Anyone who is ttc having trouble with their cycles due to previous bc use?

Hi Rachel. What strength do you have? I handily have a friend who is a practicing herbalist. I ended up asking her as I was so confused. She said take it constantly until BFP. For the 1:1 strength she said 20 drops a day would be fine. Upping it to 30 for lesser strengths.

You could start by doing 20 drops morning and evening for a cycle then reducing it.

Good luck. Hope it works for you.

I have been having off and on mild dull cramps the last couple days. CD 36 I temp so I know I have not O yet. Are these cramps possibly from the Vitex?

I've been on vitex for over a week and haven't had any cramping or neg side effects yet. I don't know what your cramping could be.

No I've never had cramping. You maybe gearing up to O?

Do you use OPKs? What's your cm like? With that temp drop O is possible.

Do you use OPKs? What's your cm like? With that temp drop O is possible.

I pray you are right, it would be nice! I havent really noticed any fertile CM though so I am thinking unlikely. I have just been doing OPKs every couple days now because I am using so many of them being this cycle is crazy long. I have to go out soon, so I guess I could try an OPK before I leave but at that point I will have only held my pee for 3 hours so I am unsure if it would be too dilluted or not to show up. You think that is long enough? I havent been drinking fluids. I usually like to wait 4 hours or so.

3 hours should be fine. Esp if limited fluids. When did you last do an OPK? Your positive, if you O today would have been a day it so ago.

Fingers crossed for O.

My last OPK was two days ago and it was faint, I did take one today after about 3.5 hours or so of holding and it was the faintest I have ever seen it and I have taken about 30 OPKs in the past couple months. So I guess that either means I O'ed today and would have had a positive if I took one yesterday or it means nothing is happening still which would be disappointing. I am thinking it means nothing happened because I have not seen fertile CM. Oh well hopefully Vitex will help get me straightened out.

I was on Cilest for 5-6 years after having my daughter! And i am never ever going back on them again :grr: I was really ill when i came off them and this lasted for a couple of months, i thought i was going out of my mind, and now i suffer with anxiety every so often because of this!! :sad2: I have Pcos and my cycles were around the 30 days but now they are in the 100's :cry:
I would never recommend the Pill to anyone!! :nope:

xx

As I thought, no ovulation...temp is still very low. I feel like its never coming this cycle. Oh well...I guess I just need to learn to be patient with these crazy cycles of mine. :wacko:

Birth control is the worst! I will never go on it again. Still no af for me yet:cry:!

Birth control is the worst! I will never go on it again. Still no af for me yet:cry:!

Agreed-although I had irreglar cycles before I started BCP so part of me wonders in my case if that is just how my cycles will be or if they will ever straighten out.

Sorry no O Rachel.

Imsotired - no AF is good if you have O'd!! Hopefully your on your way to a BFP. At the very least a normal luteal phase. Good luck!

I was on bc (bcp, one depo shot, and Nuva ring) for 11 consecutive years before stopping this April (ish). I've had regular cycles since then (exactly 28 days every month) but have never ovulated (been using opks and never seen a positive.) When I was 12, I was put on bcp because I had super long periods (bleeding 45+ days) which made me anemic and iron deficient at the time. If I wouldve known this was going to be so difficult, I would've stopped years ago!

I hope my appointment on the 30th, the dr can do some tests, and confirm what I already suspect and start me on chlomid early 2012.

I don't think I will ever go back on bc... I feel like its the culprit for so many years of use.

Sorry no O Rachel.

Imsotired - no AF is good if you have O'd!! Hopefully your on your way to a BFP. At the very least a normal luteal phase. Good luck!

Thats a good point that bean made Imsotired! You do not want AF to show up! Good luck!

Well here's the thing. I've been thinking how does the doctor know I ov'd, because of my progesterone level? And just because my progesterone is high doesn't really mean I have ov'd does it? It could be a hormonal imbalance still, couldn't it? I really really hope that I did and that I will get af soon. Obviously a bfp would be ideal but I don't know which day I ov'd and have no clue if we dtd that day. It's hard not to look at this in a 'glass half empty' kinda way. I have just about the worst luck ever. If there is such a thing as luck. I haven't had any indication in favor of pregnancy or my period and I'm running out of time (the 2 weeks the doctor told me I should expect my period). Either or would suffice right now.67 days is a long time not to know.

Jaws - sorry BCP messed you to. Hopefully you are ovulating. Do your OPKs even get slightly darker? Is possible you have a short surge.

Imsotired - I'm not 100% but I think it's unlikely you have high progesterone. Esp not to the point where they'd suggest you O'd. To be safe i'd test 2 weeks after you saw your doctor if the witch hasn't shown up.

Jaws - sorry BCP messed you to. Hopefully you are ovulating. Do your OPKs even get slightly darker? Is possible you have a short surge.

Imsotired - I'm not 100% but I think it's unlikely you have high progesterone. Esp not to the point where they'd suggest you O'd. To be safe i'd test 2 weeks after you saw your doctor if the witch hasn't shown up.

I hope you are right bean! It's driving me absolutely bananas not knowing! 2 week from the day I had my test done will be Christmas eve. So that is 2 weeks from the last possible day I could have ov'd (if the doctor picked up on it). I will test that day (if no af) and call the doctor soon there after. I know you ladies really understand how difficult it is to stay positive. So you could imagine being a month and a week late for your period with no symptoms! I'm sorry if I can be a real downer but I'm very afraid of situations I can't control and I always end up fearing the worst. Thanks Bean!

I hope you are right bean! It's driving me absolutely bananas not knowing! 2 week from the day I had my test done will be Christmas eve. So that is 2 weeks from the last possible day I could have ov'd (if the doctor picked up on it). I will test that day (if no af) and call the doctor soon there after. I know you ladies really understand how difficult it is to stay positive. So you could imagine being a month and a week late for your period with no symptoms! I'm sorry if I can be a real downer but I'm very afraid of situations I can't control and I always end up fearing the worst. Thanks Bean!

You could make the wait shorter and do 2 weeks from blood test. It is so hard to stay positive. The chances are you O'd so the wait it almost over. I'm a complete worrier so I know how you feel. Fingers crossed for you hun.

I've got one more week and then I'll know for sure whether I ov'd! I'm sooo nervous! How is everyone here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->