Anyone who is ttc having trouble with their cycles due to previous bc use?

Hanging in there. CD 39 I think I have been having EWCM the past few days and my temps have been really low. Today it took a crazy plunge, it has never been that low in the 2+ months I have been taking my temp, it has never gotten close to this low. I wonder what it means.....Doesnt seem right to have this low of a BBT! :nope:

Maybe you're ov? I'm sorry I dunno much about temping. I've only temped 4 times and they were all within the last week or so. 97.9, 97.7,97.9, and 98.0. I don't even know what my own temps mean! Was it cold maybe it the house that might have brought it down more? I'm sure you're fine. Try not to worry unless it's low again tomorrow. Then maybe just let your doc know if you're worried. Hang in there! I'm trying to!

Still got my fingers crossed for you imsotired.

Rachel - that is low. See what happens tomorrow. Hope the EWCM is a good sign.

AFM - I'm good just waiting to O. Hoping to O before christmas. Just taking it easy this cycle.

Good luck Bean I hope you have an earlier O again this month!

I did not feel especially cold or anything when I woke up so I have no clue why it was so low. I found it strange. I guess I have to wait and see what the next couple temps are.

I hope you end up getting you BFP Imsotired and do not have to worry about waiting for another AF!!

Jaws - sorry BCP messed you to. Hopefully you are ovulating. Do your OPKs even get slightly darker? Is possible you have a short surge.

Imsotired - I'm not 100% but I think it's unlikely you have high progesterone. Esp not to the point where they'd suggest you O'd. To be safe i'd test 2 weeks after you saw your doctor if the witch hasn't shown up.

Nope... The line is. So super light compared to the control line...

Jaws- if you aren't Oing they'll most likely prescribe you clomid. Lots of success stories on here. Try not to worry. Good luck to you.

cd70. Still no signs of af. I had a few very dull cramps that came and went this morning. They were sort of like af cramps but not as intense. My boobs still aren't sore. I still have like 6 days until my special 'tww' is over. I plan on testing on Christmas eve morning. I doubt I'm pregnant but I won't know what else to think if af doesn't come. What is up with my body already!?

So I got off BCP January 2011, had a normal period at the end of that pack mid January and NOTHING since then. I started taking Vitex a month and four days ago and FINALLY this morning I got my first period after getting of BCP in January. My first period since January! Vitex takes awhile to work, and I was taking three 400mg pills a day, one with every meal. I have heard Vitex takes three months to work, and everyone is different, but I figured my body was having issues producing progesterone since I stopped taking BCP, and I was desperate to jump start my cycle. I am so happy that I am finally having a period, now I hope I can tell when I ovulate again so I can catch the little egg. I am finally ready to have my first little one and hopefully I will join all the 2012 bfps.

So I got off BCP January 2011, had a normal period at the end of that pack mid January and NOTHING since then. I started taking Vitex a month and four days ago and FINALLY this morning I got my first period after getting of BCP in January. My first period since January! Vitex takes awhile to work, and I was taking three 400mg pills a day, one with every meal. I have heard Vitex takes three months to work, and everyone is different, but I figured my body was having issues producing progesterone since I stopped taking BCP, and I was desperate to jump start my cycle. I am so happy that I am finally having a period, now I hope I can tell when I ovulate again so I can catch the little egg. I am finally ready to have my first little one and hopefully I will join all the 2012 bfps.

Very cool Lovetoteach! I can't beleive it took you so long to get af! It is good to hear that you are finally back on track. Birth control did nasty things to me also and I'm currently having a crazy long cycle, I still think it's a result of the pill. I'm waiting for af to get me, no sign yet! I began taking vitex 2 weeks ago I think 3x a day. Nothing yet but maybe in the long run it will shorten my cycles and make me somewhat regular! Good Luck! Thanks for sharing!

Very cool Lovetoteach! I can't beleive it took you so long to get af! It is good to hear that you are finally back on track. Birth control did nasty things to me also and I'm currently having a crazy long cycle, I still think it's a result of the pill. I'm waiting for af to get me, no sign yet! I began taking vitex 2 weeks ago I think 3x a day. Nothing yet but maybe in the long run it will shorten my cycles and make me somewhat regular! Good Luck! Thanks for sharing!

No problem give Vitex some time, it takes a little while. It did give me some strange symptoms that I have never had though, like sore nipples for several days after ovulation, but I was having all sorts of hormones flowing through my body to start my flow after 10-11 months of nothing! I plan on continuing it for sure, hoping that it will make me regular in the next few months.

I have yet to have any weird side effects. I'm hoping I get af soon though. I'm tired of waiting!!!!!!

I have yet to have any weird side effects. I'm hoping I get af soon though. I'm tired of waiting!!!!!!

