Anyone who is ttc having trouble with their cycles due to previous bc use?

I don't have appointments unless I make them. He doesn't "need" to see me again until after my next cycle of clomid, or whenever I get a bfp.

The only times I go to his office is if I request an appointment because I feel I haven't ovulated, or just a quick in and out to get my blood drawn on CD21 to test if I ovulated. When I go for a quick in and out for blood tests, the only person I see is the women in the blood testing office. Which is good because I don't have to pay the 20% co pay for an appointment just to get my blood drawn. The next time I will see my doctor will probably be december or january, unless I get a bfp before then.

I see. At least you are saving money on appts.:thumbup: I hope you do get your bfp soon so that you don't need to see your doctor for any other reason but I wouldn't hesitate to call and voice your concerns especially if you have big changes in your cycle like a shorter lp, etc. Temps don't always mean something because I didn't particularly have great temps when I got my bfp until after I tested pos. And Rachel had nice high temps which aren't always her usual. So temps are not always a sure thing. I can't wait to see if you get your bfp though it's so exciting! fx'd!

Steph-If you only gained 20 lbs so far I bet you will be 30 or less when it's all said and done. Do you plan on breast feeding? I hear that helps you loose the baby weight faster. :thumbup:

Michelle-I am not sure if the temps mean anything or not. If you don't spot or have a short LP that's a good sign. IF you don't get a BFP this cycle I would instead of cd 21 blood work keep temping so you know when you O and try to get your blood drawn on 7 dpo because that is when it peaks and ask them for the actual number. I believe it should be bare minimum 10 but on a medicated cycle I think 15+ is ideal. That way you will know if your progesterone is normal and if for some reason it isn't there are always supplements. I am on one now because when I got my BFP I measured at 18.6 and my dr likes to see 20+ in pregnancy so I was put on a supplement. The problem with regular obs is they do not specialize in fertility so they are not nearly as thorough as an RE would be. My gyno was not helpful whatsoever and my RE was AMAZING like night and day, I wished I just skipped straight to the RE and didn't waste 3+ months with my gyno to be honest.

The ultrasound went perfect!! The baby was measuring just as it should at 9+3 (exactly three weeks ago at my last scan it measured 6+3). We got to hear the heartbeat which was 176 bpm and see the baby move it's arms and legs, it was amazing! :happydance: I am so relieved to see everything is fine because I have been a little worried since my symptoms have been much more mild the past few days. Now I can just be happy that I am feeling good and not worry.:happydance: The dr seemed really confident that things would go well from here and he sent me on my way to my first ob appt which I am waiting on a call back to schedule.

Here is a pic of the scan. The dr said the baby kept curling up so we didn't get the best picture but you get the idea :)

https://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u508/Rachel7899/Ultrasounds/img054.jpg

Rachel I'm so happy your scan went well. It's amazing how big baby has gotten, huh? And what a strong heartbeat! My baby's heartbeat was much lower than that early on and my baby aways measured a few days behind or right on the money. You are measuring a bit ahead which is great! I think you have a lot of things to be happy and positive about! Before you know it you'll be feeling kicks and growing a bump! So excited for you!

I just took a lovely nap as I knew I would need. But I'm feeling uncomfortable now I have very mild AF like cramping. I'm thinking maybe baby's head is in my pelvis and it's causing the pain because her feet are high but not jabbing me in the ribs, so lower than that. I'm also a little gassy today (tmi, sry) so it may be adding to the mild cramping. Ah, the joys of pregnancy:blush:.

Oh yes the joys of pregnancy, I really never had much gas before but I get it a lot these days :blush:

Oh yes the joys of pregnancy, I really never had much gas before but I get it a lot these days :blush:

Unfortunately I think it's one of the most consistant pregnancy symptoms coming and going throughout the whole thing. Sometimes the gas is really painful as well.

Ooh I am 31 weeks today meaning I have 6-11 weeks to go
( if you go by term is 37 wk and the possiblility of 2 weeks late) I'm hoping she comes in around 7 weeks. So fx'd she and I are both ready!

wow it is going so quick! Happy 31 weeks :)

I can't stop thinking about seeing the baby moving today on the ultrasound, every time I think about it I smile :cloud9:

So I am not getting any af cramps or anything, but my temp went below the cover line today. Af HAS to be coming, there is no way my temps would be taking the textbook downhill journey to af land like this if she weren't about to come bursting through the doors and join me on my weekend away with my family. At least I haven't wasted any tests though.

Also, if I start tomorrow or tonight, 14 days is a normal lp. Maybe it's the B complex vitamins I have been taking. I surf the internet too much and read somewhere that BCP can deplete your B vitamins and so I have been taking a vitamin B complex the past month or so. Maybe instead of making my lp longer, which is impossible at 16 days, it made it shorter? That is really the only thing I changed besides upping my clomid dosage.

