Anyone who is ttc having trouble with their cycles due to previous bc use?

I was wondering if anyone knew if you can O during breakthrough bleeding?

Hi girls! Rachel can't wait to hear you say that provera worked wonders. I hope it does!

The appt went well. I was nervous but the doctor seems to think I'll be ok. They didn't do the ultrasound as they said it was too soon but they are going to do it on Wed the 18th. Just over a week, and they will do a sonogram as they expect the heart to be able to be heard. I'm still nervous and hoping it all goes well. I got bloodwork done but it wasn't hcg levels it was all the basic blood tests to make sure I don't have anything so I can have a healthy pregnancy. I suppose he will order the hcg at a later date. Feeling a little better but not overly confident until I see baby and hear the heartbeat.

Glad to hear your appt. went well :thumbup: If the dr. thinks everything is fine as of now I would try not to worry. I know it is easier said than done though. I hope you get to hear a heartbeat next week :happydance:

I think it is unlikely to happen during the withdrawl bleed but anytime after that you can O.

I agree with Rachel on the withdrawl bleed...

How is everybody today?
How is the provera going Rach?

AFM I'm feeling a little nauseous but no vomitting yet. After I eat I feel very bloated and my gag reflex is very heightened. This has been happening on and off for a few days. Hope I either throw up or feel better this in between nonsense is worse than puking if you ask me! Can't wait to see a pic of baby on Wed!<3

ImSoTired sorry that the sweetpea is making you sick, but thats a good sign though.

Yes I agree with hotpink. You have to post the pic for us when you get it! :happydance:

I know what you mean though about that in between feeling, I hate feeling like I am going to vomit I would rather just vomit and then feel better :haha:

I am so ready to be done with the provera it is taking forever. A lot of people told me they could take 2 pills a day for 5 days and finish it faster and their drs say it was ok. 10 days is way too long espcially since I am impatient as hell. I asked my dr if I could do the 5 days and she said no she wants me to do 10 so obv I listened to her reluctantly. Tonight I am taking my 7th pill so I am almost there but the last few are of course taking the longest in my mind. I will take my last one saturday and then I have to pray AF doesnt take forever to show up. It can take up to 2 weeks :wacko:

I hope the provera works for you Rachel. I know ten days seems like a long time but it's definately not, I hope it flys by for you and AF comes in time. Hang in there you're almost done. Maybe the provera is what you need to kickstart your body! Keeping my fx'd for you.

I would love the next 6 weeks to fly by so I could worry a little less but unfortunately 6 weeks is pretty long. lol.The thing is, I'm not throwing up I'm just nauseous so I am worrying about baby. I haven't taken any hpt's in a while and I'm resisting buying anymore. I just worry and I can't wait to see baby so I can relax even for a little while. So cranky and tired as well.

So the doctor said everything looked normal, there was even a little blood on my cervix which he says means my body tried to have a period. He ordered several different tests on my blood such as thyroid, testosterone, estrogen, hcg and one other thing I can't remember. So depending on what we find out he talked about provera, metaformin, and clomid. So he is ready to get the ball rolling quick. Just have to wait on the blood results. Excited to finally be close to finding the issue, and if there isn't a clear answer/issue I hope clomid will get me prego within 2012. Kinda scared of twins, but we would figure out how to deal.

I am glad to hear your appointment went well :happydance: I knew your Dr. would be willing to help you. Hopefully we both will be starting clomid soon and will get our BFPs in the near future. I am worried about twins as well, I hear it ups your chances from 1% to 10%. So you still have a 90% chance of having just one, think of it that way. DH and I only want two kids and given the trouble I am having trying to get pregnant once maybe having two and never having to deal with this again wouldnt be such a bad thing :shrug: Do you know when you will get your bloodwork results? I think my dr. tested the same as yours and maybe the other one you can't remember is pituitary? I know mine mentioned that. Is your dr. going to give you an ultra sound as well? Mine wants to make sure I have no cysts on my ovaries.

I am glad to hear your appointment went well :happydance: I knew your Dr. would be willing to help you. Hopefully we both will be starting clomid soon and will get our BFPs in the near future. I am worried about twins as well, I hear it ups your chances from 1% to 10%. So you still have a 90% chance of having just one, think of it that way. DH and I only want two kids and given the trouble I am having trying to get pregnant once maybe having two and never having to deal with this again wouldnt be such a bad thing :shrug: Do you know when you will get your bloodwork results? I think my dr. tested the same as yours and maybe the other one you can't remember is pituitary? I know mine mentioned that. Is your dr. going to give you an ultra sound as well? Mine wants to make sure I have no cysts on my ovaries.

Yeah, he is talking about maybe doing an ultrasound depending on the blood results, but we are hoping we can avoid the expensive stuff or we will have to put it off until I get insurance. Ultra sound wouldnt be as bad as other tests though money wise, so I MIGHT be able to do one if need be.

Not positive about when I get the blood results, I would think 7 to 10 days?

I see what you are saying, because you are trying to spend as little as possible that makes sense. I am wondering why my dr. said I would have to do BCP for three months to shrink down the cysts before starting clomid, do you think that is necessary before starting clomid? I REALLY don't want to do that :( Let's just hope I don't have cysts.

