Anyone who is ttc having trouble with their cycles due to previous bc use?

Unfortunately it takes time for some of us to settle down post BCP.

I think you need to give it at least 6-9 months. From reading vitex is worth trying but I wouldn't go near soy with post BCP crazy cycles. It is a xenoestrogen so acts like oestrogen. Most post bcp problems are due to oestrogen dominance and hormonal imbalance. The best thing to do is avoid all xeno and phytoestrogens. But that is just my opinion. Vitex is ok because it doesn't act like a hormone but works on the pituitary to help it regulate itself.

Haven't been to the doctor yet, I currently have no health insurance, and I am scared if I uncover something right now, that it will be really hard to get insured with a known issue... That and blood tests and ultrasounds would likely be really expensive without insurance. Hopefully when we move I can get a job and then I can afford health insurance, even if I have to get a plan on my own and not through work. As for right now I was hoping vitex and such would help sort me out... thinking about fertilaid, but I have no idea what to do right now. I have looked into soy, but I am torn because I wanted to give Vitex a chance instead of bouncing around between different supplements/vitamins and not giving any of them a chance to work. I am not opposed to giving things a few more months to work. Maybe my body is wonky at the moment because maybe the timing is off and I am not suppose to concieve in the month of feb. I guess since I have waited this long a few more months won't hurt.

I get ya. I'm beginning to feel particularly shi**y about ttc. I still want a baby SOOO bad but whatever I'm doing isn't really working and I'm considering taking a few months off until my cycles begin to normalize. May will be a year since going off of BCP and perhaps by then I will be normal again? That is if there isn't anything else wrong. I do have a dr appt in 10 days but I completely understand the not having insurance because I've been there myself. Maybe stopping for a while would benefit you with the new house and looking for a job and then the baby will just come naturally. I wish I could believe that but I'm a skeptic and I feel like if I'm not tracking then I'm not really trying. I think I'm gonna finish trying this month and then maybe work on me...haha I just can't decide. I know why it's so difficult for you. Idon't want to sound stupid because I don't think I am, but I'm gonna be 25 this year. I know that isn't old but I had always planned to have a child by the time I was 25 and I guess the plans just aren't working for me. Ya know that quote that goes something like...if you want to hear God laugh then make a plan....I'm beginning to believe it.

Yup I feel you, I am turning 26 in July. Feel like time is ticking even though I know so many ladies are years older then me and still get pregnant. I am going to keep temping and maybe use opks, but there is no way we can keep up all the BDing so much without knowing when I O. I might even stop OPKs until after I get af, but we will see if I can do that or not, I am kind of addicted :)

Thanks for the info on soy, Bean. I know I read somewhere that women with irregular cycles shouldn't take it and it is only to make ovulation stronger or something like that. I also read that women with regular cycles shouldn't take vitex...which makes me a perfect candidate. I'm not sure but I think I read it on here.

Lovetoteach- that's exactly it! I feel my biological clock ticking and I feel old even though I'm only 25:wacko:. I'm not really stressed just having a 'is this all there is?' kinda moment. But I truly am considering taking a few months off. I know dh wouldn't care either way. He thinks I'm crazy for worrying about it. I hope you can get a job with great insurance and get yourself taken care of. I doubt anything is wrong though. I think that most of our problems on this particular thread is all BC related. I'm a bit worried what my gyno will find when I go for my appt but I'm trying to be positive and think happy thoughts. I can't wait to O this cycle and give it another try hoping that this is my month. After I get af (if I don't get a bfp) I will decide whether or not I want to continue. I'm hoping to have a healthy and normal body very soon.

I'm turning 26 in July too! What date are you lovetoteach? im the 10th :)
Its crazy when you're a kid you think anything over 25 is like ancient!

Any of the ladies on this thread taking Pregnacare conception? I think im gonna get some because yesterday i noticed my multivit says 'if you are pregnant or trying to become pregnant please consult your doctor before taking' :shock: *facepalm*

I feel old, I am 29 and will be 30 in October. My goal was to have my first born by time I was 30, well there goes that!

I'm turning 26 in July too! What date are you lovetoteach? im the 10th :)
Its crazy when you're a kid you think anything over 25 is like ancient!

Any of the ladies on this thread taking Pregnacare conception? I think im gonna get some because yesterday i noticed my multivit says 'if you are pregnant or trying to become pregnant please consult your doctor before taking' :shock: *facepalm*

July 11th :)

I feel old, I am 29 and will be 30 in October. My goal was to have my first born by time I was 30, well there goes that!

30 is not the end all be all, my brother and his wife just had twins when she was 33 and he was 32! All natural too, no drugs involved.

I had a Mirena IUD for over three years, December of 2010 started having a lot of cramping and bleeding, found out that it had failed and I had been pregnant but miscarried. My cycles were somewhat normal for about five months after it was removed but then were all over the place, as of now haven't had a period since October 2011. My doctor says everything looks normal as far as she is concerned but things just haven't been the same since the IUD.

I had a Mirena IUD for over three years, December of 2010 started having a lot of cramping and bleeding, found out that it had failed and I had been pregnant but miscarried. My cycles were somewhat normal for about five months after it was removed but then were all over the place, as of now haven't had a period since October 2011. My doctor says everything looks normal as far as she is concerned but things just haven't been the same since the IUD.

