Anyone who is ttc having trouble with their cycles due to previous bc use?

I am glad you got reassurance from your dr, that's great news!

My little bean didn't survive until week six. We went to the emergency room for bleeding today and they confirmed it. At least we know that we can get pregnant though! We will try again as soon as we get the green light.

I'm very sorry for your loss, Michelle. I hope you are feeling as well as you can at a time like this and you are able to try again soon. :hugs:

We are okay, or we will be. I took off work today as I don't think I can emotionally keep it together today. I called and told my manager, and human resources, and they said that I can take a paid personal day for yesterday, and a paid sick day for today, and tomorrow if I need to. I know it happened because everything didn't genetically line up and develop/grow properly, but it is just hard knowing we were a step closer and now we have to try again. I know I just have to cry and move on, but I feel bad for DH because I don't know how he Is going to process it all. I am sure he feels like I do, and we just want each other to be okay, but I almost feel like I don't know if this was better for him, or if it would have been better for him to just have another bfn test instead of this. I am trying to remind him that at least we know we can get pregnant, and we have both agreed we want to try again as soon as the doctor says that it is okay. I don't think he wants to talk about it, but I want to make sure that he deals with it and doesn't just bottle it up like I was doing at the hospital. I didn't cry one tear at the hospital, half because I was trying to be strong, and half because I don't think I processed it at all. I didn't say anything on the other threads, I just kind of snuck out and took it off my signature. I don't think I should blaze a mc all over a thread for April babies. I know I personally couldn't handle seeing that, so hopefully people forget I was there and let me just disappear so I don't have to freak all the newly pregnant mommies out. I am glad I can tell you ladies though as yall have your healthy babies to hold in your arms :) I still plan on adding a boy to the mix on this thread! Stay tuned for an adventure that keeps changing it's course.

Michelle, You are amazing! Keep being as positive as you are. It's understandable that you be upset now and need a few days to take in all of the information but it's fantastic that you haven't given up! And you are so right not to because as you said, you can get pregnant! And that was your first true cycle on both of your meds so you know now that you can ovulate on them. You will have many more chances and it's going to happen. I'm sad for you but excited that it's going to happen again soon, and this time with better results. :hugs:

I know I haven't had the same experience as you but while I was pregnant I must have thought about it a thousand times and thought about what I would do, how I would feel. I think I know the feeling. I hope that if you need support you come and chat, rant, whatever all you need. But keep being positive and try again. I know it's going to work out for you and you will, in fact, add that boy to this thread, lol.

:hugs: for you!

Michelle I am so so sorry for your loss :hugs: you have an amazingly positive outlook though and that's very helpful to get you through this. We are always here for you anytime you want to talk. I have a feeling it won't be long before you get your bfp with a sticky bean.

Hi everyone, I'm completely new to this website, and even TTC for that matter. Me and my fiancé have been together almost 5 years now and are just recently TTC. I don't know much of the lingo but everyone's posts have been so helpful! I'm still getting off of the depo shot since last December/January, so my AF is NEVER predictable which makes it hard to figure ovulation and when/if I'm late hopefully I can catch up on everything. I've just had AF about 4 days ago but am now having weird symptoms, extra tired the past few days some upset tummy problems and I can't seem to stay full! I'm hoping this could be it BUT I'm so discouraged that I can't figure my O and AF so I just have to cross my fingers and wait every month. Any advice would help! Thanks

Hi everyone, I'm completely new to this website, and even TTC for that matter. Me and my fiancé have been together almost 5 years now and are just recently TTC. I don't know much of the lingo but everyone's posts have been so helpful! I'm still getting off of the depo shot since last December/January, so my AF is NEVER predictable which makes it hard to figure ovulation and when/if I'm late hopefully I can catch up on everything. I've just had AF about 4 days ago but am now having weird symptoms, extra tired the past few days some upset tummy problems and I can't seem to stay full! I'm hoping this could be it BUT I'm so discouraged that I can't figure my O and AF so I just have to cross my fingers and wait every month. Any advice would help! Thanks

