Anyone who is ttc having trouble with their cycles due to previous bc use?

Well I just came back from my scan, and I saw a different dr. today and I asked her to tell me what the thickness of my lining was and it was onnly 3.4 mm She claimed that it doesnt matter at this point and it will continue to thicken after I O and that is when you get an accurate reading on it and that it is fine for this point in my cycle but EVERYTHING I read says the lining really doesnt thicken much more after O and at this point in my cycle it should be at least 8 mm and anything under that would mean pregnancy chances are extremely slim. So it looks like I will have about zero chance this cycle, I am soooooooo upset. I knew my lining was way too thin because my AFs are always way too light. The dr. says that doesnt mean anything, I really don't trust that though.

They found a 13mm follie in my right ovary and 15 mm in the left. Last cycle on CD 13 when my usual dr found a 14 mm follie she was pleased with it and said I would O within a few days and if AF showed I could stay on 100 mg. This dr. had a completely different and negative view on my follie size today. She said I wasn't responding well enough and I should be upped to 150 mg next cycle She said there is a "chance" I will O and could get pregnant but she didn't sound optimistic. How the hell does she say that when last cycle I had a 14 mm and my dr. was happy with it? I am dumbfounded as to how their views are SO different. I am so sick of this office and my RE appt on Thursday can't come soon enough. I feel they are COMPLETLY incompatent when it comes to fertility and I am so upset that my time was wasted I should have just gone straight to an RE.

Yay another bump picture! So cute :)

Rachel, that would be awesome if you o'd already. The doctor/nurse did my progesterone test on cd 21, which for me only ended up being one to three days after I ovulated and they still found elevated levels of progesterone even though it was so early.

My nipples hurt soo bad when I take my bra off, thank God for padded bras though because I can't feel the pain during the day at all I was so excited to see my really high temp this morning. I keep taking that cd 19 ewcm off and putting it back on my chart, it makes 2 days different, don't know for sure, but I should know more when I get af or a bfp.

Hmmm....I still think you O'd on cd19 but regardless of which day you actually did your chances look good. Your symptoms are amazing....I hope that it is pregnancy and not just a rush of hormones. I am very happy for you having ovulated and I hope that your body, and his swimmers, took advantage of it. I know it's early and you probably don't want to get your hopes up but...when are you testing?

My goal is to wait til monday, but I might test friday if dh keeps bugging me everyday.

Rachel I would be upset too, good thing you are seeing someone else because that is confusing.

Yes I can't wait to talk to a competant dr. for once. I am just so depressed right now because odds are this cycle is a waste :cry:

Yes I can't wait to talk to a competant dr. for once. I am just so depressed right now because odds are this cycle is a waste :cry:

I know it's upsetting but I say try anyway. Don't throw this cycle away because of what those doctors said. Luckily you will see another doctor on Thurs and you can ask all of your questions about lining and follicle size and all. Just try this cycle anyway and be happy that you are seeing someone who knows more about it. I hope your appt on Thurs goes well.

Ugg time is just dragging! I need to check on this baby so why is it taking forever!? So hard not to worry! I'm going to clean the kitchen today and put laundry away then hopefully start reading a new book. I hope cleaning up takes my mind off of it all. I still have to put the basement back together and the baby's room but I can't be moving furniture on my own so I'll have to wait for DH this weekend. But he is working Saturday so It'll have to be Sat evening or Sun. I hope to go buy baby things after we find out the sex so I want it all cleaned up by then.

Anyway I hope you girls are doing well.

I'm doing good, just waiting just like you. I want to believe that I will see a bfp, but i have a hard time believing it could happen the first time.

Very exciting lovetoteach. I hope this is your bfp!

I am soooooo nervous to go to my appt tomorrow. Why do I get such anxiety from going to the doctor!? I think I get it especially now because I'm always worried they'll give me bad news. Ugg.

Very exciting lovetoteach. I hope this is your bfp!

I am soooooo nervous to go to my appt tomorrow. Why do I get such anxiety from going to the doctor!? I think I get it especially now because I'm always worried they'll give me bad news. Ugg.

