Anyone who is ttc having trouble with their cycles due to previous bc use?

Yeah, I am going to try to figure out the whole health insurance thing. I have to get all the ducks in a row with the house first so I can get settled and look for a job around that area. I also have to get things situated so I can do a semester of student teaching in the fall to get fully certified. I am hoping I don't have PCOS, and was determined I didn't because I am not overweight, but after doing research I have found that you can have PCOS without being overweight :( I hope I don't have it, but if I do then hopefully I can get some help without having to wait a year if I can get the doctors to do it for the sake of my health and my cycles.

Yeah, I am going to try to figure out the whole health insurance thing. I have to get all the ducks in a row with the house first so I can get settled and look for a job around that area. I also have to get things situated so I can do a semester of student teaching in the fall to get fully certified. I am hoping I don't have PCOS, and was determined I didn't because I am not overweight, but after doing research I have found that you can have PCOS without being overweight :( I hope I don't have it, but if I do then hopefully I can get some help without having to wait a year if I can get the doctors to do it for the sake of my health and my cycles.

Lovetoteach86 I'm the opposite - I am overweight, and have other signs of PCOS, but I never see a line on my OPKs, and I think that's a pretty standard thing for PCOS - but maybe not? Any insight?

On a more positive note, my temps are rising, so I may have ovulated, I'll just have to wait until I see what they do. Of course, last month it looked like I ovulated too, but it turned out to be nothing, because AF came at 4DPO! As sad as it sounds, I'd rather O late, than not O at all... of course, right now, I'm just impatient, but at least my BD timing was consistent, so if I did O, there is a chance!

Hope you're all doing well, and did enjoy Vday yesterday!

Brandy

There are so many different symptoms to pcos but the truth is your doctor has to run tests to diagnose you. Don't jump to conclusions and think that you have it. Being over weight is a symptom but I have been able to lose weight easily which is not the case for most pcos sufferers. I'm not going to think I have it until I'm diagnosed. Many women always have a line on their opk and this is because they tend to take the opk when it is around their surge time and when their body is prepairing to surge. If I took an opk after O or during af it may very well be white as snow but I have no need to use them then. I wouldn't use that as a PCOS symptom because I don't take opks everyday thoughout my cycle. Even if we did have it, many many women have successfully conceived having PCOS. Try not to worry about it until your doctor confirms it.

Rachel - just seen a chart like yours, from temps I'd say she O'd later but can't have but she got her BFP. Unfortunatly ended in MC.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3751d8

Thanks for finding that bean! It is nice to be able to compare to other charts. That does look a lot like mine so I guess it is possible I O'ed on CD 34, I am still thinking CD 39 is more likely but you never know.

It sucks that I am still clueless about the bleeding though, I don't know if I will ever have an answer on that. I mean techinically it was a flow so a new cycle should have started on CD 38 but with my temps that doesn't make sense either. Temp is still up today but I had a bad nights sleep and only had 1.5 hours of continuous sleep when my alarm went off for my temp so it may be somewhat elevated today due to that. But yesterdays was accurate.

There are so many different symptoms to pcos but the truth is your doctor has to run tests to diagnose you. Don't jump to conclusions and think that you have it. Being over weight is a symptom but I have been able to lose weight easily which is not the case for most pcos sufferers. I'm not going to think I have it until I'm diagnosed. Many women always have a line on their opk and this is because they tend to take the opk when it is around their surge time and when their body is prepairing to surge. If I took an opk after O or during af it may very well be white as snow but I have no need to use them then. I wouldn't use that as a PCOS symptom because I don't take opks everyday thoughout my cycle. Even if we did have it, many many women have successfully conceived having PCOS. Try not to worry about it until your doctor confirms it.

I am not convienced I have it, and not too worried if I do. I know it can usually be managed, and I only have a few of the symptoms, but I have no idea what to think. My sister accidently got pregnant two different times, and my mom had me when she was 32, so I wasn't really worried, but I am feeling like I wish I never took BCP because then maybe I would have seen a bfp by now :( Anyone know what it means when you have two periods a month? Before BCP I was having two periods a month, which is why I got on BCP in the first place.

I am not sure what that means. That was actually happening to my friend for a few months, she would have a period every 18 days or so her and I tried to research what it could mean and we really never figured it out. How long was that happening to you?

Lovetoteach86 I'm the opposite - I am overweight, and have other signs of PCOS, but I never see a line on my OPKs, and I think that's a pretty standard thing for PCOS - but maybe not? Any insight?

