Anyone who is ttc having trouble with their cycles due to previous bc use?

Temp is dropping again. I don't have much hope fore this cycle. :cry:

Don't worry I have seen all kinds of charts that end in BFPs. You are never out until the witch shows! I would give the testing a rest until you are late, it will drive you crazy! I actually would prefer to wait until I am late to test but the past couple TWWs we had something going on where I wanted to make sure I wasnt pg so I could enjoy a few drinks.

I know. I just can't stop thinking about it. And I do not feel confident at all. I'm afraid I'm out. I'm definately taking march off but I'm not sure about april or may yet.

You never know, I have no clue what your temps are doing, but we will see.

I am still trying to take a break from everything except temping. At least until I get my cycles back on track. So glad for how crazy this up coming month is going to be for me. My temps are slowly rising, maybe something will finally happen soon.

I hope the temp rise means something for you lovetoteach! I know you have been waiting a long time for something to happen, so I pray you either O or at least get AF soon.

Don't ask me why I torture myself like this but I can't help it.

I was looking at an old thread I posted in back in October about how long it takes to become regular after stopping BCP. First of all pretty much all of the women that posted in that thread said they became regular pretty soon after stopping and most of them are pregnant now! It just REALLY depressed me for two reasons, 1. why can't I become regular fast like most women after stopping bcp and 2. they were all in the same boat as me back then and most are pregnant now. Ugh this is so depressing I am having another down day I guess... :cry:

Don't ask me why I torture myself like this but I can't help it.

I was looking at an old thread I posted in back in October about how long it takes to become regular after stopping BCP. First of all pretty much all of the women that posted in that thread said they became regular pretty soon after stopping and most of them are pregnant now! It just REALLY depressed me for two reasons, 1. why can't I become regular fast like most women after stopping bcp and 2. they were all in the same boat as me back then and most are pregnant now. Ugh this is so depressing I am having another down day I guess... :cry:

I wonder if it makes a difference how long you were on the pill? I would think the longer you are on it, the more dependent your body becomes on the hormones in the pills. Also it probably makes a difference if you were regular before the pill or not. I for one never had regular periods. Well they regularly came twice a month... but that isn't exactly normal.

Some of those ladies might have only been on BCP for a short amount of time, or they were freakishly normal in the first place. Everyone is different.

See I had irregular periods before that is my main concern and that is what I told my Dr. recently but he blew it off as they all do for some reason :dohh:

I wonder about the amount of time on the pill as well. I always asked different gynos I went to about that and they all said it doesn't matter and is safe to be on for a long time. I contemplated going off around the 10 year mark because I was scared of being on something like that for so long but every dr. made me feel like it was safe and convinced me to stay on it. :growlmad:

See I had irregular periods before that is my main concern and that is what I told my Dr. recently but he blew it off as they all do for some reason :dohh:I wonder about the amount of time on the pill as well. I always asked different gynos I went to about that and they all said it doesn't matter and is safe to be on for a long time. I contemplated going off around the 10 year mark because I was scared of being on something like that for so long but every dr. made me feel like it was safe and convinced me to stay on it. :growlmad:

Yeah, I had no clue that it would effect anything. Just thought that you stopped taking it and everything went back to normal. They should at least warn you that it could take so long to get back to your normal cycle length.

I've been off the pill for a long while now and am still having problems. It can take 3 months to 1 year to become normal again, and if your cycles were irregular before the pill they will be irregular still. It doesn't apparently matter how long you were on it, I was only on it for 1.5 years and my cycles are an absolute mess. They were fairly regular before I started the pill, between 32-35 days. I only started the pill to help with acne problems, and I have fortunately had very minimal acne since going off the pill. Which makes me wonder if I even ovulate anymore at all.

The only hope that I have is that my cycles were irregular before starting the pill because I was still young and my body hadnt normalized yet. I was 16 going on 17 I think when I started BCP. So I pray that my body is able to have normal cycles and there is not some underlying problem.

I also had bad acne before I went on it and although I have more zits now after stopping it is not as bad as I thought it would be. But I know I O because I temp.

So I wouldnt worry about not having acne, maybe it is just because you are older that it isnt as bad.

I also had bad acne before I went on it and although I have more zits now after stopping it is not as bad as I thought it would be. But I know I O because I temp.

So I wouldnt worry about not having acne, maybe it is just because you are older that it isnt as bad.

I'm 29, I started the pill in my mid-twenties. I had horrific acne every time I ovulated. Even if I was late taking a pill or missed one I knew if I ovulated that cycle because I would break out horribly.
Oh well, I'm temping this cycle, so I guess only time will tell. I tried to temp last cycle, but I stopped due to travelling, nor did I start at the beginning of that cycle so I guess I'll never know what really happened.

I'm 29, I started the pill in my mid-twenties. I had horrific acne every time I ovulated. Even if I was late taking a pill or missed one I knew if I ovulated that cycle because I would break out horribly.
Oh well, I'm temping this cycle, so I guess only time will tell. I tried to temp last cycle, but I stopped due to travelling, nor did I start at the beginning of that cycle so I guess I'll never know what really happened.

?? I though BCP prevents you from ovulating. Is there another type of BCP that prevents pregnancy some other way then preventing ovulation, or am I just confused?

If you miss pills or are late taking them you to ovulate anyways. However, the lining would be too thin to support a pregnancy.

Oh, I read your post all wrong. I thought you were saying that every time you ovulated you knew it, I missed the part where you said when you missed a pill or two.

I've been off the pill for a long while now and am still having problems. It can take 3 months to 1 year to become normal again, and if your cycles were irregular before the pill they will be irregular still. It doesn't apparently matter how long you were on it, I was only on it for 1.5 years and my cycles are an absolute mess. They were fairly regular before I started the pill, between 32-35 days. I only started the pill to help with acne problems, and I have fortunately had very minimal acne since going off the pill. Which makes me wonder if I even ovulate anymore at all.

How long have you been off of the pill? My acne returned 5 months after stopping the pill and my hair started to fall out...and it still is. Can I ask what pill you were on?

How is everyone today?

CD 11-I had watery cm this a.m. but I try not to read too much into my cm since it tends to go back and forth throughout my long ass cycles. I hope you are all doing good. :)

Temp dipped again a bit and I took it early as well. I'm expecting to start cramping or spotting any minute now. Although I'll give af until the 3rd to show up because looking at my chart there is a possibility I O'd on cd17 and not cd16. I'm really surprised that I haven't had many cramps yet. And also my breasts aren't quite as sore as usual. I read somewhere that drinking milk can make your breasts less sore after O and I did drink some yesterday. I'm upset that I'm most likely not pg but I'm going to take a month off and see how it all plays out. How are you ladies today?

I know the feeling but don't count yourself out yet. I really think people should try not to read into temps too much because I have seen so many different charts that are BFPs and some include weird temp drops, ect. I agree it is possible you O'ed on either day, give it a couple days if no AF I would test again!

I know the feeling but don't count yourself out yet. I really think people should try not to read into temps too much because I have seen so many different charts that are BFPs and some include weird temp drops, ect. I agree it is possible you O'ed on either day, give it a couple days if no AF I would test again!

Thanks Rachel but I got another bfn and I'm pretty sure I'm out. I really wish I wasn't because we had such good timing and everything. All I can hope for is to O consistantly and continue having nice normal cycles like this one. When I start to ttc again in April,May, or June I will be ready and hopefully very fertile!

If you are out, I hope your cycles continue to be normal, at least that is one less thing to stress about. It always blows my mind that you can do everything right and it doesn't happen yet some people time and time again can BD once and get pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->