Anyone who is ttc having trouble with their cycles due to previous bc use?

Eh, it's almost positive. How long did you wait before you took the pic? Because mine often got darker a few minutes after.I'd say you are gonna O in the next week or so. Hopefully within a few days. Maybe you will continue getting dark opks for 3 or 4 days even. Bd like usual every other night or something and have fun! You never know, this cycle could be it! I wouldn't bother taking opks if it's stressing you out. I'd say they are close though they aren't too light compared to the first. Just keep your eyes open for a temp shift and you never know you might just bd at the perfect time! I am really routing for you.

I'd just like to say I HATE YAZ and it's foreign brand name counterparts.

I'm on CD41 and I quit that evil stuff in March. No AF in sight. I WANT AF! OR A POSITIVE HPT! Neither seem to be working for me.

I wish my doctor had warned me about this. I plan to fib and tell her DH and I have been trying for a year so we get the bloodwork done and aren't told that "Wait 3 months and come back" BS. Seriously, if you gotta fib to get necessary help, do it. The rules about having to try for a year before they'll even help you even if your cycles are 40+ days long and before BC they were 30 days long, is RIDICULOUS.

I'm on CD41 and I quit that evil stuff in March. No AF in sight. I WANT AF! OR A POSITIVE HPT! Neither seem to be working for me.

I wish my doctor had warned me about this. I plan to fib and tell her DH and I have been trying for a year so we get the bloodwork done and aren't told that "Wait 3 months and come back" BS. Seriously, if you gotta fib to get necessary help, do it. The rules about having to try for a year before they'll even help you even if your cycles are 40+ days long and before BC they were 30 days long, is RIDICULOUS.

I know. My cycles where 29-32 days before yaz. After yaz I had my reg withdrawl bleed in May. Then in June I had a 29 day cycle...thought nothing was wrong. Then I skipped July and had a period in August after 63 or so days. Sept and Oct both came on cd33 so I thought I had normalized. Then I skipped Nov and had a Dec period after 72 days or so. I nearly went mad! In Dec I began to diet, excersise, and take vitamins including Bcomplex100 and vitex. I stopped the B after I found a prenatal I liked. I again skipped Jan and Got AF after 40 some days at the beginnig of Feb. But I was charting by then and realized I O'd on cd16 which gave me a 28 day cycle. The next cycle I O'd on cd16 agian and got my bfp!!!AHHHH!What a crazy crazy ride. Hope you have better luck then I did! Yaz os def one of the worst pills to take. My hair is still falling out from coming off of it. I also was bloated, emotional, got acne, it was terrible.

silmarien I have only been TTC 8 months and started TTC right after I quit the pill and my dr. didn't turn me away. It is worth a try, the trick is go on there complaining about irregular cycles don't mention TTC because they are trained to say come back after one year. When I told my dr. I was there because of my cycles she said well if you aren't TTC I would say just go back on the pill and I said well actually that is a whole other issue because I am TTC and she instantly wanted bloodwork ultrasound and was already talking clomid she didn't have that I hadnt been TTC for a year yet.

I know. My cycles where 29-32 days before yaz. After yaz I had my reg withdrawl bleed in May. Then in June I had a 29 day cycle...thought nothing was wrong. Then I skipped July and had a period in August after 63 or so days. Sept and Oct both came on cd33 so I thought I had normalized. Then I skipped Nov and had a Dec period after 72 days or so. I nearly went mad! In Dec I began to diet, excersise, and take vitamins including Bcomplex100 and vitex. I stopped the B after I found a prenatal I liked. I again skipped Jan and Got AF after 40 some days at the beginnig of Feb. But I was charting by then and realized I O'd on cd16 which gave me a 28 day cycle. The next cycle I O'd on cd16 agian and got my bfp!!!AHHHH!What a crazy crazy ride. Hope you have better luck then I did! Yaz os def one of the worst pills to take. My hair is still falling out from coming off of it. I also was bloated, emotional, got acne, it was terrible.

