Anyone who is ttc having trouble with their cycles due to previous bc use?

So I called my doctor and his assistant/nurse told me that the day 21 progesterone blood test is just to see that I ovulated period, so I went anyways even though I only ovulated three days ago. I guess he just wants to know that I ovulated and it isn't so much concerned with seeing if I need help with additional progesterone. Maybe if there is a next cycle we can wait until 7 days after ovulation and see what my levels are.

At your next appt you should certainly sit down and tell them that you would like your progesterone monitored to make sure your chances are good as you are taking clomid. I don't know much about it but I think that as long as you have ovulated and you have a decent length LP I wouldn't think there was anything wrong with your levels. Just because you had a difficult time ovulating on your own doesn't mean that there will be other issues when you do, i.e. uterine lining, progesterone levels etc. I think you will be just fine but it couldn't hurt to tell your doctor all the things you are thinking of. I can't wait to see if you get that bfp this cycle...I hope you do. Fx'd!

Soo nervous, technically I could test on my birthday, which would be 12 dpo, but I don't dare test early like that and ruin my birthday. I think I am going to wait until 14dpo, which is that friday, the day before I go down and visit my side of the family for the weekend.

So I called my doctor and his assistant/nurse told me that the day 21 progesterone blood test is just to see that I ovulated period, so I went anyways even though I only ovulated three days ago. I guess he just wants to know that I ovulated and it isn't so much concerned with seeing if I need help with additional progesterone. Maybe if there is a next cycle we can wait until 7 days after ovulation and see what my levels are.

It is not a bad idea to get an accurate reading to know if your levels are normal so you aren't wasting your time because then you could get on supplements. If your levels are too low you may miscarry or not get pregnant in the first place, ect.

As imsotired said just because you weren't o'ing doesn't mean you will have other issues so hopefully levels are fine. Be on the look out for spotting before AF, I hear that can be a sign of low prog that's why I am asking for a 7 day test this time because I spotted for almost 3 days before AF this time which I don't think is good. :nope:

Just got a call about my blood results. It's highly unlikely that my child will have Down syndrome or trisomy 18 (1/10000). However the neural tube result was like 1/388 and they said there was a problem with one of my analytes (? spelling?) that means something may or may not be wrong but they think it is unlikely.:shrug: I'm not sure whether or not I should be relieved or scared. I'm so confused. I see my OB on the 12th and he will have gotten these results as well so hopefully he can make it all a little more clear for me.

wow all of those tests are enough to give someone something to stress about :dohh: I wouldnt even want to get that done because I know I will worry even if the chance is slim, how nervewracking.

If they told you the chances were unlikely then you should relax and trust them imo, they are the drs! :)

Just got a call about my blood results. It's highly unlikely that my child will have Down syndrome or trisomy 18 (1/10000). However the neural tube result was like 1/388 and they said there was a problem with one of my analytes (? spelling?) that means something may or may not be wrong but they think it is unlikely.:shrug: I'm not sure whether or not I should be relieved or scared. I'm so confused. I see my OB on the 12th and he will have gotten these results as well so hopefully he can make it all a little more clear for me.

I say be relieved about the positive results, and try not to worry about the uncertain ones, because it could be nothing and just some problem with the test results. With every step you take in your pregnancy journey I can forsee how many mountains I am going to make out of mole hills along the way. I always tell myself to try and look at the positives though, and I find things to distract me.

I'll be calling the doctor to explain it to me again today. The woman on the phone seemed to be not at all concerned which at first as pretty comforting but then I began thinking of what she said. She said that the analyte was only slightly off and it's pretty common but it could mean there is a problem or it could mean I will have preeclampsia or preterm labor. And she said that the nueral tube risk was low at 1/388 but would mean I need another ultrasound at 32 weeks and the risk might go down with each scan. It just seems to be that she sounded very positive to keep me calm not because the results were good. Really scared.

I hope you are all doing well

I'll be calling the doctor to explain it to me again today. The woman on the phone seemed to be not at all concerned which at first as pretty comforting but then I began thinking of what she said. She said that the analyte was only slightly off and it's pretty common but it could mean there is a problem or it could mean I will have preeclampsia or preterm labor. And she said that the nueral tube risk was low at 1/388 but would mean I need another ultrasound at 32 weeks and the risk might go down with each scan. It just seems to be that she sounded very positive to keep me calm not because the results were good. Really scared.

I hope you are all doing well

The way you explained it there makes it sound better, hopefully it's just nothing and just something they had to let you know just in case so you don't come back and yell at them for telling you everything was 100% normal when there may be a .0000001% chance something could go slightly wrong.

Fertility friend changed my ovulation day to cd 19!! Maybe it's right, but I thought that my nipples started to get sensitive AFTER I ovulate, not the day of and a few days after. Now I am even more nervous, but at least I ovulated because today is day four of increased temps. I don't want to go backwards on the two week wait though, I need to be flying through the days, not taking them away!