I wonder how much the ultra sound will cost. We kinda have to watch our expenses as well, I do have health insurance but we have a health saving account so it is a high deductible plan, meaning we do have to spend a lot out of pocket up front. I am wonder how expensive this will get. Last year I had to get an endoscopy done because I have chronic heartburn and that cost $1200! health care costs in the US are so screwed up and needs to be fixed asap.

Tomorrow is my last provera pill :happydance: I manually removed my crosshairs from FF because I know they are not real. I am going to take a break from temping for a bit. Sometimes I wake up on my own around temping time so if I do that I may temp but I am not setting my alarm anymore for the next couple weeks, it will be nice if I can sleep through the night for once!

I had a transvaginal ultrsound, I think that is what it is called, in the beginning of March (to look for cysts when I was having that awful cramping) and we have a high deductable on our health insurance so we had to pay it. It was about $230 so it really wasn't crazy expensive.It may depend on your doctors charge though, I don't know. Most blood tests aren't expensive either but I know the blood hcg is kinda pricey and I paid 200 or 250 when they tested my blood in December (that is total). I had already had labs that year so thats why it wasn't covered, plus they were all different 'unnecessary' tests (according to the stupid insurance company anyway). I think that bloods usually come back within 2 weeks so it shouldn't be too long.

Glad to hear that everything looks normal lovetoteach! It sounds as though maybe you just need a jumpstart! I'm hoping that you can get everything back to normal soon. Sounds promising.

Rachel I guess you are relieved to be nearly finished with the pills! I really hope they work for you! I hope you don't have to take any BC as I also hope you don't have any cysts. I doubt you have them though because even though your cycles are long, they aren't too long, and you do eventually O. You don't have any pelvic pain or bad cramping when you get AF do you? I hope that isn't your problem.

As for having twins, I think that would be cool! I think it would be twice the worry though. As you will find out as soon as you get your bfps (which I'm sure will be sooner than you think) worrying turns into something much more intense than thinking 'where aren't I having normal cycles'. You start thinking why don't I have this symptom and what is that feeling and is baby ok? It's terrifying! I can't wait to relax but honestly I don't know if I'll relax until this kid is married with kids of his/her own! lol

Hi ladies,

I got a new batch of opks delivered yday so thought I'd give one a go today and this is what happened. Do you think it's positive? I've had a couple from a different brand look nearly positive but then my temp doesn't do anything to imply that I've ovulated so I think my body might have geared up to O but never got there. Hope this is a sign O is on the way but don't want to get my hopes up. Fingers crossed!

Attachments

• IMG_0200[1].jpg
    IMG_0200[1].jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 1
Haha so true, but even then I don't know if I will ever relax, I just think it is in my nature! Are you still feeling sick today?

That is good to know the ultra sound isnt crazy expensive. I barely have any cramping during AF just mild cramps during the first day for about an hour or two. I do get random very mild cramping throughout my cycle so not sure what that means. I hope you are right though and I don't have any cysts that are out of the norm. I think it is normal to have a cyst or two every cycle that are small and they usually dissapate on their own so hopefully that is the most they will find and it won't require bcp.

At this point I am just anxious to start the clomid as I don't think I will have a normal length cycle without it. But the earliest I will be able to start it will likely be Juneish because I would have to start yet another cycle to take it. Which means I may have to do the provera again :wacko:

Hi ladies,

I got a new batch of opks delivered yday so thought I'd give one a go today and this is what happened. Do you think it's positive? I've had a couple from a different brand look nearly positive but then my temp doesn't do anything to imply that I've ovulated so I think my body might have geared up to O but never got there. Hope this is a sign O is on the way but don't want to get my hopes up. Fingers crossed!

I'd say you're close. Try holding your urine for another 4 hrs and see if it isn't darker. Also keep your eyes open for a rise in temp over the next 3 or so days. I hope this is O for you. Looks good.

Looks positive to me, I would get BD'ing! I hope you O this time.

I had a lot of near positives and never o'ed as well this cycle so I know the feeling. If you don't O soon I would go to your dr. and see if you can get help.

Haha so true, but even then I don't know if I will ever relax, I just think it is in my nature! Are you still feeling sick today?

That is good to know the ultra sound isnt crazy expensive. I barely have any cramping during AF just mild cramps during the first day for about an hour or two. I do get random very mild cramping throughout my cycle so not sure what that means. I hope you are right though and I don't have any cysts that are out of the norm. I think it is normal to have a cyst or two every cycle that are small and they usually dissapate on their own so hopefully that is the most they will find and it won't require bcp.

At this point I am just anxious to start the clomid as I don't think I will have a normal length cycle without it. But the earliest I will be able to start it will likely be Juneish because I would have to start yet another cycle to take it. Which means I may have to do the provera again :wacko:

I hope you don't have to wait too long Rachel and I hope everything they give you works wonders.
I am still queasy but not vomitting. I think it gets worse in the afternoon and goes away in the evening. The more I eat the more I bloat, but if I don't eat I feel more sick. I'm worried that maybe this isn't morning sickness at all. I kinda want a very distinct symptom to know that baby is growing and healthy. My symptoms are very all over the place and the only one that is constant is the breast pain. It's always there but sometimes they are very sore and sometimes they are a little sore.
My whole family basically knows know too...lol Hope baby is ok. I wish I could stop worrying. I know I'll feel better for a little while after I hear the heartbeat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->