The fact that you're getting Af, however unpredictable, is a great sign that you are probably ovulating and you can get pregnant. What have your cycles been like since stopping? Length wise? Ovulation USUALLY takes place around 2 weeks after your period. If your cycles are long though it may be longer. Look for cervical mucus that is clear and looks/feels like egg whites. Look also for cramping around the ovaries. Both of these signs might mean you are ovulating. If you get a + pregnancy test or AF about 2 weeks after it means you have ovulated and you can go from there looking for signs and trying to find a pattern. A sure fire way to know if you are ovulating is temping. Buy a basal body thermometer and take your temp as soon as you wake up each morning (at the same time, before even sitting up preferably, and after at least 4 hours of uninterrupted sleep) You will have a sort of base temp...96/97 that's Fahrenheit but they also come in Celsius....and then after ovulation your temp will be higher...98 or so...until AF or BFP. You can also try OPKs (not as sure fire as temping, but will let you know if your body is at least trying to ovulate) which you use a lot like a preg test but they are positive when you are about to ovulate. The test has to be as dark or darker than the control line to be positive.

I would start with seeing if you can find a pattern or a sign that you are ovulating and if you've been at it a while with no results then start the opks and temping. If you've only just started ttc I'd say that chances are you'll be able to conceive without all the hassle of tracking ovulation if you just continue to have unprotected sex regularly.

Also if you continue to ttc without success and your cycles are still all over the place go to the doctor and mention that you've been ttc. Maybe they will help you get your cycles in order but they usually wait until you've been trying for a year or so before doing anything, that's why I suggested the other ways of tracking ovulation. There are also other things like microscopes, which I have NO experience with, that women use to pinpoint their fertile days. I found that the temping and opks were enough though.

Best of luck to you and feel free to ask questions whenever you need to. There are a lot of great women on this site who know their stuff.

The fact that you're getting Af, however unpredictable, is a great sign that you are probably ovulating and you can get pregnant. What have your cycles been like since stopping? Length wise? Ovulation USUALLY takes place around 2 weeks after your period. If your cycles are long though it may be longer. Look for cervical mucus that is clear and looks/feels like egg whites. Look also for cramping around the ovaries. Both of these signs might mean you are ovulating. If you get a + pregnancy test or AF about 2 weeks after it means you have ovulated and you can go from there looking for signs and trying to find a pattern. A sure fire way to know if you are ovulating is temping. Buy a basal body thermometer and take your temp as soon as you wake up each morning (at the same time, before even sitting up preferably, and after at least 4 hours of uninterrupted sleep) You will have a sort of base temp...96/97 that's Fahrenheit but they also come in Celsius....and then after ovulation your temp will be higher...98 or so...until AF or BFP. You can also try OPKs (not as sure fire as temping, but will let you know if your body is at least trying to ovulate) which you use a lot like a preg test but they are positive when you are about to ovulate. The test has to be as dark or darker than the control line to be positive.

I would start with seeing if you can find a pattern or a sign that you are ovulating and if you've been at it a while with no results then start the opks and temping. If you've only just started ttc I'd say that chances are you'll be able to conceive without all the hassle of tracking ovulation if you just continue to have unprotected sex regularly.

Also if you continue to ttc without success and your cycles are still all over the place go to the doctor and mention that you've been ttc. Maybe they will help you get your cycles in order but they usually wait until you've been trying for a year or so before doing anything, that's why I suggested the other ways of tracking ovulation. There are also other things like microscopes, which I have NO experience with, that women use to pinpoint their fertile days. I found that the temping and opks were enough though.

Best of luck to you and feel free to ask questions whenever you need to. There are a lot of great women on this site who know their stuff.

Thanks for the reply! I've been TTC for about 8 months now and the fact that I haven't got BFP yet isn't surprising due to the fact that depo doesn't leave your system for 6-18 months. My period started almost immediately after my 1st missed shot but didn't stop for 3 months until finally my doctor put me on the pill to regulate my period. It helped a little but I didn't like the thought of putting more BC into my body so after a month i quit taking it. Now my periods sometimes come every 2 weeks to 3 weeks but never a full 28 day cycle: nope: I'm definitely interested in getting opks but am not near a drug store to get one. It's all very frustrating and I'm almost scared that I might be infertile, but its a distant scare. I know I'm still young and I'm probably not sterile but its always been a fear of mine.
Thanks for the advice!

youngandttc if you are bleeding every two weeks you might not be ovulating yet. It is most likely all just because of the depo shot. I think what your doctor was trying to do with the pill was regulate your cycle for a few months so your body might get the point. If your cycles continue to be every 2 to 3 weeks I'd go to the doctor and this time I'd listen to what they said and go on the pill. I know you don't want to put any more hormones in your body. I totally get where you are coming from with that...but I think that with cycles that close you probably don't have time to ovulate and therefore the egg isn't being released. I doubt you're infertile either, it's just that your body is confused from the shot. Once you get to the one year mark of ttc the doctor will probably do some tests and you'll be reassured. And you'll need to get your cycles in some sort of order. I hope you do get pregnant in the meantime though. You should still look for signs of ovulation just in case.