I'm just very worried because if there is a neural tube defect the child will have it for life if they survived and I can't imagine what is wrong with my blood that makes them think I'll have preeclampsia and or preterm labor. I have a call in to my doctor now to see if he can't better explain my risks to me. It's just all very stressful.

Lovetoteach I thought you probably O'd on Sat because of the ewcm. You haven't ovulated in so long that maybe your body started feeling the effects of the progesterone early therefore making your nipples sore the day of as opposed to after. I'd say it's pretty normal and wouldn't worry about it. I could NEVER tell when I O'd until about a week after when my breasts got sore. And the month we conceived they were really really sore around my missed period. Ouch. It's all very good though and I'm sure you are just happy to have ovulated at this point! I just hope you get the bfp to go along with it. I'll keep my fx'd for you.

Well I guess his little spermies had to have lasted for two days, or swam really really fast to meet the egg I just released that day even though we bded (bd'd?) the NIGHT of my ovulation.

Well I guess his little spermies had to have lasted for two days, or swam really really fast to meet the egg I just released that day even though we bded (bd'd?) the NIGHT of my ovulation.

Your chart says you bd'd on Saturday and the sperm can last for 2 days so either way you have a good shot. I hope it catches.

Just thought that I'd update what the nurse said. She said that she thinks the neural tube will not be an issue however the analyte may be at some point, The analyte is a protein that the found in one of my blood sampes which might mean that the baby won't grow right, although everything might be just fine. It's apparently not uncommon but sometimes there is an issue and sometimes there isn't. I guess it is something we will have to further discuss at my appts on the 12th and the 20th. It has me completely numb right now as I have no idea whether or not baby will grow right or not. I will be getting an extra ultrasound or two for them to check baby's growth. AGain the nurse suggested that nothing is certain and I shouldn't worry but worry is all I know how to do now-a-days. ALl I can do is hope it all turns out well.

I hope everything turns out ok :hugs: I bet that it will but I don't blame you for worrying because I would as well. Did she say what the odds were of having issues because of this?

I hope everything turns out ok :hugs: I bet that it will but I don't blame you for worrying because I would as well. Did she say what the odds were of having issues because of this?

No she didn't give me any odds. She said that sometimes women who have this turn up have healthy baby's and others do not. I'm guessing that means my odds are 50/50. I really don't know what to think. I'm so numb.

Just thought that I'd update what the nurse said. She said that she thinks the neural tube will not be an issue however the analyte may be at some point, The analyte is a protein that the found in one of my blood sampes which might mean that the baby won't grow right, although everything might be just fine. It's apparently not uncommon but sometimes there is an issue and sometimes there isn't. I guess it is something we will have to further discuss at my appts on the 12th and the 20th. It has me completely numb right now as I have no idea whether or not baby will grow right or not. I will be getting an extra ultrasound or two for them to check baby's growth. AGain the nurse suggested that nothing is certain and I shouldn't worry but worry is all I know how to do now-a-days. ALl I can do is hope it all turns out well.

:hugs: Keeping my fingers crossed that it's nothing and hoping that the days will fly by until the 12th and the 20th when the doctors can give you more information.

I am going to kill fertility friend if it keeps moving my o date!!!!! If I take out that fast of ewcm it says I ovulated cd 18, but if I leave my chart as is it says cd 20, I am very frustrated. The egg white cm was very egg white like in consistency, but only slightly stretchy, I just don't know what to think, to keep it on or take it off the chart..

I am going to kill fertility friend if it keeps moving my o date!!!!! If I take out that fast of ewcm it says I ovulated cd 18, but if I leave my chart as is it says cd 20, I am very frustrated. The egg white cm was very egg white like in consistency, but only slightly stretchy, I just don't know what to think, to keep it on or take it off the chart..

Not sure. Still think you O'd on cd 19. FF isn't always right. Don't worry you definately O'd and I think you have a good chance. Good luck.

Still pretty nervous but hoping it's just nothing and baby is ok. 8 days until I get to hear heartbeat and talk to my doctor. Little over 2 weeks until ultrasound and I'm keeping my fx'd.

Still pretty nervous but hoping it's just nothing and baby is ok. 8 days until I get to hear heartbeat and talk to my doctor. Little over 2 weeks until ultrasound and I'm keeping my fx'd.

Waiting is so hard no matter what stage you are at on your ttc journey, it just gets harder and more nerve racking it seems. Wish I had a fast forward button for you.

The waiting for my appts to check on baby is absolutely killing me. I hope everything is ok I can't help but be really stressed out. I wish baby would just kick and kick and not stop so I know that baby is at least ok in there. 18 weeks today. Ob appt in 1 week Ultrasound in 2 weeks 1 day. Hurry, hurry!

Hope everyone is doing well today.

How is everyone? Rachel, you've been quiet over there, everything going good so far?

Everything is okay on my front I think, I am getting slight cramps on the right side yesterday and today. Also some creamy cm,and of course my sore nipples, which didn't go away last real cycle until 7dpo. I still have awhile to wait though, especially since fertility friend pushed my O date back two days. I am determined to wait until cd 14 to test, 9 more days to go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->