Anyone who is ttc having trouble with their cycles due to previous bc use?

I don't think any symptom of lack of symptoms means anything bad to be honest. I have a few friends that were pregnant recently that never had sickness or many symptoms at all the first tri and only had tiredness and they all have had their babies and they are all healthy so I wouldnt let symptoms or lack of worry you hun :hugs:

I see what you are saying, because you are trying to spend as little as possible that makes sense. I am wondering why my dr. said I would have to do BCP for three months to shrink down the cysts before starting clomid, do you think that is necessary before starting clomid? I REALLY don't want to do that :( Let's just hope I don't have cysts.

I wonder how much the ultra sound will cost. We kinda have to watch our expenses as well, I do have health insurance but we have a health saving account so it is a high deductible plan, meaning we do have to spend a lot out of pocket up front. I am wonder how expensive this will get. Last year I had to get an endoscopy done because I have chronic heartburn and that cost $1200! health care costs in the US are so screwed up and needs to be fixed asap.

Yeah, my doctor mentioned maybe putting me on BCP for a month, but then he was like, "that didn't seem to regulate you before, so that probably isn't a good route." I was so relieved he rethought that before I even said anything. I am so glad he actually wants to get the ball rolling instead of making me wait. I have zero cramps ever, except back in december when I ovulated for the first time in almost a year. When I used to have regular periods I NEVER had cramps, so I don't think I have cysts... I would feel SOMETHING if I had cysts right? I mean I guess they could be there and I wouldn't know it... but I always thought that cysts give you cramps. <<< Confused

So glad things seem to be moving forward for some of us instead of being at a stand still, hopefully we can all figure it out and join imsotired before the end of this summer.

I see what you are saying, because you are trying to spend as little as possible that makes sense. I am wondering why my dr. said I would have to do BCP for three months to shrink down the cysts before starting clomid, do you think that is necessary before starting clomid? I REALLY don't want to do that :( Let's just hope I don't have cysts.

I wonder how much the ultra sound will cost. We kinda have to watch our expenses as well, I do have health insurance but we have a health saving account so it is a high deductible plan, meaning we do have to spend a lot out of pocket up front. I am wonder how expensive this will get. Last year I had to get an endoscopy done because I have chronic heartburn and that cost $1200! health care costs in the US are so screwed up and needs to be fixed asap.

Yeah, my doctor mentioned maybe putting me on BCP for a month, but then he was like, "that didn't seem to regulate you before, so that probably isn't a good route." I was so relieved he rethought that before I even said anything. I am so glad he actually wants to get the ball rolling instead of making me wait. I have zero cramps ever, except back in december when I ovulated for the first time in almost a year. When I used to have regular periods I NEVER had cramps, so I don't think I have cysts... I would feel SOMETHING if I had cysts right? I mean I guess they could be there and I wouldn't know it... but I always thought that cysts give you cramps. <<< Confused

So glad things seem to be moving forward for some of us instead of being at a stand still, hopefully we can all figure it out and join imsotired before the end of this summer.

I think that cramping and pelvic pain are common when you have cysts and I know that it is possible to have little or no cramps with cysts because everyone is different, but I think it is a lot less unlikely. Just as I have always have bad cramps, a few times very severe, yet I don't have cysts. I think if you did have them that you might have a sneaking suspicion. I hope that isn't the case for either of you. The only reason the doctor would put you back on the pill would be to shrink the cysts or try to regulate you which has clearly not helped in the past because when you came off it certainly didn't regulate anything. I would see if there were ANY another choice before ever touching a contraceptive pill again. My guess is being on the pill has made your bodies lazy, slow, or confused. I think it could certainly screw up someones body long term. I am so happy that your doctors both seem to be cooperating and I just know with their help you will gt your bfps soon!:hugs:

I think that cramping and pelvic pain are common when you have cysts and I know that it is possible to have little or no cramps with cysts because everyone is different, but I think it is a lot less unlikely. Just as I have always have bad cramps, a few times very severe, yet I don't have cysts. I think if you did have them that you might have a sneaking suspicion. I hope that isn't the case for either of you. The only reason the doctor would put you back on the pill would be to shrink the cysts or try to regulate you which has clearly not helped in the past because when you came off it certainly didn't regulate anything. I would see if there were ANY another choice before ever touching a contraceptive pill again. My guess is being on the pill has made your bodies lazy, slow, or confused. I think it could certainly screw up someones body long term. I am so happy that your doctors both seem to be cooperating and I just know with their help you will gt your bfps soon!:hugs:

I hope so! I was very happy that my doctor seemed so positive that we should be able to make it happen pretty quickly and is willing to jump start it all fast. Just crossing my fingers that all my tests come back normal, or that it's just a simple tweak or minor drug that I have to take to fix my issues. I hope it's just the BCP that threw me off so bad, but you never know, I did have irregular periods before BCP, but I had the opposite problem from what is happening now, I used to have two periods a month, and now I am having two periods in one year! I just hope that my job keeps distracting me, because two weeks for blood results could feel like forever if I don't have lots of distractions.