Gosh, I'm sorry! I hope I have a success story like yours, eventually! Haven't had any horrible acne, hair falling out, or weight gain I can't lose, or those low progesterone symptom stuff.

Anybody know anything about high prolactin levels? I seriously have no idea what's wrong with me, estrogen and progesterone seem okay, I just don't know anything about prolactin and what it's supposed to do and I want A REASON THAT I'M SO F-ED UP, ya know? Sorry guys :(

Eh, it's almost positive. How long did you wait before you took the pic? Because mine often got darker a few minutes after.I'd say you are gonna O in the next week or so. Hopefully within a few days. Maybe you will continue getting dark opks for 3 or 4 days even. Bd like usual every other night or something and have fun! You never know, this cycle could be it! I wouldn't bother taking opks if it's stressing you out. I'd say they are close though they aren't too light compared to the first. Just keep your eyes open for a temp shift and you never know you might just bd at the perfect time! I am really routing for you.

Yea well honestly the almost positive is the story of my life that's why I am not worrying about it too much and I am going to lay off the opks again until after my appointment, I just felt like taking one today and I should have just stopped at one because now I am just left confused the last one looks reallly close if not positive but the others don't so who knows, it is likely a false alarm though because it would be too weird for me to all of the sudden O before CD14 when my earliest o in my life so far was cd 24. I will keep BD'ing every other day and see what comes of this and I guess I will start getting consistent with temping again at least for the next few days just in case something is going on.

silmarien I have only been TTC 8 months and started TTC right after I quit the pill and my dr. didn't turn me away. It is worth a try, the trick is go on there complaining about irregular cycles don't mention TTC because they are trained to say come back after one year. When I told my dr. I was there because of my cycles she said well if you aren't TTC I would say just go back on the pill and I said well actually that is a whole other issue because I am TTC and she instantly wanted bloodwork ultrasound and was already talking clomid she didn't have that I hadnt been TTC for a year yet.

Thanks so much! I will go in to my PCP and try that. I appreciate the advice!

I am just terrified of getting the standard "Oh, whatever, it hasn't been EXACTLY ONE YEAR (checks stopwatch) YET EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE NEARING 30 AND IF YOU HAVE PCOS WE WON'T START TO TREAT THAT TILL IT'S ALMOST GETTING TOO LATE!" speech.
:cry:

PCP=Primary care phsyician, correct? Obviously every dr. is different but when I went to my primary care dr. about this a couple months ago he totally blew me off but when I went to see my gyno she was more than willing to help.

PCP=Primary care phsyician, correct? Obviously every dr. is different but when I went to my primary care dr. about this a couple months ago he totally blew me off but when I went to see my gyno she was more than willing to help.

Yes PCP = primary care physician, sorry! My PCP is very cool, however, whereas my OBGYN is more "by the book".

Sorry, I know how you feel, it's been 15 months since I got of BCP and my cycles are STILL basically nonexistant, meaning I can go more than 6 months at a time with no AF in sight. Just went to the doctor and once I get the blood results back he plans on medicating me asap because I have been waiting so long to get my cycle back on track. The only reason he is helping me and not making me wait a year of ttc though is because he is helping me under the context of both getting my cycles back on track and getting pregnant hopefully at the same time. I hope you don't have to wait nearly as long as me to get back on track. I took a billion pregnancy tests over the past year.

CD27, no ovulation in site. The vitex is looking better and better with each passing day :cry:

Gosh, I'm sorry! I hope I have a success story like yours, eventually! Haven't had any horrible acne, hair falling out, or weight gain I can't lose, or those low progesterone symptom stuff.

