Anyone who is ttc having trouble with their cycles due to previous bc use?

Another neg opk. I'm beginning to wonder if it's a 'watch pot never boils' kinda thing for me.lol. I'm not going to stop though because I don't wanna miss it. I'm also beginning to wonder if there is a reason I'm not ovulating besides stress,etc. I'm not too worried though because I know I ovulated last cycle. Even though it was 71 days long...I have a gyno appt next month anyway. I'm just so impatient because I want a baby yesterday! Gonna keep on keepin' on I suppose.lol

Know the feeling about wanting a baby yesterday, but for me it's more like wanting a bfp yesterday. I need the 9 months to get things in order and get used to the idea.

Another neg opk. I'm beginning to wonder if it's a 'watch pot never boils' kinda thing for me.lol. I'm not going to stop though because I don't wanna miss it. I'm also beginning to wonder if there is a reason I'm not ovulating besides stress,etc. I'm not too worried though because I know I ovulated last cycle. Even though it was 71 days long...I have a gyno appt next month anyway. I'm just so impatient because I want a baby yesterday! Gonna keep on keepin' on I suppose.lol

Know the feeling about wanting a baby yesterday, but for me it's more like wanting a bfp yesterday. I need the 9 months to get things in order and get used to the idea.

I get ya. I would miss out on the whole pregnancy part but I've never been so ready in my life. I've actually wanted a baby since I was 18 but I knew it would be a bad time for me and oh. So I agreed to wait until after we were settled and married and happy. I went off of bc in May with all intentions of getting pg straight away. My body and dh both had different thoughts. So I finally get dh on board in Sept and now my cycles are all a mess again and I haven't ovulated! Uggg. It's so hard to wait for something you want so badly. And it's so frustrating to not be able to control the things I can't! ie- ovulation, period, my body. Can't wait to ov!

It's so hard, I am so envious of those with predictable cycles. It would be amazing to know when the O day is coming.

Rachel- my dr, has told me to feel for little tiny bumps on and around your cervix opening it does help alot

I'm 30 so well and truly ready BUT have a lot of saving to do. I have no idea how anyone affords it before now but then I did study for a loooong time and DH changed careers. We also
live in a very expensive city. I'm still not sure we can afford but we'll manage.

Rachel - what were you cycles like before BCP or like me do you not remember? You haven't been off long, your cycles will sort themselves out soon.

Well I had been on BCP for 12 years. I went on them when I was around 16 or 17 and the reason I went on them was due to bad acne. I think I broke out so bad because my hormones were out of whack. I had irregular periods then and would only get my period every 2 months or so. Now I do not know if that was because I was still a teenager and maybe eventually my hormones would have leveled out. At that age I was really skinny and possibly borderline underweight and I have read that can affect your cycles so I guess it is possible it was due to that as well.

Aside from when I was on BCP I do not ever remember having a normal length cycle. It would be amazing if I can get to that point.

Rachel- The doctor told me many times that there are sooo many reasons women have irregular periods and most of them are trivial and not harmful to your health.Anything could be doing it. I believe that you can eventually have a bit of a normal cycle. Even if your normal is 35 or 40 days. Before going on bcp I had mostly regular cycles. About 30-35 days usually, heavy flow, BAD cramping. I had acne as a teen but it wasn't too bad. Now however I have a bad case which is slowly beginning to look better everyday. I can't help but notice that I started breaking out in October, after my last reasonable length cycle. It began to clear after my period returned. Coincidence? I don't think so. And the fact that I got such bad acne around 5 months after discontinuing bcp- along with my hair falling out- both side effects of coming off of the pill. I think with vitamins and careful tweaking you can have normalcy. I hope I can also resume a normal type of cycle because it's honestly a bit ridiculous to me.:dohh: Here's hoping that vitex does it's stuff and helps! I'm also going to discuss it with my doctor. I hope the rest of you girls can get back on track as well.

I really thought after stopping BCP I would have started breaking out bad again and getting heavy periods with bad cramps but neither happened. I do get a few more pimples than I used to on BCP but nothing too crazy. My periods are really nice and managable. I only cramp mildly the first day and the flow is usually medium the first couple days then light for a day or two then I am done. They really are not much worse than AF when I was on the pill.

Took another OPK today and it was negative, did not look any different than yesterday's. I had a ton of EWCM yesterday but havent really seen any today. It was probably just my stupid body playing a cruel joke on me, I should have known better because this has happened before. I have a bad feeling I may be in for yet another long cycle, sigh.....:cry:

Took another OPK today and it was negative, did not look any different than yesterday's. I had a ton of EWCM yesterday but havent really seen any today. It was probably just my stupid body playing a cruel joke on me, I should have known better because this has happened before. I have a bad feeling I may be in for yet another long cycle, sigh.....:cry:

I'm right there with you. Neg opk today too. You still have a lot of time though I think...I'm on cd28. I am NOT happy. We will get there soon enough. Hope you feel better.:hugs:

How are you girls?

I did finally see some EWCM again later in the day today so maybe my pos OPK will still come in the next day or two but I am not holding my breath...

Good luck you two.

As for me, my temp is still trucking alongin the upper range, dipped a bit today, but I have seen that one other ladies charts so I am not worred. 4dpo, I am going to hold out until at least 14dpo to test because I don't want to catch an early chemical, I would rather not know. Unless of course af comes before 14dpo. Trying to take it easy and not stress, but DH's granny died yesterday so it has been all about arranging everything for her and his whole family is involved so I have been running around with them. Trying not to stress about it, but DH's family is very very close so I know I am in for a really sad/stressful funeral on friday as I am pretty close with all his aunts and cousins.

Haven't felt many symptoms except a little twinge or two on the right, which might just be my imagination. I am having creamy cm, which may or may not be something. Anxious to see either way what my cycle is going to do over the next two weeks. It's been hard to predict my cycles after 10-11 months of not having a cycle at all.

Sorry for your family's/dh loss lovetoteach. Sounds like you are on your way. GL!

I hope this is a good sign that I will ovulate for real this time. It's close if not pos! I just took this at around 930. I dunno why my camera time is messed up. That's besides the point. FX this is it ladies.

Attachments

• IMG_0143.jpg
    IMG_0143.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 9
It looks positive (or almost) to me!
My "results line" was just a tad bit lighter one day that I tested and then I tested the next day and the results line was noticeably darker. So, looks like good news!! Get to the bding!

yeah. If you go way back to my last pos opk pic....it is in this thread a bit back. The test line was darker than the control. This one is about the same. Maybe a bit lighter than the control. Hoping I ovulate for real. AHHH! So excited and worried all at the same time!

Weird, I wonder why that happens?
Did you bd then? I have heard that if you are preggo you can get a postive opk

Yay! Looks nearly positive, actually that is as dark as my positive got. Good luck! Hoping your temps start to rise over the next few days, and/or your OPK gets darker tomorrow, and then your temps start to rise.

Your OPK looks amazing! Wow I hope I get to see one like that soon (I use the same ones as you) How have they looked the past couple days? Did they go from faint to that dark or was it progressive?

Weird, I wonder why that happens?
Did you bd then? I have heard that if you are preggo you can get a postive opk

yes. I got a very pos opk last sunday and supposed ov'd on mon but my temp never went up so I know that I didn't ov. That was cd 18 or 19. Today is cd28. Hopefully it actually happens this time!

we bd'd all around that day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->