Anyone who is ttc having trouble with their cycles due to previous bc use?

Sitting here bored out of my mind waiting for well over an hour once again for my Dr. It is enough to make me want to find a new one :growlmad:

That's the worst when you go to the doctor and you have to wait. Like you aren't anxious enough going to the doctor then you have to wait! Good luck and let us know what they say!

MY APPOINTMENT WENT GREAT!! :happydance: :thumbup:

They did a transvaginal ultrasound and my drs words were "your ovaries look beautiful" :haha:

She said she only saw a couple small cysts but that was normal. The bloodwork they took was for prolactin, LH, FSH and she said all looked great! She thinks that this may just be how my body is. While I would like a reason for it, I am still happy to know nothing is wrong.

She said she still reccomends the BCP for 2-3 months prior to the clomid because it gives your ovaries a rest and will get rid of the few cysts I have and make me more fertile. She said they usually have more success that way and that I can only do clomid for 6 cycles no matter what. I told her I was really against BCP and wanted to at least try a couple cycles and if I am not reacting then maybe discuss the BCP route. She was ok with it but did let me know BCP wasn't a bad thing and they use it as a fertility treatment which I found strange. I didn't say anything to her but I was thinking in my head I was on BCP for 12 years my ovaries were more than rested and I wasn't fertile afterward obviously because I never got pregnant!

Sooooooo I got my prescription for clomid. She said looking at my ultrasound I had multiple really small follicles and that I wasn't going to be O'ing anytime in the near future. So she wants me to start provera on CD 15 which is in two days so we can mimic a 28 day type cycle then she wants me to start clomid on CD5-9 then I will come in on CD 14 for a scan to see how things are looking.

I am soooooooo excited and nervous to get this process going, it is happening so soon!!! :happydance::headspin::wohoo::loopy::dance:

:hugs:

Yay Rachel! Now sit back and relax til you start the provera, have a drink
:wine: (It is Friday) and celebrate that you are going to get ovulation going!

:dust:
:yipee: :headspin: :yipee: :wohoo: :loopy: :wohoo:

ohhhhhhhhhhhh hell yea I am def having some drinks tonight, we were planning on going out for happy hour either way so now I have a reason to celebrate :)

:wine::drunk::beer:

Have one (or 5) for me! I am in the TWW so am abstaining from alcohol

Great appt Rachel! I'm sure you will get that bfp in no time now! I'm glad that you sidesteped that bcp for now. Hopefully you won't need to go down that route anyway and you'll get your bfp before they chose to do that! Good Luck! Oh and have a few drinks for me too! My birthday is a week today and I won't be doing much celebrating (drinking):winkwink:. lol

MY APPOINTMENT WENT GREAT!! :happydance: :thumbup:

They did a transvaginal ultrasound and my drs words were "your ovaries look beautiful" :haha:

She said she only saw a couple small cysts but that was normal. The bloodwork they took was for prolactin, LH, FSH and she said all looked great! She thinks that this may just be how my body is. While I would like a reason for it, I am still happy to know nothing is wrong.

She said she still reccomends the BCP for 2-3 months prior to the clomid because it gives your ovaries a rest and will get rid of the few cysts I have and make me more fertile. She said they usually have more success that way and that I can only do clomid for 6 cycles no matter what. I told her I was really against BCP and wanted to at least try a couple cycles and if I am not reacting then maybe discuss the BCP route. She was ok with it but did let me know BCP wasn't a bad thing and they use it as a fertility treatment which I found strange. I didn't say anything to her but I was thinking in my head I was on BCP for 12 years my ovaries were more than rested and I wasn't fertile afterward obviously because I never got pregnant!

Sooooooo I got my prescription for clomid. She said looking at my ultrasound I had multiple really small follicles and that I wasn't going to be O'ing anytime in the near future. So she wants me to start provera on CD 15 which is in two days so we can mimic a 28 day type cycle then she wants me to start clomid on CD5-9 then I will come in on CD 14 for a scan to see how things are looking.