I think you get nervous because you are like me, always preparing yourself for the worst thinking that if you think it will all be butterflies and rainbows it will hurt a lot worse when you get bad news. I just have to try to tell myself that it will all be okay. Like now, if I don't get a bfp, at least I ovulated, which means I at least had a shot this time unlike every other month. I think everything will be fine with your check up though, those percentages sounded pretty low to me.

Appt at 11 and then hopefully my best friend is coming to visit. She lives a state away going to school but she is in town today. Hope she makes it to my house. Still so nervous about this appt! It drives me crazy! All I can do is hope everything goes well and baby is fine! Better go get a few things done and get ready. Hope everyone is doing well!

Oh good luck at your appt Rachel!

Good luck to both of you! Hope it's good news all around. I also hope that this doctor is a lot more considerate and knowledgable too Rachel.

I'm home already! I got there at 10:53 and I'm home. They had me in and out. I gained a tiny bit more weight, maybe 2 lbs. My bp was 124/70 I think she said, so not bad even though I was nervous. She picked up baby's heartbeat quickly although the doppler was staticy and I was nervous about it. My urine is fine and the doctor says I'm measuring fine. They were short staffed and he asked me if I whad any questions and then he took my chart and we were done. I'm assuming he's not at all concerned with my bloodwork or else he would have said something. I was a little confused that he took my chart because usually he gives it to me but he said he needed it for something. He had no concerns or anything so I guess baby and I are ok.:shrug: He also asked when I was going to the other place for my ultrasound and I told him the 20th, so he probably assumed that they would explain the blood results to me further as they were the ones who do that screening, not him. So now I wait, a week tomorrow, until my scan. I'll have trouble sleeping the night before for sure! I hope they say that everything looks good and they aren't worried. THen maybe I can relax a bit and buy baby some things.

Rachel I hope your appt went well!

Lovetoteah your chart looks good still! EEEK! How exciting!

I'm home already! I got there at 10:53 and I'm home. They had me in and out. I gained a tiny bit more weight, maybe 2 lbs. My bp was 124/70 I think she said, so not bad even though I was nervous. She picked up baby's heartbeat quickly although the doppler was staticy and I was nervous about it. My urine is fine and the doctor says I'm measuring fine. They were short staffed and he asked me if I whad any questions and then he took my chart and we were done. I'm assuming he's not at all concerned with my bloodwork or else he would have said something. I was a little confused that he took my chart because usually he gives it to me but he said he needed it for something. He had no concerns or anything so I guess baby and I are ok.:shrug: He also asked when I was going to the other place for my ultrasound and I told him the 20th, so he probably assumed that they would explain the blood results to me further as they were the ones who do that screening, not him. So now I wait, a week tomorrow, until my scan. I'll have trouble sleeping the night before for sure! I hope they say that everything looks good and they aren't worried. THen maybe I can relax a bit and buy baby some things.

Rachel I hope your appt went well!

Lovetoteah your chart looks good still! EEEK! How exciting!

Glad they seem to think everything is fine, good thing you don't have to wait another month for your scan. I can't wait to know if your little mango is a boy or a girl :)

My chart is sooo deciving, everything screams bfp, but I know that it might not be. I was really bad and tested today, even though I know a BFN means nothing this early on I can't help thinking that it means I am out. I don't know why I do these things, for some absurd reason I thought I would be a super prego and get a faint line at least, but my body is late on everything, so why would it cooperate and let me get a bfp this early? At least that was my last test and I won't be buying anymore until sunday after I get back from seeing my family this weekend.

lovetoteach-I wouldnt worry about a BFN this early a lot of people won't see a positive until closer to when AF is due, don't loose hope your chart and symptoms sound promising!!

imsotired-I am happy to hear your appt went well. I feel like time went so quick, its crazy your gender scan is only a week away! :happydance:

DH and I were not thrilled with my dr. so I asked a friend of mine what dr. she is seeing since she raved about her RE. I didn't go there in the first place because it is further away but it is worth it. My dr. was not very personable and didn't take much time with us, I really didn't get a good feeling about him. With all the money we will have to invest in this I really want to see a dr. I trust and like.

