Anyone who is ttc having trouble with their cycles due to previous bc use?

Hello everyone! My fiancé and i have been TTC for about a year now. I got off of the depo shot almost a year ago and my periods are still irregular, so I really can't tell when I'm ovulating and how long my cycle is.
Now here is the real question/concern. I have had sore breasts for 3 weeks now, starting only a week after my previous period, and I just thought it was my period coming on, BUT I've never had sore breasts for this long. I took a urine pregnancy test at the hospital a couple weeks ago and it came out negative, so I didn't worry about it, but than I realized it could have been too early to test for pregnancy. Since I don't know when to expect my next period, I don't know when and if I will miss my period. Any advice?!?

I'm not sure. You have a unique situation. I had very sore breasts for the first month I was pregnant. You could try and take a few more tests but if you don't get a positive or your period I would go to the doctor. They will be able to check things out for you and see where you are in your cycle. I know that my breasts never hurt when I was on birth control before a period because I hadn't actually ovulated. When I do ovulate I know it because my breasts get sore about a week after. Have you tried temping or anything to try and determine whether or not you are ovulating? I know other women have had sore breasts in other parts of their cycle but for me it was only post o, so you may be different. I'd say test.

Hello everyone! My fiancé and i have been TTC for about a year now. I got off of the depo shot almost a year ago and my periods are still irregular, so I really can't tell when I'm ovulating and how long my cycle is.
Now here is the real question/concern. I have had sore breasts for 3 weeks now, starting only a week after my previous period, and I just thought it was my period coming on, BUT I've never had sore breasts for this long. I took a urine pregnancy test at the hospital a couple weeks ago and it came out negative, so I didn't worry about it, but than I realized it could have been too early to test for pregnancy. Since I don't know when to expect my next period, I don't know when and if I will miss my period. Any advice?!?

I'm not sure. You have a unique situation. I had very sore breasts for the first month I was pregnant. You could try and take a few more tests but if you don't get a positive or your period I would go to the doctor. They will be able to check things out for you and see where you are in your cycle. I know that my breasts never hurt when I was on birth control before a period because I hadn't actually ovulated. When I do ovulate I know it because my breasts get sore about a week after. Have you tried temping or anything to try and determine whether or not you are ovulating? I know other women have had sore breasts in other parts of their cycle but for me it was only post o, so you may be different. I'd say test.

It's been about 20 days since the end of my last period, and I was so sure that I've been having premenstrual symptoms. I took a home test today and I got a faint positive. Tomorrow I'm going to get another home test and if it comes out the same, than I will confirm it at the hospital! Super nervous! Thanks so much for your time and advice

Hello

I had my last shot of depo this time last year which was also my first shot, got period back in August then again twice in October last month, so it's been a whole year now and I don't think I'm gonna be regular anytime soon, no idea if I'm even ovulating :/

Congrats YoungandTTC I hope you get another positive test.

Hello

I had my last shot of depo this time last year which was also my first shot, got period back in August then again twice in October last month, so it's been a whole year now and I don't think I'm gonna be regular anytime soon, no idea if I'm even ovulating :/

hello babyjan :hi:
I've heard that the depo does that. Have you told the doctor you wish to have regular periods? I know they will often put you on a pill for a few months to see if that regulates anything, which is not the route a lot of women ttc want to go down, but I assume it must work some of the time if they do it. I would consult your doctor, if you haven't already, and see what they can do for you, if anything. I'll never understand why they use these forms of bc and never tell us this can happen.

Hello

I've heard that the depo does that. Have you told the doctor you wish to have regular periods? I know they will often put you on a pill for a few months to see if that regulates anything, which is not the route a lot of women ttc want to go down, but I assume it must work some of the time if they do it. I would consult your doctor, if you haven't already, and see what they can do for you, if anything. I'll never understand why they use these forms of bc and never tell us this can happen.

I'm gonna give it some time because they only returned in August, I've only spoken to the dr about when I should expect my periods to return and she said 6 months but most places I've read say 18 months which seems more accurate cause I know the stupid thing can take ages to leave your body compared to other birth control methods.

