots of :dust: to everyone

Pinky, sorry you're having such a hard time. It very well could be from the birth control messing up your cycles. It's very difficult and very annoying, especailly when trying to TTC. I hope your doctor can help you.

Hi there, wondered if I can join please

I came off cerazette in August after having 20 years of lovely light 28 day cycles. As you can see from my signature it changed as soon as I stopped.

This month I got to 11 days late and had two faint positives and then the rest have been negative so my doctor sent me for blood tests as he thought either i was pregnant or i had an ectopic pregnancy as i had all the right symptoms:

- nausea all day long
- sick once
- severe backache
- niggling cramps for last 3 weeks
- veins in right boob
- bloated stomach
- sensitive to touch stomach
- pee'ing every 30 mins etc

On sunday i started to spot little bit of red but mainly brown but only a little and its been this way upto today.

my results came back today - "normal" - presumably means no HCG in my body so im seeing the doc again on friday to see what the next step is.

Ive been using OPK's but decided about a week ago to start temping as i dont want to just rely on checking CM as I dont know how long my next cycle will be and dont want it suddenly pouncing on me

I spoke to someone on B&B who suggested my mucked up cycle and symptoms were all down to coming off bc - im angry with my doctor because nothing was said to me when i went on it and he knew i was now ttc so should have pre=warned me of possible problems

ive been an emotional wreck on afternoon/evening - i cant stop worrying that its not bc problems but something else

the only thing thats keeping me positive is i had a psychic reading who said that she could see a girl being conceived in jan 2012 - its not much to cling onto but all ive got at the moment

i was so sure i was pregnant that this has just broken me :cry:

sorry to babble on, just wanted to rant - thanks for reading

Lots of :dust: to everyone

Have you tried taking anything to help you regulate your cycles? The main reason I was even on BCP was to regulate my cycles, this is why I started Vitex because I know for sure that my body needs a little help to have, "normal" cycles. Some people take other stuff as well, not saying Vitex is the definite answer, everyone is different, but I agree that BCP could definitely be what messed you up. Your body was on them for so long that they were doing all the hormonal work. I was only on BCPs for 6 years and it took me 10-11 months to get a period. I tried a better diet, working out, taking prenatal multivitamins to even everything out... and then I did some research on different natural things to take to help regualte me. I would rather try something natural before spending all that money on doctors and drugs and HOPE that they can figure it all out. Not saying they don't know what they are talking about, just don't have a lot of money to spend on doctors when I am not "sick".

Pinky, sorry you're having such a hard time. It very well could be from the birth control messing up your cycles. It's very difficult and very annoying, especailly when trying to TTC. I hope your doctor can help you.

Thank you hunnie

Im angry that they hand them out with no warnings but then again, if we knew then what we know now, hardly anyone would take it!

I spent years thinking that sex without protection would result in pregnancy - how stupid was i lol - soooooo naive!

i'll see what the doc says - probably tell me to "give it time" grrrrr

Yeah. I don't blame my doctor but his nurse/practitioner or whoever she was. She really sold me on bc but told me nothing about once I wanted to stop. Then when I came off I got a ton of crazy symptoms and when I called my ob/gyn office they said 'oh yeah,that's probably due to coming off of the pill' what?! No one ever told me! I wouldn't have went on them had I known! I just don't think it's healthy. They should teach you how to chart ovulation as a form of birth control before prescribing the pill. I really hope my cycles go back to normal now that I finally got af. I would love to finally be normal once and for all!

my doc knew i had come off pill and was ttc and yet when i saw him on monday he didnt say anything, i was bawling my eyes out worrying that i was pregnant but something was wrong, mc'ing or ectopic etc and he didnt say a word!

if he had said that it could possibly be the pill then i would have calmed down but instead ive spent 3 horrible days that i wouldnt wish on anyone

oh well, we;re all off it now and have to cope with the withdrawl/side effects

good luck to all

Some doctors are really poor all together. Some are just poor in certain situations. I usually don't see my doctor because I choose to have the girls do my exams ( i'm shy and don't want him to see my situation :blush:) and he comes in after to talk to me. I am lucky though and he is a very good doctor. He actually delivered me! lol. I like most of my doctors. I could do without my dentist though!:haha:But anyway, maybe you can find a new doctor or maybe this one will help you get all straightened out in your next appointment. I know how you feel. I know you've had a hard time with your cycles and not knowing what is going on with you. I hope you can get it all taken care of. Good luck!

So I bought the Vitex today. Took it and 2 hours later had my AF...haha! Obvi just a coincidence. At least now I know how long the cycle is!
Do I continue taking the Vitex daily?
Thanks everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back