I was able to get a scan today and my lining is still pretty thin at 5.4 mm and my biggest follie is now 17 mm. He said my lining was pretty thin and he would move me to femara for future treatments because clomid thins the lining for some people. He said it will thicken up until O so I have chance it will make it to 7-8 mm. I think above 7 mm you have a chance but 8 mm + is ideal. I got the trigger shot and you typically O 36 hours after you take it. They wanted me to wait until tomorrow to take it to give the follie a chance to grow more as they like to trigger at at least 18 mm but timing is of the essence due to DH leaving tomorrow afternoon. So I may wait until late tonight and trigger after 11 pm and then I should O by Saturday morning and if we BD tomorrow afternoon I hope that will be good enough timing!

DH thinks we should abstain today and just BD tomorrow afternoon to save up the :spermy: but I am thinking we are better off BD'ing tonight and tomorrow if I will O by Saturday...what do you girls think?

If you don't think he has issues with his spermies I would say tonight and tomorrow, although I don't think that waiting for tomorrow would hurt if you O 36 hours after the trigger.

Lovetoteach sorry about the bfn. It is early though and I surely thought my first pos test looked neg. I then took another test later in the day which was more positive. Wait a few days and I hope you still get that bfp! If not, at least you won't have to wait too long to O and try again!

Rachel find the doctor that is right for you. Work with whoever you can for now but if you aren't happy just keep looking until you find the one you want. It sounds like the guy you went to at least cleared a few things up for you unlike the gynos you were seeing. I'm with lovetoteach- I would BD once every 24 hrs or so until DH goes away. That'll give you the best chance.

One week until my ultrasound and wow I'm nervous for it. I just hope that baby is ok and growing well. I also can't wait to find out if it is a boy or girl. It'll make it all so much more real to me I think. I'm hoping everything goes great and baby is perfect. fx'd!

Hope everyone is doing well today!

imsotired-Are you having anymore feelings one way or the other as to if its a boy or girl?

I did the trigger shot late last night, actually I had DH do it because I'm a wuss. It didn't hurt much going in but I have some bruising around the injection site today. I usually bruise when I get IVs so I think I just bruise easily. We BD'ed last night and will again around 4 pm today. I should O by tomorrow morning so hopefully our timing will be ok!

I am sick with a cold now and I think thats why my temp was higher today, I will probably discard it because it may screw up the day FF thinks I o'ed on. I know I caught it from being on the stupid airplane Monday :growlmad:

I still think my chances are slim this month as my lining was still only 5.2 mm yesterday. I pray it thickens up at least to 7 mm by time I O. I am eating pineapple and brazil nuts which are supposed to help the lining, I will continue to do this for the next week or so.

Thats great Rachel eat whatever they say may help. There is a good chance it'll be at least 7mm as it isn't too far off. It sucks about the cold though. Hope that gets better soon.

I am completely not sure what baby is. I thought for a long time it was a boy but i have had second thoughts and have been thinking maybe not? I guess it's just that I hope for a girl but I know I'll be fine with a boy too. Girls are just rare in my family so I guess I was hoping DH would be the one to supply one, lol. We shall see in 1 week!

Wow rachel, your temperatures are getting up there, looks like the trigger worked.

I am 13dpo, so really I am 14 dpo, either af will catch me this weekend, or I will test on monday. At least I know my lp is long enough. Last time it was 18 days, but I was probably a few days off on my o day as opks never work for me.

I think you typically o closer to 36 hours post trigger and I got the trigger Thurs late night. I think my temps may be up due to my cold? Not sure if a cold causes that it is a really mild cold. I wonder if I should discard the temps?

Iwas at a farmers market today and there was a stand where they cut up fresh pineapple so I got a pineapple and I saw he discarded the cores so he gave me 3 cores! Apparently the core is the best part to thicken the lining. I also bought more Brazil nuts. I hope it works!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->