Anybody know anything about high prolactin levels? I seriously have no idea what's wrong with me, estrogen and progesterone seem okay, I just don't know anything about prolactin and what it's supposed to do and I want A REASON THAT I'M SO F-ED UP, ya know? Sorry guys :(

The acne and hair loss started 4 to 5 months after the birth control. I think It might have begun when I started ovulating again. I can't be sure because I wasn't charting at the time. It has since gotten a bit better but it's still there and it's taken forever (or so it seems). The nurse at the ob/gyn told me it had nothing to do with bc! But then a different nurse (at the same place) told me that your body goes through a hormone withdrawl after coming off of the pill much like after a woman gives birth.

I got bloodwork in December and everthing came back normal. I don't know if they checked prolactin. All I know about it is it's regulated by the pituitary and it causes lactation. I hope you can get the doctor to help you out.

I hope everybody is doing well.

Lovetoteach when do you go back to the doctor?Did you call for your test results?

Rachel, I think if you keep up the temping just to see when you O, so you know for future reference, I wouldn't worry about opks. I do hope you O at a fairly normal time though!

I'm doing ok. Not many symptoms this morning yet. I can't figure out this whole pregnancy symptom thing. It's very stressful not knowing what's going on it there! Hope my blueberry is growing healthy! That's all I can do it hope!

CD27, had my first bit of EWCM today, so hopefully O is on its way.

Oh and booked a long weekend to Rome, need a holiday!

CD27, had my first bit of EWCM today, so hopefully O is on its way.

Oh and booked a long weekend to Rome, need a holiday!

Good you deserve it!

Just so you feel better, I didn't O till CD25, so you could definitely O any day.

Baby dust to you, or should I say O dust? BOTH! :)
:dust: :O dust:

Glad to hear you are doing ok today imsotired. I am sure your little blueberry is doing just fine. :)

rmsh-that is great news about the ewcm, I bet o will be here before you know it!

imsotired I am just going to keep temping and lay off the opks again for a bit, all they really do is confuse the hell out of me :wacko:

Lovetoteach when do you go back to the doctor?Did you call for your test results?

Rachel, I think if you keep up the temping just to see when you O, so you know for future reference, I wouldn't worry about opks. I do hope you O at a fairly normal time though!

I'm doing ok. Not many symptoms this morning yet. I can't figure out this whole pregnancy symptom thing. It's very stressful not knowing what's going on it there! Hope my blueberry is growing healthy! That's all I can do it hope!

It's only been 8 business days since I got my blood work done, if it's going by 7-10 days or two weeks, then it's barely even in that time limit. I need to call them and tell them my cholesterol level that I got back from giving blood though, so I will probably call tomorrow. Doubt they have any results back. I haven't even gotten the bill yet, I am assuming they will bill me after they run the tests, so no bill most likely means no tests yet.

It's only been 8 business days since I got my blood work done, if it's going by 7-10 days or two weeks, then it's barely even in that time limit. I need to call them and tell them my cholesterol level that I got back from giving blood though, so I will probably call tomorrow. Doubt they have any results back. I haven't even gotten the bill yet, I am assuming they will bill me after they run the tests, so no bill most likely means no tests yet.

I don't know how it works where you are but the hospitals' billing dept is always late.I sometimes don't get the bill for three months or so. Or maybe that's because they go through insurance first? So that might not be a problem for you and you might get it sooner. As for the results it just depends on the lab. Technically the results could be in within days but the doctor might not check the posting until the 2 week mark to give the lab enough time in case they are busy. So I'm sure you won't have to wait much longer anyway. I'd call Friday and see if they are in.

As for me today...My only symptom is sore breasts. My nausea isn't anywhere in sight. I'm so worried about it! Everyone is always going on about how symptoms are good and mean a viable pregnancy so where are mine!? I'll be 8 weeks tomorrow and everyone is always going on about their therrible morning sickness. I have nothing the last 4 days! Grrr! It's so frustrating not being able to see the baby and know that he or she is still healthy and growing! My next ultrasound isn't until May 30th!

How is everybody else doing...?

oops... didn't mean to post this here. BUT I was thinking I love it when old threads are revived and the original posters who were TTC are now pregnant! Makes my day :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->