Anyone who is ttc having trouble with their cycles due to previous bc use?

I don't mind the taste, you can also add it to tea.

You should be able to get it in any good health shop. I have the highest concentration 1:1 if you have 2:1 just use another 10 drops.

Good luck.

Thank you so much for your help. One last question, is it best to break up the dose throughout the day or do you just take it all at once?

I just do 20 drops in the morning but you can split it morning and evening.

I think you can take more than 20drops. When you get it let me know the strength.

Bean- Does vitex make your urine neon yellow? Or is it the B complex? Sry tmi :blush:but ever since I began taking it I've had this problem. I'm sure it's ok and safe, just curious.

So the doctor hasn't gotten bqack to me about my test results yet so I'm a mess! I'm so tired of waiting for my af! I feel so broken and abnormal! Cd64 for me today- my all time record.Ugg.:nope:

:hugs: hope they get back to you soon. Did the doc say anything or just do tests?

Good old neon yellow pee. That'll be the B Complex. It's normal don't worry.

I'm having so much trouble with my cycles! I was on bcp for 6 years straight, went off of it in early June after a period. I figured it would be easy as pie. Nope... I didn't have my period for 4 whole months. After two months I went into the doctor and they weren't very helpful, told me to come back again if no period shows. Went in at 4 month mark and finally they gave something to me to induce a period I suppose (wish I could remember the name of the medication). Period came after the 10 day supply of pill.

I'm so frustrated and new at charting ovulation. I've been trying it but all tests are negative so far. Unless my calenders are saying I am to ovulate on the wrong days, I don't know what's happening. I am so scared I'm not ovulating right now due to the bcp. I will never, ever, take those again.

My DH and I haven't used protection at all since June... :(

TTCBean - Welcome, you have definitely found a place to share you frustrations and questions :thumbup:

It really can take awhile for some people to recover from the pill, so no matter how crazy it seems now...it will get better!

All you really need to chart is a basal thermometer (but I just use a digital one with one tenth of a degree and it seems to be OK) and the Fertility Friend app or website :) You can go to FF website and learn all you need to know about it, or read Taking Charge of Your Fertility which is a fabulous book!

You can also add a link to your chart in your signature so you can get opinions/feedback about anything going on with your cycle...

Are you taking anything? When I came off the pill I took Vitex (and other vitamins and Omega 3) and I really think the vitex had an effect because I went off it 3 years ago and had a MUCH worse experience. I would recommend looking into Vitex for sure :thumbup:

I hope things turn around for you quickly!

I got my test results. I am not pregnant but I have ovulated [:happydance:]and my hormone levels and thyroid look normal:shrug:. I have been feeling more normal lately so I'm not really surprised that my levels are right where they are supposed to be. They said I just happen to be having a long cycle. Which I believe is still probably from the bc along with the acne and hair falling out, which has improved within the last week tremendously. They said that I should expect af within the next 2 weeks and if I don't get it I should take a test and give them a call.FX I get my bfp before I have to call them back!

I got my test results. I am not pregnant but I have ovulated [:happydance:]and my hormone levels and thyroid look normal:shrug:. I have been feeling more normal lately so I'm not really surprised that my levels are right where they are supposed to be. They said I just happen to be having a long cycle. Which I believe is still probably from the bc along with the acne and hair falling out, which has improved within the last week tremendously. They said that I should expect af within the next 2 weeks and if I don't get it I should take a test and give them a call.FX I get my bfp before I have to call them back!

That's great news :flower:

Yes, hopefully you aren't calling back unless its about a pregnancy :happydance:

I'msotired. That is great news!! Fingers crossed for a BFP!

If not it really sounds like you've turned a corner.

TTCBean - welcome. As Gaia said it really takes time. I've been off since March and just about feel getting back to normal.

You cam have long cycles and still O and get pregnant. It's just frustrating and a game of patience.

I recommend Vitex. Also charting and checking CM. OPKs are useful to predict O but only temping will confirm it. Bd whenever you have watery or EWCM.

Good luck!

i was on BCP for 8 years or so...i came off of it in June...had normal AFs June, July and August...and then September was 3 days late....and then none in October and then i started early in November...im using an app on my phone and it said AF was due on the 12th of december and it sure happened...so im on CD 2 now. it really messed with my cycles...if i would have known it was this hard to get pregnant coming off BC i would have done it a long time ago! I did ovulate this cycle though :) got + OPKs so thats good...i thought i would have to go to the doctor to get me to with medication.

I had a cycle of 93 days. Then next cycle ovulated on cd48 ! After being off bcp for ten months

I'msotired. That is great news!! Fingers crossed for a BFP!

If not it really sounds like you've turned a corner.

TTCBean - welcome. As Gaia said it really takes time. I've been off since March and just about feel getting back to normal.

You cam have long cycles and still O and get pregnant. It's just frustrating and a game of patience.

