Anyone who is ttc having trouble with their cycles due to previous bc use?

Of course we don't mind if you rant that's what were here for! We all need to rant from time to time. That is good news that your dr. was happy with the results. I am sure your MIL thinks she is being helpful although I can see how that would be stressful for you. But as you mentioned it is not healthy to be having anxiety so try your best to relax. I am sure you will feel better after your appointment tomorrow :thumbup:

This AF is just about the same as my other AFs, maybe even a little lighter. Not sure what that's about, maybe that is just normal for me and I should just be grateful! :haha:

My appointment is in 10 days! :happydance: It just sucks that even if all is clear and I can get clomid I will still have to wait God knows how long until I start a new cycle again until I can start the clomid :wacko: I am sick of waiting, all I do is wait wait wait...And now after a nasty side effect from the provera I refuse to go back on it. TMI warning in advance but for the past week straight I have been constipated with severe gas pains off and on all day. I have never experienced anything like this in my life. I read the side effects of provera and researched it online and no one else had this issue and it wasn't listed as a side effect, but I know it HAD to be from the provera it would just be too much of a coicidence.

Hi Ladies-
I have a question regarding Clomid, are you concerned with having twins being on Clomid? I am in the process of having a TR, and I'm 41 and the nurse said there may be a chance of me having to go on Clomid, but I'm scared... i just want one, we'll take two but prefer just one lol.

I hope so too, but not getting my hopes up I can't stand anymore disappointment. I really wanted to try soy this cycle so I would have a better chance at a shorter cycle but I was afraid it would skew any further testing my dr. may want to do this cycle.

I hope so too, but not getting my hopes up I can't stand anymore disappointment. I really wanted to try soy this cycle so I would have a better chance at a shorter cycle but I was afraid it would skew any further testing my dr. may want to do this cycle.

I'm pretty sure that soy does the same thing as clomid and clomid is tested and probably more likely to work for you. So you are right to not to take it. I hope this cycle is short and you can start clomid soon if that is what the doctor decides. Perhaps it will be soon that you get your bfp! How exciting!

CTS I have heard it ups your chances of twins from 1% to 10% so you still have a 90% chance of having one. I also am scared of twins, if it happens I will still be thrilled don't get me wrong, but I would prefer to just have one for now :)

I'm pretty sure that soy does the same thing as clomid and clomid is tested and probably more likely to work for you. So you are right to not to take it. I hope this cycle is short and you can start clomid soon if that is what the doctor decides. Perhaps it will be soon that you get your bfp! How exciting!

I know it is exciting! I just need to keep myself focused on that. It would be amazing to go on clomid and O at a normal time, it would be my first normal cycle in my whole life. Hopefully we can be bump buddies soon :happydance:

I am scared of twins if I have to go on clomid, but if I am part of that 10% twin category then I would still be more than happy with two bundles of joy. I'm nervous for provera and clomid or anything else I may or may not have to take, but I have been waiting so long for my cycles to regulate I am ready for the help. I am tired of waiting to concieve, and that is where we are at right now because there really isn't a point to trying right now when I am on day 1,000,000 of this cycle. There is no way we could have sex every other day for 100 something days, that is just nuts. Can't wait to figure my cycles out, but I am a little nervous to know if something is wrong with me.

lovetoteach, I know you have probably said this over and over, but when did you stop bc? I would be going crazy if my cycle was as long as yours. I am so frustrated right now being on CD21 and having no signs O is even near.

From what I have been reading on other threads, it looks like here in the UK they might not test me for anything until I have been off bc for two years, and i do not know how I can possibly wait that long for someone to check if something is wrong :( Something has to be going on for my cycles to suddenly get really long

RMSH,That's AWFUL they make you wait til you've been off BC for 2 years! If I were you I'd se a different doctor and NOT tell them about the BC. It's worth it if it'll get you the extra help you need!

I am having an issue - I don't know when to expect AF since I JUST came off BC in March. My immediate prior cycles on Yaz (I hate Yaz:growlmad:) were 66 and 77 days.

I had light bleeding/spotting that was LIGHT PINK for about 36 hours on 8-9DPO, then it stopped. Then yesterday at 10DPO I was checking my cervix and my finger had some blood on it, but only a couple drops reached my pantyliner. I checked my cervix later and NO blood, just a LOT of CM.

Implantation bleeding? BC weirdness? Am I just trying to rationalize myself into false hopes I could be pregnant? I attached my BBT chart it it helps. It's still above the post-O line: my temps haven't gone back down to pre-O levels yet. I'm hoping I'm pregnant, but its too soon to test if that was IB.

