Anyone who is ttc having trouble with their cycles due to previous bc use?

oh does the CM you record help FF decide too? I wasnt aware of that! Sounds pretty complex

I don't know, I would assume if it was there it would, if not, then ff would just go off of other information. I did notice on her chart that was one of the only days around that time she recorded watery cm though, so I thought that might be the reason it has her O pinned at a weird day. I think ff goes off of a combintation of everything you record, opks, temps, cm, and cervical position. I would guess temp and cm are pretty important, because they are under the primary tab on ff, and then cervical position is under the secondary tab. Just taking a stab in the dark at what might be up with Rachel's chart :) FF is complex, just trying to figure it out as I go. This is my first cycle using it, and what a loooooong cycle to start recording!

I went of BCP in May, had a normal cycle, and then it went haywire from there. The longest was 43 days in Oct-Nov. Then 30, and now I'm still waiting for the next one. I'm at CD55, longest cycle of my life. All I've got right now is a little period tracker since we've only just decided last month that we could start trying and see what happens. I'll be turning 26 too, come March, and BF is going to be 31. We feel we're at a pretty good place to start.

Maybe you all could help direct me a little? At first I was ferociously looking for indications that I could be pregnant already, but 2-3 weeks after my predicted start date and 5 BFNs later, I'm pretty sure that isn't the case (although an irrational part of my heart is still pretty determined to believe so until af comes, lol). I would like to get checked out so that I can start balancing out my cycles.

What should I be asking my DR for?

Just going in for a normal check up to check things out is never a bad idea, you can ask the doctor any questions you can think of. More than likely unless they see or feel something unusual, they will probably just tell you to wait it out though. The standard answer seems to be, "sometimes it takes up to a year after BCP for your system to get back into order." So unless you have really amazing doctor, they usually won't/can't do much for you at the moment. If you have actually been having periods almost every month, then you aren't too messed up. Like they said, some of us on this thread take Vitex, and I forgot to look where you are from, but if you are in the US you can get it on amazon. It just helps regulate irregular cycles by balancing everything out. A quick search on google for Vitex, or Angus Cactus should give you plenty of information about it. Your doctor may or may not know anything about vitex, because it's a herb and not actual medicine. Any other questions for everyone just ask away, I am sure someone will have an answer :)

oh does the CM you record help FF decide too? I wasnt aware of that! Sounds pretty complex

I don't know, I would assume if it was there it would, if not, then ff would just go off of other information. I did notice on her chart that was one of the only days around that time she recorded watery cm though, so I thought that might be the reason it has her O pinned at a weird day. I think ff goes off of a combintation of everything you record, opks, temps, cm, and cervical position. I would guess temp and cm are pretty important, because they are under the primary tab on ff, and then cervical position is under the secondary tab. Just taking a stab in the dark at what might be up with Rachel's chart :) FF is complex, just trying to figure it out as I go. This is my first cycle using it, and what a loooooong cycle to start recording!

Yes you were right it does change it if I take away the watery cm. But it changed it to CD 41 which I still don't think is right (and pray is not right because we did not BD anywhere near that time). I don't think it is right because the past couple cycles after I O 2-3 days later my nipples become more sensitive and I noticed they became more sensitive on CD 41 which makes me think CD 39 makes the most sense. The only way FF gives me crosshairs for CD 39 is if I put a + OPK for the day before. But I did not do an OPK then because I was bleeding.

Here are todays opks ladies. Not too dark but certainly not too light either. Hoping they get darker within the next week or so and my body can successfully ov before cd20! woohoo! haha. Maybe after 9 months I will finally feel somewhat normal?

Rachel I think if you just keep doing what you're doing you'll know for sure whether or not you ov'd and I hope you did and you caught the egg! If not then I hope your next cycle is nice and short and not at all confusing!

How are the rest of you girls!?

Attachments

• IMG_0169.jpg
    IMG_0169.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0170.jpg
    IMG_0170.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 10
Yes they look like they may be on their way to a positive soon!!! :happydance:

Here are todays opks ladies. Not too dark but certainly not too light either. Hoping they get darker within the next week or so and my body can successfully ov before cd20! woohoo! haha. Maybe after 9 months I will finally feel somewhat normal?

Rachel I think if you just keep doing what you're doing you'll know for sure whether or not you ov'd and I hope you did and you caught the egg! If not then I hope your next cycle is nice and short and not at all confusing!

How are the rest of you girls!?

Hopefully those are a good sign. As for me, that right there is as light as my OPKs have ever been. Is there anything wrong with having high LH levels? I have only had ONE opk lighter then those in the 50 something days I have tested.

Oh and good news, we had our foundation inspection on the new house yesterday, and nothing is wrong with the foundation what so ever. Also, today we had the all over inspection, and only minor things were wrong :) Looks like we will be able to finally close on a house! They moved the closing date up to on or before March 15th as well, since our current lease is up March 31st. I just realized that tomorrow will be a month until move in day :wohoo: Of course this means packing, unpacking, cleaning and painting, but who cares!

Thanks girls! Lovetoteach that is probably as light as mine get, maybe a touch lighter. I wouldn't worry about that, I think that is normal for some women. Congrats on the house! Great news! I hate moving but it's worth it when you're all settled in your own house! Good luck!

