Anyone who is ttc having trouble with their cycles due to previous bc use?

Sounds like things are going well for you. How exciting that you will be ttc again really soon! I will have to live vicariously through you.

We will hopefully start trying for #2 the end of this year. Dh hasn't 100% said yes to a number 2 which is frustrating because I know for sure I want one more but I am confident he will want to I just think he isnt quite ready yet. Shaelyn is just a terrible sleeper so I think that contributes to his hesitation. If she could start sleeping better consistently it would be so much easier. She sdoesnt nurse anymore at night but she still wakes. She started to do better for a bit but lately we are back to it being like newborn stage with her waking up to 5x a night. She always screams when we put her down at night too. I don't get it,we do the same routine, I would think she would get it by now? She does great for naps, never cries or gives me a hard time, just bedtime. I am hoping it's just a sleep regression and we can move past this one day!

That's hard, Rachel. I understand your Dh's hesitation but I think better sleep will come in time and he will quickly change his mind. Sometimes they just don't want to sleep. Do you go in her room each time she cries? I started to just listen to Cait's cries and I'd only go in if she was seriously upset not just whining/crying. And even then I would rock her for a few minutes and then put her back in her crib awake. She has some crib toys that play music and she'd either fuss or play until she fell back asleep. Obviously I don't know if this will work for Shaelyn but it worked for us. I just couldn't keep getting up with her every time anymore and listening to her cry for a while was worth the sleep we now get. She sleeps pretty well now, fussing usually only in her sleep and maybe waking once and putting herself back to sleep. I hope that my second is as easy to sleep train though I won't hold my breathe.

Anyhow I'm sure he'll agree to #2 once he's forgotten about the sleepless nights!

We did sleep train and things were better for a couple weeks but now we are back at square one. If she is just fussing I let her be and only go in when she is really crying. Our main problem is she uses a pacifier at bed and nap time and she likes to play with it as a toy and when she looses it and it falls out of the crib she screams and screams until we get it back to her. I want to wean her from it but I would like to wait until she is 12 months so we can swap it out with something else she can sleep with since at 12 months they can have other things in the crib with them. She really depends on it for sleep, I wish we never gave that thing to her. There was a brief time when she was a few months old that she started to suck her thumb. I was actually hoping she would keep doing that to soothe herself because at least she can't loose her thumb!

Aww. I see. I understand why she's not sleeping too well with the pacifier. I don't have much experience in that area as Cait didn't take to the pacifier well and I stopped giving it to her around 3 or 4 months. I hope you can get her to sleep well for you. I know it's difficult when you're all tired all of the time.

Hi mind if I butt in?
I dont post but I stalk from time to time on here.

Regarding the pacifyer issue, my sister had these clips she would use and it would clip safely on to baby's clothes and then it would have a short strap where the pacifyer would clip on the other end. If it fell out of the babies mouth then it wont go missing and they would be able to put it back in themselves.
This is what I mean...
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B008ESOIDK/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1393091004&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX110_SY165
:):)

Thank you I have one of those and it's short but I'm still afraid to use it. I think we just need to break the habit at some point!

So, Af is here again. It was indeed a 32 day cycle. approx 12/13 day LP. Ovulated on the 14th or 15th, which was cd 19/20. I'm getting there! :thumbup: Hopefully come July I will have Regular, predictable cycles and I'll get my BFP straight away. I can't wait to try again! Fx'd!

I hope everyone is well!

That's great! I really hope mine are shorter but since I never had normal cycles my whole life I'm not holding my breath!

So, Af is here again. It was indeed a 32 day cycle. approx 12/13 day LP. Ovulated on the 14th or 15th, which was cd 19/20. I'm getting there! :thumbup: Hopefully come July I will have Regular, predictable cycles and I'll get my BFP straight away. I can't wait to try again! Fx'd!

I hope everyone is well!