I had this happen to me back in 2010 aswell but with twins

I went of BCP in May, had a normal cycle, and then it went haywire from there. The longest was 43 days in Oct-Nov. Then 30, and now I'm still waiting for the next one. I'm at CD55, longest cycle of my life. All I've got right now is a little period tracker since we've only just decided last month that we could start trying and see what happens. I'll be turning 26 too, come March, and BF is going to be 31. We feel we're at a pretty good place to start.

Maybe you all could help direct me a little? At first I was ferociously looking for indications that I could be pregnant already, but 2-3 weeks after my predicted start date and 5 BFNs later, I'm pretty sure that isn't the case (although an irrational part of my heart is still pretty determined to believe so until af comes, lol). I would like to get checked out so that I can start balancing out my cycles.

What should I be asking my DR for?

Thanks for the support all.

I think it's funny how some people are impatient about o'ing when it's day 15 instead of day 14, and I'm just really hoping to O this month!

I did start taking B Complex (50 mg) per day. I hate the neon yellow pee, but whatever, it's not really a big deal, just weird! I'm gonna take it for a while, and see if it changes anything.

I guess this part of the year is not the greatest time for me to be trying, since it is my most stressful part of my year, but generally, I operate under a lot of stress anyways, so I guess I was hoping my body would just figure it out.

I went of BCP in May, had a normal cycle, and then it went haywire from there. The longest was 43 days in Oct-Nov. Then 30, and now I'm still waiting for the next one. I'm at CD55, longest cycle of my life. All I've got right now is a little period tracker since we've only just decided last month that we could start trying and see what happens. I'll be turning 26 too, come March, and BF is going to be 31. We feel we're at a pretty good place to start.

Maybe you all could help direct me a little? At first I was ferociously looking for indications that I could be pregnant already, but 2-3 weeks after my predicted start date and 5 BFNs later, I'm pretty sure that isn't the case (although an irrational part of my heart is still pretty determined to believe so until af comes, lol). I would like to get checked out so that I can start balancing out my cycles.

What should I be asking my DR for?

As long as you are still having af and presumably Ov'ing, I don't know if the doctor will help you. 55 days isn't very long really and it doesn't mean you aren't ovulating. You could just ask the doctor if he/she could give you anything to regulate your cycles. We take vitex, which is you can buy at an herbal drugstore which is supposed to help regulate your cycles if taken long term. I have been on them since Dec 7th and I O'd on cd30 last cycle which was better than cd60 on the cycle before that. I hope it all works out for you.
For me, FF still hasn't taken it's silly crosshairs away but I woke up after a very strange dream to temp. I'm not worried though. I'm gonna see if I can hold my pee and take an opk later just to check and see. I'm cd13 today so lets hope there is some kinda line! I hope I O in a few days and we catch that egg! FX'd! How are you ladies?

Imsotired-I really hope you O early this cycle. Fx for you, let me know how the OPK looks today!

As for me I am still waiting it out in confusion. I think I O'ed but just in case I will keep Bding every other day. My temp shot up this a.m. and it is the highest I have seen it since I started temping back in October! I doubt it means anything though. If I did O I wish I knew when I actually did so I would have an idea of what DPO I am now. I think FF has to be wrong on the CD 34 I am thinking if anything it was CD 39. :shrug:

Thanks Rach.
Your chart is pretty confusing but it doesn suggest that you O'd and I hope you did! If you've been bd'ing a lot your chances are good! I plan on bd'ing tonight if dh will go along, so hopefully if I O on a normal day it will cover all my bases. I'm gonna keep my eyes open for O to do my best to catch it. Can't wait! Cd 39 does look like a good O day for you....did you take an opk that day? Ugg it's just so confusing I hope you can figure it out!

Nope I didn't because I thought I was having AF that day I was flowing light-mediumish that day. None of it makes sense. But I have to think I O'ed cuz my temps are normally really low. I don't see why else they would be going higher and higher.

We all should be BDing tonight because it is Valentine's Day! :happydance:

You know what is weird is no matter what I do FF won't say I O'ed on CD 39. I tried entering random future temps and it won't change it! But I think that is the only day that makes the most sense to me.

I ffeel like ff isn't the most accurate but it definately helps. That is what it looks like to me though, that you O'd on cd39. I suppose you will know for sure in 2 weeks or so if you get a bfp or a slightly heavier af. I hope the bfp! Maybe the bleeding was your O then. Let us know what happens! I should hope dh is gonna wanna bd tonight and he's not too tired form work. You're right, it is Valentines. lol

Imsotired-I really hope you O early this cycle. Fx for you, let me know how the OPK looks today!

As for me I am still waiting it out in confusion. I think I O'ed but just in case I will keep Bding every other day. My temp shot up this a.m. and it is the highest I have seen it since I started temping back in October! I doubt it means anything though. If I did O I wish I knew when I actually did so I would have an idea of what DPO I am now. I think FF has to be wrong on the CD 34 I am thinking if anything it was CD 39. :shrug:

I agree about it possibly being CD39. Did you try and take out the watery cm on CD34 and see if that changes fertility friend's mind about O day?

oh does the CM you record help FF decide too? I wasnt aware of that! Sounds pretty complex

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->