I recommend Vitex. Also charting and checking CM. OPKs are useful to predict O but only temping will confirm it. Bd whenever you have watery or EWCM.

Good luck!

Hi Bean! I picked up the liquid form of Vitex and started taking 1ml a day in the morning which is about 28 drops which=1,000mg. I think that is a good dose to start with. The bottle suggests about 28-56 drops 3x a day. Thats seems insane to me and way too much! What do you think?

Also I have read so many different things about when to stop taking it. I have read you should take it up until you O and then stop again until you get AF. I also read take it throughout your cycle except during AF and stop once you get your BFP. Do you know how it is supposed to be taken?

This particular article confused the hell out of me. https://www.ehow.com/how_8292794_stop-taking-vitex.html

Step 2 completely counterdicts itself and makes zero sense. What do you think?

Hi Rachel. What strength do you have? I handily have a friend who is a practicing herbalist. I ended up asking her as I was so confused. She said take it constantly until BFP. For the 1:1 strength she said 20 drops a day would be fine. Upping it to 30 for lesser strengths.

You could start by doing 20 drops morning and evening for a cycle then reducing it.

Good luck. Hope it works for you.

Hi Rachel. What strength do you have? I handily have a friend who is a practicing herbalist. I ended up asking her as I was so confused. She said take it constantly until BFP. For the 1:1 strength she said 20 drops a day would be fine. Upping it to 30 for lesser strengths.

You could start by doing 20 drops morning and evening for a cycle then reducing it.

Good luck. Hope it works for you.

No wonder you are so knowledgable! Thank you so much for the advice. I am glad I asked because the bottle said to take 28-56 drops 3x a day that seemed like a crazy amount to me! Mine is 1:1 as well. I have been taking 28 drops every morning with a little water so I maybe I can stick with that for a month then lower it to 20 drops every morning.

So apparently having regular cycles isn't completely necessary lol
It took me 4 months off bc before I even had af, then it was just starting to look like I MIGHT have some kind of regularity when my DH and I decided to go route of NTNP... a few weeks later I had a very irregular cycle and couldn't tell what to make of it (which I posted about somewhere else in this thread).
Yesterday I had my doctors appointments, and after scheduling rounds of blood work for various hormone levels, blood sugar levels, PCOS (runs in the family), and long discussions about Metformin.... He also added a pregnancy test just to make sure. A few hrs later, they told me to forget about the blood work and today I changed my status :)
So for those struggling with irregular cycles, it's not impossible (I was very afraid it was going to be). Just try to focus on the more fun parts - and use it as a reason for more BDing :thumbup:

And here's keeping my fingers crossed that the irregularity factor doesn't cause any issues as things move along...

Krissy - that's fantastic news! I have seen loads if BFP with irregular cycles. Think it just takes patience. Thanks for posting. H&H 9 mths.

Rachel - yep it's handy having friends in the know.

So apparently having regular cycles isn't completely necessary lol
It took me 4 months off bc before I even had af, then it was just starting to look like I MIGHT have some kind of regularity when my DH and I decided to go route of NTNP... a few weeks later I had a very irregular cycle and couldn't tell what to make of it (which I posted about somewhere else in this thread).
Yesterday I had my doctors appointments, and after scheduling rounds of blood work for various hormone levels, blood sugar levels, PCOS (runs in the family), and long discussions about Metformin.... He also added a pregnancy test just to make sure. A few hrs later, they told me to forget about the blood work and today I changed my status :)
So for those struggling with irregular cycles, it's not impossible (I was very afraid it was going to be). Just try to focus on the more fun parts - and use it as a reason for more BDing :thumbup:

And here's keeping my fingers crossed that the irregularity factor doesn't cause any issues as things move along...

Congrats! Thats absolutely a breath of fresh air.

Ugg! Cd66 today! This is the worst cycle ever! I'm getting really impatient again. So when I went for bloods they said I had ov'd so I should get af within the next 2 wks which would be Christmas eve or before. But how do they know I ov'd? Because my progesterone was high? Does that necessarily mean I ov'd?My temps yest and today where 97.9 and 97.7. Are these consistant with recent ov? I'm so confused and scared. I really want a baby!

Ugg! Cd66 today! This is the worst cycle ever! I'm getting really impatient again. So when I went for bloods they said I had ov'd so I should get af within the next 2 wks which would be Christmas eve or before. But how do they know I ov'd? Because my progesterone was high? Does that necessarily mean I ov'd?My temps yest and today where 97.9 and 97.7. Are these consistant with recent ov? I'm so confused and scared. I really want a baby!

Ugh sounds about right, that sucks! I don't know what else I can really say I just wanted to respond :hugs:

You will have a baby, I have read on here SO many times about women who have gotten pregnant with crazy long cycles...it is just so much harder to TTC when you can't predict!

I feel for you though, that is so frustrating and annoying. I really hope AF shows up on time and you move on to a much more regular cycle for 2012 :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->