Yay! You are trying again, woo hoo! I am trying again too, for the first time since August :) I am taking the letrezol/femara pills this cycle. I have had my period three times on my own, which is a step in the right direction. However I have only ovulated once on my own, and it was totally unexpected, so we miss that time by a mile. I can't wait. I am on day five of my cycle, and I have been taking my temperature, but haven't updated it on fertility friend charts yet.

Hi Michelle! It's good to see you back :) I hope this will be it for you. Once you get your chart updated I will be stalking!

I have been crazy busy the last few months. At first it was just too hard to think about babies at all, and then, I was doing a semester of student teaching while working my other job part time. That was the most stressful three months ever, I have no clue how people work two jobs!

Wow that sounds like you were very busy! At least it probably helped pass the time. I hope you get your sticky bean this cycle. I have my fx'ed for you!!

Michelle! So happy to hear from you! I'm not ttc exactly yet. We will be trying again in July if everything goes as intended. I'm just trying to get my cycles somewhat predictable before trying because it was kinda crazy last time. It sounds to me like you are very busy but I hope you are well! So glad you are back!:hugs:

Aw, well hopefully I am not still trying in July, but you never know, life throws surprises at me all the time. Hopefully I will have my first little baby bump pictures to show by then.

Aw, well hopefully I am not still trying in July, but you never know, life throws surprises at me all the time. Hopefully I will have my first little baby bump pictures to show by then.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you as always! I hope you get your BFP soon. Hang in there!

Cycle day 15 over here. TMI, but I had egg white cm literally fall out of me on the the toliet paper this morning, and now I know why they call it that, it's the perfect description. Sorry for the visual!My chart is updated, and fingers crossed I obvulate today or tomorrow!

Cycle day 15 over here. TMI, but I had egg white cm literally fall out of me on the the toliet paper this morning, and now I know why they call it that, it's the perfect description. Sorry for the visual!My chart is updated, and fingers crossed I obviate today or tomorrow!

Awesome! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
CD12 for me and no sign yet. I'm not trying yet but still hoping for regular cycles before ttc.

Well it sounds like your cycles are starting to get normal already. On clomid I ovulated cd 19/20, but on femara last time I ovulated cd16, so I think cycle day 19 is pretty acceptable.

As for me, today I had major hot flashes, and then when I got home from work at 4:30 I got a smiley face on my clear blue OPK! So I told DH to get ready to bd again for good measure. Crazy to be back in to the watching and waiting game. It has been awhile... My due date last time was April 1st, that is coming up so quick. I am pretty sure that day isn't going to be fun bfp, or no bfp, because if I don't get a bfp I will be double sad, but if I have a bfp by April 1st, then I will want to fast forward super fast because of paranoia.

Well it sounds like your cycles are starting to get normal already. On clomid I ovulated cd 19/20, but on femara last time I ovulated cd16, so I think cycle day 19 is pretty acceptable.

As for me, today I had major hot flashes, and then when I got home from work at 4:30 I got a smiley face on my clear blue OPK! So I told DH to get ready to bd again for good measure. Crazy to be back in to the watching and waiting game. It has been awhile... My due date last time was April 1st, that is coming up so quick. I am pretty sure that day isn't going to be fun bfp, or no bfp, because if I don't get a bfp I will be double sad, but if I have a bfp by April 1st, then I will want to fast forward super fast because of paranoia.

I had hot flashes and cramps my last cycle during ovulation. I ovulated on cd 19 or 20 last month so not bad at all. I had another neg opk today so It's not happening anytime soon for me but I'll settle for another 19/20. You are likely going to have a decent length cycle and quite possibly get your bfp!

I understand that your would be due date is going to be a sad day for you. Just keep your head up and keep on trying. It's going to happen, lady! Maybe now and everything will be fine. Keep us updated and good luck!

Had a good temp rise today, I hate waiting... I hope these two weeks fly by. Nothing much to report yet, except I can feel the slight beginnings of sensitive nipples, which I normally get after ovulation. Also I am extremely thirsty, I tried to search if that was due to ovulation, and the increase in progesterone, since I am never this thirsty, I didn't find anything scientific, but I am guessing it probably has everything to do with my crazy hormones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->