Know how that feels, I wasted sooo many pregnancy tests, I felt like I was in the tww for 10-11 months! I still had EWCM for 1-3 days every month during most of those months, and it was really confusing to me because I was pretty sure I would get a period if I ovulated, but my body was just tricking me. I started taking prenatal vitamins two months ago hoping the vitamins and a better diet would kick start my period, waited a month and then found vitex. My husband didn't believe it would work, he was convinced nothing would work, now he has to believe. I can't wait to tell him, "I told you so!!" When he gets home today :)

I started a diet and the vitamins all about 2 weeks ago. I thought that it would help me me balance out and I haven't yet but I am feeling better and I think my balance is coming. I went off of bc way back in may and I've had some normal cycles and 2 abnormal. This is by far the worse of the 2 being cd70 today! I went to get blood work last sat the 10th and the dr said I had ov'd so my 'tww' is waiting to see whether I get a bfp of af or nothing still! It's a bit more stressful when you haven't had a period in a while. I hope I at least get one of the 2 by Christmas or else there may be something wrong with me. I am already like the most stressed out person ever so you could imagine what this wait is doing to me!

Maybe now that you have af you can start tracking ov more closely and get your bfp!

Hi Ladies!

I started Vitex a little over a week ago on about CD 31 I take the liquid form 1000 mg a day. And today I got my first positive OPK ever! :happydance: I do not know if it was a coincidence (sp?) or the Vitex helped things along. I could not believe my eyes when it showed up positive, the test line was darker than the control! I have taken about 40 OPKs in the past few months and this was the first positive.

Anyway now I have to figure out when I should ovulate. The last OPK I took was 4 days ago and that one was negative so I do not know if this positive means I already O'ed or I am due to O tomorrow,ect. Because I know sometimes they can show up positive for a couple days...

I started a diet and the vitamins all about 2 weeks ago. I thought that it would help me me balance out and I haven't yet but I am feeling better and I think my balance is coming. I went off of bc way back in may and I've had some normal cycles and 2 abnormal. This is by far the worse of the 2 being cd70 today! I went to get blood work last sat the 10th and the dr said I had ov'd so my 'tww' is waiting to see whether I get a bfp of af or nothing still! It's a bit more stressful when you haven't had a period in a while. I hope I at least get one of the 2 by Christmas or else there may be something wrong with me. I am already like the most stressed out person ever so you could imagine what this wait is doing to me!

Maybe now that you have af you can start tracking ov more closely and get your bfp!

That is what I am hoping, I just started to chart on fertilityfriend. Going to start taking my temps when I wake up to see hubby off to work at 6:30 am and making note of any and all symptoms I feel and see if I can get a hold on my cycles and ovulation. Thinking of ordering some OPKs, and I should be getting two more bottles of vitex in the mail tomorrow along with some red raspberry leaf pills to help with my period pain, and to strengthen my uterus so it can be nice and healthy after it being "out of use" for so long. Would rather use natural herbs instead of pay way too much money to doctors that want me to try and concieve on my own forever before they help me. Good luck to you on ending your long wait!

yeah I've only taken like 3 opks in my life! I bought a bunch of em but have been waiting for this cycle to be over. Congrats on the positive, hopefully you didn't miss it and you are about to ov. Good luck!

Hi Ladies!

I started Vitex a little over a week ago on about CD 31 I take the liquid form 1000 mg a day. And today I got my first positive OPK ever! :happydance: I do not know if it was a coincidence (sp?) or the Vitex helped things along. I could not believe my eyes when it showed up positive, the test line was darker than the control! I have taken about 40 OPKs in the past few months and this was the first positive.

Anyway now I have to figure out when I should ovulate. The last OPK I took was 4 days ago and that one was negative so I do not know if this positive means I already O'ed or I am due to O tomorrow,ect. Because I know sometimes they can show up positive for a couple days...

Don't know anything about OPKs, because I have never used them, but plan to start using them soon. I do have experience with vitex though and I am pretty dang sure I ovulated 15 days after using it. Also pretty sure that was the first ovulation I had in at least 10 months. I am thinking I ovulated November 29th or a few days after because I had cramps in my ovary area and then lots of EWCM that same day and sore nipples for a few days starting the day after those cramps. Excited to start tracking ovulation and tracking my cycles. Good luck to you!

I get sensitive nipples from 2dpo.

Lovetoteach - Great that vitex is working for you.

ImSoTired - You'll know what's going on soon.

Rachel - Yay to +OPK!!! :happydance: Chances are you haven't O'd yet but getting BDing! Good luck!!!

Thats great and even if I did O today I should be covered because we BD'ed Saturday and Sunday. And I will make sure to for the next few days as well! I did not notice much EWCM last cycle but this cycle I drank grapefruit juice daily and started Vitex 10 days ago and I have been getting a lot of it the past 4 days! The only reason I decided to take an OPK today was because I noticed a ton of it this a.m. I really did not expect it to be positive I was shocked.

I also noticed last cycle a couple days or so after I o'ed I got senstive nipples. That is great news lovetoteach that Vitex helped you O!

Imsotired I pray you get your BFP when you test on Christmas Eve!

Bean-I hope you O soon Vitex continues to move your O earlier!

Thanks girls. If you are religious pray that I get a bfp of af (preferably bfp)! If you aren't religious just keep your fingers crossed! I'll do the same for you!:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->