Ok, guess I should join the party here.

I was on Yaz for 8 years. And ortho-tri-cyclen lo for a couple during those 8. Before that I was on Alesse for about 2 years. I did take 2 breaks for about 5 months each time during these times.

I just quit BC for purposes of TTC in March. Glad I started temping bc I missed my LH surge (either my urine was too diluted - I exercise a lot daily - or my sleep cycles were too messed up and it happened while I was asleep). My BBT chart showed a slight dip and then a major spike and the temp has remained high - which is giving me hope that I have enough progesterone.

I've had incredibly long cycles on Yaz - 66 and 77 day cycles prior to March 14 (CD1). I started Vitex in January and it seems to be helping a lot. I'm also taking baby Aspirin and a B-complex vitamin with Folic acid. I am doubtful I will have issues with my LP, because I'm not supposed to get AF until April 26-29 (CD40-something). I O'd on CD25. We bd 4 days prior to that not TTC but just for fun, and then did bd TTC on April 8, 36 hours after I O'd, hopefully in time to get my egg before it broke down.

I've read through a lot of this thread and Yaz seems to be a common theme among people having trouble conceiving. I also would like to echo sentiments that I HATE THAT OBGYNs DON'T warn their patients about how long-term use of BC can fuck with your cycles badly. It's almost malpractice in my opinion. They should be required to tell their patients this. UGH! /rant

So, hi everyone :waves:

silmarien-
I was on yaz for only a year or two and when I came off I was, and still am, a mess! In my opinion, it is by far the worse pill you can take. The P.A. at the doctor's office was who prescribed it to me. She talked about it like it was some sort of miracle drug or something that I was actually excited to begin taking it! I decided to stop taking it in May of 2011 because I wanted to ttc and knew it may take a few months to regulate. I'm glad I came off it when I did because I just began to normalize the cycle before this one. Your cycles seem to be really strange and messy, unlike mine (but everyone is different) that were on and off long. I took vitex and dieted(cause I gained near 30 lbs on the pill and continues to gain afterward, I was on other meds as well)and after about 8/12 weeks I saw normal 28 day cycles. It's good to know that you are O'ing though. I didn't start tracking O until January technically so I'm not even sure I O'd every cycle. I finally got my bfp on my second normal cycle. I hope it doesn't take you 9 or 10 months like it took me, but be aware that it might. Good luck!

Took my last provera pill last night and AF showed this morning :happydance: It seems funny to be happy about AF :rofl:

What is strange though is that typically AF won't show for a few days after your last pill. I mean since I took the last one last night I technically haven't even missed a dose yet so the progesterone should still be in my system, and my temp is still high. Oh well I guess I should just be happy I can start my new cycle sooner than later!

Took my last provera pill last night and AF showed this morning :happydance: It seems funny to be happy about AF :rofl:

What is strange though is that typically AF won't show for a few days after your last pill. I mean since I took the last one last night I technically haven't even missed a dose yet so the progesterone should still be in my system, and my temp is still high. Oh well I guess I should just be happy I can start my new cycle sooner than later!

Congrats Rachel! I hope it works out well for you!

I had some spotting after sex and it was a bit red, not a lot but it was def red. I am going in tomorrow. I am absolutely terrified. The doctore said it was probably just from the sex but I should take it easy and they'll take a look tomorrow. So nervous but holding out a little bit of hope:cry:.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Woo hoo! Yay for periods... well at least for those of us that haven't had one in a long time. TMI, but I had some weird thick snotty like cm yesterday with a slight color of old blood, and today I have had some slight cramps for a few seconds. Maybe I will start my period on my own. I don't know, just waiting on my blood test results to see what the next step is.

lovetoteach-I hope that is a good sign and you can get AF on your own :)

imsotired-I think it is really common to have spotting early in pregnancy especially after sex. I know it is hard but I would try your best to relax because stressing isnt helpful. I hope and am sure you will get good news at the dr. that it was nothing. Keep us posted :hugs:

Thanks Rachel. I went in to the doctor today and unfortunatly the ultrasound tech was ill so I couldn't get a sono.:dohh: The doctor checked my for infection and I got bloodwork that will be in tomorrow morning. The doctor seems to think it was cervical bledding and didn't bother the uterus or baby at all. He tells me I shouldn't worry but I was an absolute wreck all day. I came home and took a nice long nap. The doc also said to take it easy the rest of the week and not to have sex for 2 weeks at least to let the cervix tighten back up. It's so hard not to stress!!! I won't feel better until I hear/see baby'ss heartbeat on Wed. Then I hope to relax a bit for a while.