I still remmember asking the nurse the day I got the shot if the depo would cause me problems ttc and she said no and most her patients go onto concieve within a year. It wasnt until I got home, went online and read all the horrors stories, I regretted it straight away.

Hello

I'm gonna give it some time because they only returned in August, I've only spoken to the dr about when I should expect my periods to return and she said 6 months but most places I've read say 18 months which seems more accurate cause I know the stupid thing can take ages to leave your body compared to other birth control methods.

I still remmember asking the nurse the day I got the shot if the depo would cause me problems ttc and she said no and most her patients go onto concieve within a year. It wasnt until I got home, went online and read all the horrors stories, I regretted it straight away.

Well everyone is different. I know someone who got pregnant while on the shot. I don't know specifics whether she was late with one or whatever but it happened. It just seems that some of our bodies are more confused after stopping BC than others. That you've already had a few periods is a good sign though. Maybe things will be returning to normal for you soon!

hi babyjan, hi Rachel! Things are going pretty well here (aside from the fact that I am pretty stressed out this time of year). Cait is good. Walking short distances now. I can't believe she is going to be one in about a week and a half. Tine flies so quickly now.

Michelle I hope you are well, also!:hugs:

Wow I can't believe she is almost 1, that really did go so fast. When are you ttc again?

Wow I can't believe she is almost 1, that really did go so fast. When are you ttc again?

Maybe this summer. We will see how things go and how we feel about it when the time comes. Trying to get my cycles in order now.

Are they normalizing yet? Are you on bc still?

On my second to last month of bc and we will see what happens from there. Can't be sure what will happen, hope they are normal.

Scratch that...this is my last month on BC. I've found out my new pill is expensive and I'm not paying it. We will just go on being careful the next few months until we decide we are ready to ttc. I really hope I don't have too many ill effects this time an my cycles go back to normal. Fx'd!

I hope everyone is well!

PS my little girl is 1!

Thanks Rachel, I can't believe I have a one year old. Things are going well but I've been rather stressed due to the holidays/birthdays. I have stopped my birth control and surprise! No AF yet :wacko: I'm in the same boat I was last time I quit BC. And I know it's not my weight this time because I am 40 lbs lighter now. We may or may not ttc this summer. We haven't discussed it in too much detail lately but I want to pay on a few things before we have another little mouth to feed. I am off of BC anyway and we will be using other methods until we decide to go for it. I've begun taking vitex again to help me get AF to come back and sort out. I go to the Gyno in April so if it's not regulated by then I am going to request they take a look at my ovaries for cysts. Birth control sucks. Once I'm done having children it'll be different, I won't care about it and maybe I'll get my tubes tied so I won't need it anyway, but this is just stupid. I made the same mistake twice and I regret it.

I hope you all had great holidays (if you celebrate). Rachel, I hope you and Shae are doing well.

I think I've learnt my lesson on birth control although I know you can easily change your mind especially during pregnancy and straight after, I've been off depo for 13 months now and still no BFP, my cycles are starting to regulate sort of which helps but it's kinda frustrating when I think about it!

One thing is for sure, I will never go back on depo as I hear that's the worst when it comes to trying for a baby afterwards

Hopefully the vitex helps normalize your cycles. I am still breastfeeding and no sign of af yet. We will probably start ttc when Shaelyn is 1.5, so November of this year. Maybe we will ntnp a couple months before then. So we may be ttc at the same time again!

Hi girls, hope you don't mind me jumping in.

My husband and I are ttc as of the new year, I stopped yasmin September and after a 94 day cycle I finally got AF last Friday - never been so happy to see it befor!!!

So now just waiting till AF has gone to get to it!

I started taking angus castus and I ovulated like a week after! So still taking that and vitamin b-complex too.

Really hope my cycle evens out.

Anyone have any advice on there second cycle length? I'm temping and checking CM - though I swear mine was ewcm for 3
Weeks befor my temp went up.

I guess I'm just glad my body has finally o'd and AF has returned - hate being so obsessive and it's only the beginning of the ttc journey!

Glad to read this thread although it all seems normal I hate that it's taken 3 months to get back on track - I would have stopped it ages ago!

Anyways Hi! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"