P.S. I am loving fall. My store has some fall flowers and huge squash/gourd things at the doors. I really need to make a trip to the arboretum to see all their massive fall set up along their nature trails. They always have a "pumpkin land" with a pumpkin house and everything for the kids.

Michelle-I am sorry it looks like AF may be making an appearance. I hope it doesn't happen and your temp goes back up tomorrow. If AF shows will your dr have you try a higher dose of clomid?

Michelle I love the fall too. It's always been my favorite! I'm waiting until next week or so and then DH and I are going to buy our mums and pumpkins. I have been burning my fall candles for the past few weeks and on Sun I'm having DH pull my fall decorations out of the attic as I don't think I should be crawling around in there. I can't wait! Once the fall decor goes away then it's time for Christmas! Baby will be here around the time I'm decorating for Christmas so it's pretty exciting for me this year! I'm most worried about money but we'll be ok. It's all a matter of dipping into savings, which I hate doing but it may be necessary. That's besides the point anyhow...

Michelle So sorry that AF may be on her way! If it's any consolation I feel as though Af is coming even though she isn't. I have that hunger that I used to get around AF and some mild cramping. I wonder if baby is having a growth spurt causing the cravings and cramps? I hope that your next cycle is the one you get your bfp! That would give you a Summer baby!It is weird that you're having a shorter lp but I suppose a change in dosage of clomid or the vitamins could change that. I used to take B vitamins too but stopped taking everything but the prenatal when I got pregnant.

Baby was mildly active today so far. She has been kicking or tapping really gently. I just hope she's ok because I don't see my doctor until the 11th when I may ask them for a NST just to be sure she is ok in there. I've been so nervous lately it really can't be good for her and then my shower will come and my ultrasound. More stress!!!:wacko: Tomorrow is our childbirthing class so I'm a little nervous about that too but mostly curious.

Sorry if Af gets you MIchelle but at least your body is responding to the meds and it's ovulating and coming on. That means your chances are great!

Rachel I hope you are doing well and I hope you are both having a great weekend.

Baby was very active yesterday at my childbirth class. Makes me so happy when she wiggles around because I know she's ok. The class was very helpful. They taught us a few ways to breathe to deal with the pain, told us a lot about the birthing process, and taught DH to support me when I go into labor. It was really informative and it only cost $60 I suggest finding one for when you are further along, Rachel. Everything seems to be going well so I can relax... OB appt on Thurs then shower on the 14th. Those are the next 2 things I have to live through. Hopefully I can get through it!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Thats good that you got him to go to a birthing, hopefully I can get my dh to go when I get pregnant. Glad she is more consistent in moving around more now.

As for me, af came full force heavy yesterday and today. The first two or three days last time I ovulated on clomid were really heavy, then all of a sudden very light for two and a half days. Normally on bcp, I was light for four days and then done.

Somedays she is so active and then others she is quiet. I think sometimes she's just tired from growing or whatever:shrug: I'm not sure. I'm sure she'll have more quiet days to come unfortunately.

Sorry about af, Michelle. You'll have another chance to O soon enough. It always happens when you least expect it. I hope you catch the eggy this time around!

Baby is sleepy this AM so far. Hope she's ok as I did a lot of work around the house yesterday and I'm now so sore. So much left to do this week because the shower is coming so I want the house cleaned to bring in all the new baby stuff and my BF is coming to stay with me the night before. Can't wait until it's over. Then my next endeavor is Christmas shopping!

Hope you ladies are well!

Sorry AF showed Michelle :( Will you be taking 100 mg again or is the dr upping it?

Steph-I bet you are looking forward to seeing your BF that's great! I hope you have a perfect shower :)

Everything is good here, I have had more energy for the past week but today I am feeling really tired. I took a 2 hour nap earlier after sleeping about 9 hours last night. Had a great weekend because my dad came to visit from Michigan and we told him in person about the baby, he was shocked and so excited!

I will be taking 100mg since I ovulated just fine. Two very heavy flow days and then today is super light. Not that i am complaining about today being light!

Rachel so great you've had a bit of energy. It'll come and go the whole pregnancy but mostly in the 1st and 3rd tris. That is great you got to tell your dad in person! Must have been a joyous occasion!

Michelle Yay for a lighter day! I had a very heavy period with lots of cramping when I wasn't on the pill. Just awful. It was one of the reasons I took the dreaded BC to begin with!

Baby was just awake for a short time pushing on me. I think she's getting too big to kick hard anymore but she is definately big enough to crowd my ribs and lungs and occasionally put pressure on my bladder. I feel her move but it used to be stronger. I guess it's a good sign that she is growing. Anyhow I am tired because I've been doing a lot of house work and I am achey!

Hope you're both doing well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->