On a more positive note, my temps are rising, so I may have ovulated, I'll just have to wait until I see what they do. Of course, last month it looked like I ovulated too, but it turned out to be nothing, because AF came at 4DPO! As sad as it sounds, I'd rather O late, than not O at all... of course, right now, I'm just impatient, but at least my BD timing was consistent, so if I did O, there is a chance!

Hope you're all doing well, and did enjoy Vday yesterday!

Brandy

Sorry I have no idea about OPK lines and PCOS. I am just a little worried that the BCP isn't the only reason I am having such a problem Oing and not seeing af very often. I just don't want to go to the doctor and be given provera without any answers. Provera might bring on my af, but it isn't going to solve anything. I guess I am also afraid of the answers at the same time.

The past few days I have just been temping and not working about OPKs and I feel a lot less stressed. I just need to relax, I make everything way too complicated.

I am not sure what that means. That was actually happening to my friend for a few months, she would have a period every 18 days or so her and I tried to research what it could mean and we really never figured it out. How long was that happening to you?

Most of the time between ages 12-19 (when I started BCP). I can't remember exactly the time it started, but it was a majority of those seven years. For sure ages 15-19.

lovetoteach-I think it is a good idea to stay away from OPKs. I used to do them every day and it was so stressful and depressing when they were negative. I temp every day and if I see a sure sign like temp dip and ewcm then I will pull out an OPK.

Most of the time between ages 12-19 (when I started BCP). I can't remember exactly the time it started, but it was a majority of those seven years. For sure ages 15-19.

hmm, did the drs ever have any input as to why?

I had the opposite problem in which I would get AF every 2 months or so (a lot like now!) They put me on BCP because of it and it was so long ago I can't remember what they said but I think something along the line of my hormones being off possibly just due to being a teenager. I was 16 or 17 when I started BCP.

hmm, did the drs ever have any input as to why?

I had the opposite problem in which I would get AF every 2 months or so (a lot like now!) They put me on BCP because of it and it was so long ago I can't remember what they said but I think something along the line of my hormones being off possibly just due to being a teenager. I was 16 or 17 when I started BCP.

No answers, they said everything was normal and that BCP would balance everything out. Thought nothing of it either because BCP made my cycles picture perfect 28 day cycles with my period coming exactly on the second or third pill of the last row of the pack every time like clock work. I wish there was a magic pill like that for ttc that didn't have the antibaby effect!

Hi all,
I'm so freaking annoyed at myself. I slept through my alarm this morning so didnt get temp! Cant believe i've messed it up on my third day!
Got some Pregnacare conception yesterday so started that :) Looking forward to the neon yellow pee lol

Hi all,
I'm so freaking annoyed at myself. I slept through my alarm this morning so didnt get temp! Cant believe i've messed it up on my third day!
Got some Pregnacare conception yesterday so started that :) Looking forward to the neon yellow pee lol

Yay for neon pee, lol. Don't stress too much about the temps, you will get the hang of it and get into a routine, one day of missing a temp isn't going to mess everything up.

I know how that can feel I'm on cd4 and my second day of soy BBs hurt really bad today though.

I always hear women say they get sore bbs especially after O. I have never had sore bbs, is that strange or am I just lucky? lol I almost want them so I can feel like I have a chance of being pregnant! :haha:

Not that I expect to have a chance because of my weird period in the middle of my cycle but I have zero symptoms as I always have zero symptoms every other cycle. I just wish my bbs hurt or something! :haha:

I always hear women say they get sore bbs especially after O. I have never had sore bbs, is that strange or am I just lucky? lol I almost want them so I can feel like I have a chance of being pregnant! :haha:

Not that I expect to have a chance because of my weird period in the middle of my cycle but I have zero symptoms as I always have zero symptoms every other cycle. I just wish my bbs hurt or something! :haha:

My boobs have only hurt once in my entire life, and that was back in december. Which is why I know for sure I ovulated in December. My nipples hurt for six straight days, then twelve days after that I got my first real af. I am sure that isn't the first time in my life I have ovulated though, so I don't expect them to hurt every time. I wouldn't wish to feel that every time either, even the shower water hitting them was uncomfortable.

lol, I mean don't get me wrong I don't want pain. But I just want some sort of sign of something different once so I can have hope. I just feel like I have zero symptoms every cycle and never an ounce of hope. I already know right now 95% chance I am out. So I am just looking forward to going out and getting drunk on Saturday night!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->