Hope everyone is doing great.

I am sure the dr. is right and you don't need to worry. I am looking forward to hearing how your appointment goes on wednesday! :happydance:

I had implantation bleeding for 2 days and it's just winding down tonight. I was afraid it was VERY early AF (who isn't supposed to come til April 26), but it was light pinkish and NONE of my periods have EVER been light pink, always brownish red. And the flow starts heavy not light.

Anyway, cross your fingers for me ladies. I really hope this one is a keeper!

I wish lots of dust :dust: to you all!

I'll be testing in about 5 days. I tested today bc I'm impatient but BFN, it's prob too early.

I'm stepping in for a little rant. I hope you girls don't mind.... So DH told MIL that I had the bleeding and that I was a nervous wreck which would be fine but she is a worse worrier than I am and now she's calling me and texting to me and she brought me flowers. She's trying to make me feel better which I appreciate but what she's really doing is bringing in back to the surface as I try to supress the stress and relax. The relaxing is proving difficult but having someone worry after me is adding to my stress. My own mother isn't even stressing after me. She is just keeping her fingers crossed for good news. I understand it is also a difficult time for them but I am prone to anxiety and I worry about the effects it is having on the baby as I continually freak out! Just had to get that off of my chest as I am upset right now! Also, what kind of stress am I in store for if I were to lose the baby? Would she be calling me up constantly reminding me of my failed pregnancy? I don't know if I'd be able to handle that.

I got blood levels taken yesterday and the results are in today. The nurse didn't tell me the # but she told me that the doctor was happy with the results. I feel a little better but I won't be happy until I get tomorrows blood results and sonogram with a heartbeat. It's funny that all I wanted to do was get pregnant and then once you do it is by far more stressful than ttc ever was! I just hope there is no reason to worry.

Anyway, how is everybody else?

Rachel, did AF come heavier this time now that it has come? More like normal than the light ones you have been having?

Of course we don't mind if you rant that's what were here for! We all need to rant from time to time. That is good news that your dr. was happy with the results. I am sure your MIL thinks she is being helpful although I can see how that would be stressful for you. But as you mentioned it is not healthy to be having anxiety so try your best to relax. I am sure you will feel better after your appointment tomorrow :thumbup:

This AF is just about the same as my other AFs, maybe even a little lighter. Not sure what that's about, maybe that is just normal for me and I should just be grateful! :haha:

My appointment is in 10 days! :happydance: It just sucks that even if all is clear and I can get clomid I will still have to wait God knows how long until I start a new cycle again until I can start the clomid :wacko: I am sick of waiting, all I do is wait wait wait...And now after a nasty side effect from the provera I refuse to go back on it. TMI warning in advance but for the past week straight I have been constipated with severe gas pains off and on all day. I have never experienced anything like this in my life. I read the side effects of provera and researched it online and no one else had this issue and it wasn't listed as a side effect, but I know it HAD to be from the provera it would just be too much of a coicidence.

Of course we don't mind if you rant that's what were here for! We all need to rant from time to time. That is good news that your dr. was happy with the results. I am sure your MIL thinks she is being helpful although I can see how that would be stressful for you. But as you mentioned it is not healthy to be having anxiety so try your best to relax. I am sure you will feel better after your appointment tomorrow :thumbup:

This AF is just about the same as my other AFs, maybe even a little lighter. Not sure what that's about, maybe that is just normal for me and I should just be grateful! :haha:

My appointment is in 10 days! :happydance: It just sucks that even if all is clear and I can get clomid I will still have to wait God knows how long until I start a new cycle again until I can start the clomid :wacko: I am sick of waiting, all I do is wait wait wait...And now after a nasty side effect from the provera I refuse to go back on it. TMI warning in advance but for the past week straight I have been constipated with severe gas pains off and on all day. I have never experienced anything like this in my life. I read the side effects of provera and researched it online and no one else had this issue and it wasn't listed as a side effect, but I know it HAD to be from the provera it would just be too much of a coicidence.

Hmmm. Maybe it is provera and it is just having a different effect on you. I hope it all goes well for you and the pains go away. And maybe your AFs are really just naturally light. Maybe you'll get llucky and this cycle will be a shorter one. I hope that's the case.:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->