Anyone who is ttc having trouble with their cycles due to previous bc use?

Yay for o Michelle! I am so excited for you and will be stalking your chart over the next couple weeks. I really hope you get your sticky bean this time!

I ovulated on Saturday which was cd 23. I know I o'ed because of ewcm and cramping. Same happened last month. It's funny I never had ovulation cramps before I was pregnant. This is my 2nd cycle since having Shae. I really hope the o day doesn't go any later than this next cycle. I would love to have regular cycles for when we ttc again. When I stopped bc they got longer and longer.

I know I was thirsty when I was pregnant. So I am sure it could be hormonal!

Michelle, Awesome about the temp rise! And those all sound like hormonal after O symptoms to me. Being thirsty probably has something to do with the hormones as Rachel said. I hope this is it for you. I'll be crossing everything.

As for me, today is cd 14. I've been having increased cervical mucus but no cramping yet. Todays opk was darker than yesterdays but not quite positive. I'm thinking (well hoping) tomorrow it will be positive and that would be a cd 16 or 17 ovulation which is what it was before I got pregnant. If I can manage it, for the next few months, I'd like to *try* temping again although it will be tough because sleep can sometimes be interrupted with little one's teething and just my craziness. FX'd for normal cycles all around and success in TTC and future TTC!

Rachel I agree. I don't remember having much ovulation cramping before the baby. Perhaps a twinge here or there? NOw the last time I ovulated I had cramping for two days and oh boy could I tell! Weird. Maybe it will just happen on the first few cycles? Who knows!?

I hope everyone is well!

I don't know, I can FEEL my right ovary. Sounds crazy, but every time I ovulate, my ovary feels swollen. I guess I can feel it so well because my body isn't used to it. I usually get ovulation cramps too, but not this time unless it happened while I was asleep.

It will be interesting to see if I continue to have ovulation cramps. Not that I like cramps but I hope it continues. It would make knowing when I o very easy!

It will be interesting to see if I continue to have ovulation cramps. Not that I like cramps but I hope it continues. It would make knowing when I o very easy!

I know! Even though I find it a little irritating it's a great indication of O. And I need all the help I can get because I can't temp right now. About 4 months left until TTC. I hope we don't chicken out!

Michelle it's probably a good thing that you can feel when you're ovulating so well! It seems to me that it'd make you more aware and you'd be able to bd at the right time. :thumbup:

Yes I agree, feeling the cramps is a good thing, but when I am actually ttc and not just waiting, I still like the reassurance of OPKs telling me I am about to ovulate as well. I think that lovely little smiley face on the test encourages DH to know that today is the day to bd no matter how tired he is. That, and I am FINALLY getting very noticeable EWCM prior to ovulation. Previously, I only got a little bit of EWCM if any at all, but the past two times it has been impossible not to see/feel it. I think my body is finally trying to wake up and realize that the birth control pills are no longer going to do all the work.

Michelle I am also noticing the cervical mucus much more than I used to (without having to go searching for it). I'm thinking my body is getting back on track after the baby and the birth control. It's great! I'm having mild cramping on and off, nothing like last cycle. But definitely increased CM today. I have another near positive opk yesterday so hoping today it's positive and that will make ovulation on cd 16/17 which is near normal at least. I'm wondering if the real cramping is coming along with O. Fx'd for my 2pm opk!

Good luck Michelle, I'm stalking your chart!

oh...I am cd16 today so O would be cd 17/18. Last cycle was cd20 I believe so there is a bit of improvement. I took my test earlier than expected because I had to go. and I will post a link to the pics. I'm a little confused.

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/ovulation-tests/2140109-opinions-positive-test-again.html

And now I've got some cramping going on. I'm thinking ovulation tomorrow because of that opk.That would be cd17. And if I have a 12/13 lp (as I usually do)it should be a 28-30 day cycle. I was on another site and a woman told me that ovulation takes place between cd10 and 14. Hmmm. People can be so dumb about others who don't fit into the 'perfect cycle'. It must be nice to be so ignorant.:dohh:

And now I've got some cramping going on. I'm thinking ovulation tomorrow because of that opk.That would be cd17. And if I have a 12/13 lp (as I usually do)it should be a 28-30 day cycle. I was on another site and a woman told me that ovulation takes place between cd10 and 14. Hmmm. People can be so dumb about others who don't fit into the 'perfect cycle'. It must be nice to be so ignorant.:dohh:

I hate when people think that ovulation happens on cycle day 14, period, no other day. It's just like when the doctors think I don't know when I ovulated without a blood test to prove it. I believe 100% in temps, especially when they are verified by cm, opks, and cramps/swollen ovary feelings.

P.S. A 28-30 day cycle is a dream come true to us post birth control pill ladies! That would be nice if that happens for you.

Unfortunately I didn't get to test today because we had eye doctor appts and a family St Patrick's day party to go to so I'm just going to hope that I ovulated and that I will have a 32day cycle or less.

Michelle, these people who think they know everything really get on my nerves sometimes. I know that I have never ovulated between cd10 and cd14, at least not since I've been tracking cycles. The only reason I have have sometimes had normal length cycles is because I don't have a super long lp. Which I am also told is 14 or 15 days long only. But on the cycle I got pregnant I ovulated on cd16/17 and my previous cycle I had a 12/13 day lp. Somehow I have a perfect healthy baby so they can take all of their 'knowledge' and shove it somewhere. Tell me I am not normal. Sheesh. :shrug:

So far so good on my temperatures, they are up high enough for me to feel better now. I am very bloated lately though. I feel like a balloon, and I look about three months pregnant today.

I agree, Michelle. Temps are looking good. You have definitely ovulated!

I think I have as well because neg opk today. I'm just excited to be near normal and have a somewhat predictable cycle. Can't wait to ttc soon.

Af showed up today so that would make another short lp. Only about 8 days. I really hope that doesn't last :( my cycle was 31 days long but really if my lp was normal and like it used to be which was 12-13 days then this cycle would have been about 35-36 days long. Still not too bad. Hoping this next one looks better!

I just googled short lp after having a baby and while breastfeeding and it seems it's pretty common and it should gradually lengthen. So that makes me feel better!

I just googled short lp after having a baby and while breastfeeding and it seems it's pretty common and it should gradually lengthen. So that makes me feel better!

That's great! SO it's common while breastfeeding and likely nothing to worry about and a 35 day cycle is pretty good! Awesome!

Yay :) Look at us not having 50+ day cycles. Granted I am medically inducing mine, but still.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->