I buy my opks online from amazon. I buy wondfo, they are cheap but effective. But in your case I wouldn't know when to use them. You can also try vitex to regulate your cycles but it doesn't work for everyone.

I kind of have a similar issue as you. I gave birth in December and I went on the mini pill in January as a form of contraceptive. I quit breast feeding in May and I started AF two weeks or so after. I've had AF every two weeks since:wacko:. I think that I am going to ask my doctor for a full hormone pill for a maximum of 6 months to give my body the right idea and then I'll go off and give myself a few months before ttc again to track ovulation and regulate my cycles naturally. So I know I'm not ovulating but I still get AF every 2 weeks. It's so annoying.

Anyway, I'd get in contact with the doctor again and see what they can do for you. Maybe ask them if there's any other way than going on the pill? It's worth a try.

I'm doing okay, just more waiting, I wish they would just let me come in already, but nooooo, I have to wait a week :( I don't get to go see the doctor in until August 14th. I guess they want everything to go back to ground zero, but my HCG levels were already back down to a 14 when I went to the emergency room on Sunday, and I am not even spotting anymore. Now if my body magically ovulates on it's own it will be a miracle. I think I am going to have to do the two weeks of condoms, followed by the provera to make me have a period, and then another expensive round of ultrasound, femara, and cd21 blood test to confirm ovulation. I am more excited then before though, because I know there is really a chance, now I know getting pregnant is a definite possibility. Before I got that bfp I wasn't sure if I would ever get pregnant.

Sorry you have more waiting to do, Michelle. But it is going to happen for you and I'm glad that you're excited and you know it. Let us know how everything goes and I hope you are feeling well:hugs:

youngandttc if you are bleeding every two weeks you might not be ovulating yet. It is most likely all just because of the depo shot. I think what your doctor was trying to do with the pill was regulate your cycle for a few months so your body might get the point. If your cycles continue to be every 2 to 3 weeks I'd go to the doctor and this time I'd listen to what they said and go on the pill. I know you don't want to put any more hormones in your body. I totally get where you are coming from with that...but I think that with cycles that close you probably don't have time to ovulate and therefore the egg isn't being released. I doubt you're infertile either, it's just that your body is confused from the shot. Once you get to the one year mark of ttc the doctor will probably do some tests and you'll be reassured. And you'll need to get your cycles in some sort of order. I hope you do get pregnant in the meantime though. You should still look for signs of ovulation just in case.

I buy my opks online from amazon. I buy wondfo, they are cheap but effective. But in your case I wouldn't know when to use them. You can also try vitex to regulate your cycles but it doesn't work for everyone.

I kind of have a similar issue as you. I gave birth in December and I went on the mini pill in January as a form of contraceptive. I quit breast feeding in May and I started AF two weeks or so after. I've had AF every two weeks since:wacko:. I think that I am going to ask my doctor for a full hormone pill for a maximum of 6 months to give my body the right idea and then I'll go off and give myself a few months before ttc again to track ovulation and regulate my cycles naturally. So I know I'm not ovulating but I still get AF every 2 weeks. It's so annoying.

Anyway, I'd get in contact with the doctor again and see what they can do for you. Maybe ask them if there's any other way than going on the pill? It's worth a try.

That's kinda what I was afraid of (that I might not even be ovulating) which may be the case but I guess I should try some tests to confirm it. It is very frustrating having my body so out of whack! I started depo when I was 13-14 years old (bcuz of worried parents) so my body didn't have much time to begin its own regular cycle. It worries me that it may never go back to normal but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything works in my favor and ALL of those who are struggling with the same thing! I'll check out some alternatives to get my periods regular and hopefully something will work so that I don't have to use birth control. Just from the bad experience I've had with BC, I don't wanna use it for a long time! Baby dust to ALL <3

Youngandttc you can try vitex, it is a supplement. It worked for me but it doesn't work for everyone. I think the fact that I was dieting and exercising really helped as well. You may not be overweight at all but bodies are funny and may not want to ovulate with even a few extra pounds or even less activity then your body should be doing. It couldn't hurt to be in great shape anyway, I swear you will need all of those muscles when pushing that baby out! If you go much longer than a year I would go to the doctor and stress that you were on the shot for many years and you don't think you are ovulating. Then maybe they will at least check things out for you and see if there are any problems. Also tell them that's why you don't want to go on the pill, because you've been on BC so long and it hasn't helped you as your cycles are all over the place. Best of luck!