Congrats on the house! That is great news, how exciting! :happydance:

I wish I had something that exciting to keep my mind off TTC-I need to find a new obsession! :haha:

Same here Rachel, I definately need to get my mind off of ttc! Though I'm feeling ok right now I know that as soon as I try to O and don't I'm gonna be a wreck. I have my fx'd that doesn't happen this cycle, but I know how my screwy body works.

I really am pulling for all of you to have normal cycles so we have one less thing to stress about. It is enough stressing about TTC but having crazy unpredictable cycles makes it 100 x worse.

I really wish I knew where I was in my cycle because we are going out for DH's 30th on Saturday and I have no clue what is going on and if I am not pg I want to drink a considerable amount! I guess I will just take a FRER that a.m. and if it is negative I will go and enjoy my self!

Same here Rachel, I definately need to get my mind off of ttc! Though I'm feeling ok right now I know that as soon as I try to O and don't I'm gonna be a wreck. I have my fx'd that doesn't happen this cycle, but I know how my screwy body works.

Yeah, my body is like a little kid trying to learn how to ride a bike. My ovaries pedal and pedal toward ovulation, then fall of the bike. Then my ovaries act like they have A.D.D., and forget what they were trying to do. Eventually they will remember to get back on the bike and pedal toward ovulaiton, but who knows when they will actually make it. My body is trying to remember how to O, but apparently it's not an easy thing to remember. Wish I could read a how to ovulate book to them and they would magically remember.

LOL that is a funny way to put it lovetoteach but makes sense! How long has it been again since you stopped BCP? And what happened since you stopped? (Sorry if you already told us, I read so many different things it is hard to keep everyone straight!)

I really am pulling for all of you to have normal cycles so we have one less thing to stress about. It is enough stressing about TTC but having crazy unpredictable cycles makes it 100 x worse.

I really wish I knew where I was in my cycle because we are going out for DH's 30th on Saturday and I have no clue what is going on and if I am not pg I want to drink a considerable amount! I guess I will just take a FRER that a.m. and if it is negative I will go and enjoy my self!

I agree, if it's bfn then drink up. It's too hard to wait out long cycles and abstain from everything. I had a green apple martini on sunday, and it was sooo good. DH finally decided that I wasn't pregnant just because I wasn't getting af and told me to order a drink. I really needed one, and it was amazing!

Lovetoteach - someone once described it to me and like a finely tuned radio (none digital). Just slightly out and it causes chaotic noise but a small tweak can make everything sound perfect. Just need time and support to balance itself out.

I say drink till its pink!

LOL that is a funny way to put it lovetoteach but makes sense! How long has it been again since you stopped BCP? And what happened since you stopped? (Sorry if you already told us, I read so many different things it is hard to keep everyone straight!)

Stopped BCP January 2011, had the normal end of the pack period, had two days of spotting "on time" feb 11th and 12th, then zero activity from the 11th of feb 2011 until Dec 19th 2011 when I got my first normal period. Since my period Dec 19th 2011 until now is all on my current chart.

Thanks girls! Lovetoteach that is probably as light as mine get, maybe a touch lighter. I wouldn't worry about that, I think that is normal for some women. Congrats on the house! Great news! I hate moving but it's worth it when you're all settled in your own house! Good luck!

I've heard that when you never get rid of the line on the OPK, it can be an indication of PCOS, of course, I'm having the opposite issue, that I never seem to see anything, and to date, haven't seen one that was actually 100% positive (I would say possibly 90%, but not 100%!).

Brandy

lovetoteach-wow that is a long time without AF. If things don't straighten out I would try to get health insurance asap so you can figure out what is going on! I hope the Vitex kicks in and you are able to get things back in order quickly.

I am even more confused now because I am pretty sure I just saw some ewcm :wacko: I am def feeling a little off today. I have had a very slight barely noticable headache all day. And feeling kind of off is the best way to describe it. I am wondering if I am maybe coming down with a cold or something and maybe that is why my temp is up today?? I don't have any congestion or sore throat though. Maybe it will be coming tomorrow though.

I've heard that when you never get rid of the line on the OPK, it can be an indication of PCOS, of course, I'm having the opposite issue, that I never seem to see anything, and to date, haven't seen one that was actually 100% positive (I would say possibly 90%, but not 100%!).

Brandy

I have heard something similar as well, however I have heard a lot of women who do not have, or at least have not been diagnosed with PCOS say the same thing. There is always some sort of line on my opk but it's only pos if I am trying to ovulate. I have considered that I may have PCOS but it is difficult to get a diagnosis and it doesn't always hinder your ability to conceive. I do have a gyn appt in a week or so though and I'm hoping that they don't find any problems.
Rach have a drink! I heard the baby doesn't share your blood supply for a few weeks anyway!

Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely look into Vitex.

@lovetoteach86 Yay on the house! Painting and decorating is the best part! The very first time it's all set up and clean is the second best part.

Adding in my positive vibes into the mix! For some reason I have been looking at TTC as some sort of excuse to splurge on myself, which is making it pretty fun. All I want to do is take bubble baths, get massages, etc. Went lingerie shopping, even. haha. Should probably calm down, though. [:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->