Any advice would be helpful. I appreciate it. :cry:

Attachments

• mychart-UPDATE 2011-04-18.jpg
    mychart-UPDATE 2011-04-18.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 0
Unfortunately just changing doctor wont help for me, the NHS here have a system where your records will be available to whatever doctor I changed to. So they will know I only stopped in June last year. I am hoping I can swindle some tests though as I have multi nodular goitre, so that will at least get my thyroid hormones checked, and will see if my doc will be nice and add on some other tests too. I was looking at taking soy, but one of the first things I read is that soy is not good for anyone with thyroid problems, so that is not an option for me :(

You could have had implantation bleeding, i think you just have to play the waiting game to see if temps stay up. If it was IB, you wont get a BFP for a few days

I am scared of twins if I have to go on clomid, but if I am part of that 10% twin category then I would still be more than happy with two bundles of joy. I'm nervous for provera and clomid or anything else I may or may not have to take, but I have been waiting so long for my cycles to regulate I am ready for the help. I am tired of waiting to concieve, and that is where we are at right now because there really isn't a point to trying right now when I am on day 1,000,000 of this cycle. There is no way we could have sex every other day for 100 something days, that is just nuts. Can't wait to figure my cycles out, but I am a little nervous to know if something is wrong with me.

I am also am nervous for clomid-I really didn't want to have to go this route but having 2 month long cycles make TTC so hard and I really don't want to wait around for years for this to happen since I have half the amount of tries as a normal person. So at this point I am more than willing to take the clomid and hope it's my miracle drug.

rmsh-how were your cycles pre bcp?

From what i remember they were 34-36 days, just like they were when I stopped bc this time around. I have been searching and searching for something natural to take to try to get O just a little earlier, but there really does not seem to be much

Maybe this is just temporary and you will get back on track. Some people swear by vitex it takes up to 3+ months to work. I tried it for over 3 months straight and saw no improvement, in fact my last cycle was my longest one yet. I don't think the vitex made it longer but I ended up stopping the vitex because I didn't see any difference. But many people have success with it. Actually I probably would have continued it regardless because I hear it can even take as long as 6 months but since my dr. mentioned putting me on clomid I figured I should stop the vitex ahead of time since they counteract each other that way it has time to get out of my system.

I will do a little more research on vitex. Figure I will give myself one more cycle after this to see what happens (if this cycle HAS an end), and I will have been to the doc then too, so might print out some vitex info for then

I will do a little more research on vitex. Figure I will give myself one more cycle after this to see what happens (if this cycle HAS an end), and I will have been to the doc then too, so might print out some vitex info for then

I think vitex really did the trick for me. I think it began to regulate me after the 8-12 week period suggested on the bottle. I had a 72 day cycle- I began to take it on approx cd56 or so of that cycle, then I had a forty something one, and then a 28day one and then I got my bfp (in what would have been another normal 28 day cycle). I don't think it works for everyone but I think it did work for me. I bought it at the local health food store and I took 1200 mg a day in the capsule form. It is an herb and I don't think it has many side effects. Definately look into it. The doctors don't usually approve as it is an herb and isn't overly studied. My doctor laughed at me when I told him I took it as he thought it was unnecessry. I know it helped though, and it certainly didn't hurt me any.

I had my appt today. Baby measures 6w3d so it is a few days behind because I'm 6w6d today. It has a strong heartbeat though at 122bpm. Doctor thinks baby is strong and healthy so I'm hoping to have no further problems if DH and I take it easy with the sex. I am certainly going to continue to baby myself. I have been lucky enough to not have any vomitting yet and just some nausea. Hoping it continues to be mild and baby stays healthy, Definately a relief. It's still tough not to worry a bit though.

Hope everyone is doing well today!:flower:

Hey ladies. Sorry not been around in ages. I am pleased to say that I got another BFP!! Hoping it;s not another chemical!!

With regard to Oing earlier. I have found that B100complex and vitex really helped me out. Also as my LP was short I used natural progesterone (Emirita Progest) for on cycle and I wonder whether it helped to kick start my hormonal balance. Since that cycle (I also started B complex that cycle) my cycles improved.

Good luck!

Here is a pic of my lovely uterus with a little bean inside!

Attachments

• 04-18-2012 10;35;22AM.jpg
    04-18-2012 10;35;22AM.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 7
Hey ladies. Sorry not been around in ages. I am pleased to say that I got another BFP!! Hoping it;s not another chemical!!

With regard to Oing earlier. I have found that B100complex and vitex really helped me out. Also as my LP was short I used natural progesterone (Emirita Progest) for on cycle and I wonder whether it helped to kick start my hormonal balance. Since that cycle (I also started B complex that cycle) my cycles improved.

Good luck!

Congrats Bean! Wishing you the best sticky bean!!! My Edd is Dec 6th according to my lmp but Dec 9th according to scan. Doctor left it at the 6th. Will you also be due in Dec?

Thats great news! I knew everything would be just fine, now you should relax and enjoy your pregnancy :)

Thanks ladies.

That's a lovely scan - Imsotired!!

From O, which is more accurate I'm due 29th December. From LMP I'm due on 25th December!! I hope it sticks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->