Rachel, how is Shae doing with sleep?

Michelle I hope you are doing well!:hugs:

The napping is getting better. Just need her to get better at self soothing when she wakes at night. She only feeds once but wakes up a few more times and I have to help her back to sleep. Once we get that figured out things will be good. I think she may sleep better in her own room, I wonder if noises we make wake her. But I don't want to have to get out of bed 5 times a night to help her back to sleep so its just easier to lean over in bed and do it. Hopefully we will get her there soon though. But I will really miss her in our room :(

How is Cait?

Michelle I hope you are doing well :hugs:

The napping is getting better. Just need her to get better at self soothing when she wakes at night. She only feeds once but wakes up a few more times and I have to help her back to sleep. Once we get that figured out things will be good. I think she may sleep better in her own room, I wonder if noises we make wake her. But I don't want to have to get out of bed 5 times a night to help her back to sleep so its just easier to lean over in bed and do it. Hopefully we will get her there soon though. But I will really miss her in our room :(

How is Cait?

Michelle I hope you are doing well :hugs:

We moved Cait at 5 months and I missed her so much. I'd go check on her every five minutes but she slept so much better. Before we moved her out I had gotten bedtime down to midnight. The first night she slept in her room she was asleep by 830! Months of trying to put her down early and she wouldn't have it! First night in her room and she did it! I think she only woke up once or twice that night as well which was lovely as it was probably my first 6hr stretch. Now she goes between 830 and 930 and sleeps until 730-9 am depending on how wet her diaper is or how hungry she is. She sometimes wakes once a night for a bottle or wakes and is unable to get back to sleep. She usually fusses for a few minutes between sleep cycles and then falls back but if she really cries I go and rock her for a bit and she's out. I give her a bottle if rocking doesn't settle her.

Our naps are going well except that I have to let her cry a few minutes before she will go down. :nope: I try not to let her cry longer than 15/20 minutes and I go rock her immediately if she screams because it breaks my heart. :cry: She will usually sleep at least an hour for both naps now at the most 2 1/2 hours. She is eating a little less I think but she seems healthy and happy and is learning new skills everyday. She has recently started dancing which is adorable and hilarious. She's also picking up small finger foods really well. We are so proud! I can't believe she is 8 months already!

I hope everyone is doing well!

I am doing okay I guess, I think I am still recovering and trying to get my energy back though because I feel like I NEED a nap everyday, and if I have a free hour or two I will most likely spend those extra hours napping instead of cleaning the house. I have also been having headaches on and off over the past week. Some people say it might be because of low blood pressure after a miscarriage, and that caffeine helps with the headaches, but I am torn because I have been avoiding caffeine for so long. I have my doctors appointment today finally. I don't know how helpful the visit will be as far as answers to why it happened (if there is even a why), but what I really want is to get back on a ttc schedule as quickly as possible. I don't want to rush into anything before my body is ready for it, but emotionally, I feel like I need to be doing something to bring motherhood on instead of just waiting around and taking a break. I think I have had enough months off of ttc over the past year or two. I am just ready for a happy healthy nine months.

Steph- I have a tough time letting Shae cry, I always stay next to her as she falls asleep and keep reinserting the pacifier for her as it falls out of her mouth. I am def creating a bad habit, she relies on me to fall asleep and I need to be able to put her down for a nap and walk away. Between sleep cycles Shae will fully wake up if I don't get the pacifier back in her mouth. She has been sucking her thumb more and more but still seems to have trouble consistently keeping it in her mouth. Once she can do that I think we will have an easier time getting her to fall back asleep on her own.

So cute that Cait is dancing, how adorable!! Time goes too fast, it doesn't seem all that long ago you were ttc with me.

Michelle-that is great that you are emotionally ready to ttc again. Sorry to hear about the headaches, hope they go away soon. Let us know what the dr says.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->