I am soooooooo excited and nervous to get this process going, it is happening so soon!!! :happydance::headspin::wohoo::loopy::dance:

Yay for clomid, can't wait! Good luck :)

Thanks girls I am very happy/excited/nervous to see how things work out in the next month!

I had drinks for all of you tonight! Happy early bday imsotired!

Thanks girls I am very happy/excited/nervous to see how things work out in the next month!

I had drinks for all of you tonight! Happy early bday imsotired!

Thought I'd enjoy a drink tonight too since in a few months I could be going a long time without alcohol... I hope!

lovetoteach hopefully both of us will be not drinking for a longggg time soon :happydance: Your temp was really high yesterday, any reason that you know of? Your highest by far your whole cycle!

Once I start clomid I am going to be VERY strict and not drink any alcohol in the TWW and I will limit caffiene,ect. Since I only have 6 cycles with clomid and I will be spending all kinds of money on appointments I want to give this my best shot. I REALLY hope clomid wakes up my lazy ovaries and gets me o'ing at a normal time. Anytime before CD 20 would be perfect! My dr. has me taking it cd 5-9 and I think from what I read you typically o within 10 days of your last pill so if it works right I should o by CD 19. When I go in for the cd 14 ultrasound they will be able to see if any follicles are maturing, I wil be so nervous to see whether it worked or not. My drs. reaction was funny when I was there yesterday and asked her if by looking at my follicles now will I be o'ing anytime soon, she was like ummm no. Just the way she said it was basically like you are not even close to anything happening. Made me feel better about jumping back on the provera and moving on.

lovetoteach hopefully both of us will be not drinking for a longggg time soon :happydance: Your temp was really high yesterday, any reason that you know of? Your highest by far your whole cycle!

Once I start clomid I am going to be VERY strict and not drink any alcohol in the TWW and I will limit caffiene,ect. Since I only have 6 cycles with clomid and I will be spending all kinds of money on appointments I want to give this my best shot. I REALLY hope clomid wakes up my lazy ovaries and gets me o'ing at a normal time. Anytime before CD 20 would be perfect! My dr. has me taking it cd 5-9 and I think from what I read you typically o within 10 days of your last pill so if it works right I should o by CD 19. When I go in for the cd 14 ultrasound they will be able to see if any follicles are maturing, I wil be so nervous to see whether it worked or not. My drs. reaction was funny when I was there yesterday and asked her if by looking at my follicles now will I be o'ing anytime soon, she was like ummm no. Just the way she said it was basically like you are not even close to anything happening. Made me feel better about jumping back on the provera and moving on.

Haha, yeah I am sure my folicles right now would be almost non existant.

As for me, I have no earthly clue why my temp was so high, I went to sleep at a normal time, woke up at a normal time... It was high today too compaired to my other temperatures, but not crazy high like yesterday. Maybe it's because of my cold? I have no idea, at this point I am just temping out of curiosity.

Yea it is possible if you are sick that could cause your temp to be up. I am excited to take a break from temping for a couple weeks. I have been temping since October and I am sick of it! :haha:

I'm sure the clomid will get you both ovulating in no time! I'm keeping my fx'd for yas! :dust:

I'm very tired and a little nauseous again today. My mom wanted to go shopping with me and I also need to go for groceries but I've decided to do nothing today. My breasts have nearly stopped hurting. I hope that isn't a bad sign but it's a nice break because they've been hurting (sometimes excruciatingly) since 7dpo and I'm about 44dpo today. I can barely feel the pain unless I really press on them. I'm definately still worried, but less for now. I feel something so I guess that's good. Just trying to keep positive.

Hope everyone is doing well today.

I'm sure the clomid will get you both ovulating in no time! I'm keeping my fx'd for yas! :dust:

I'm very tired and a little nauseous again today. My mom wanted to go shopping with me and I also need to go for groceries but I've decided to do nothing today. My breasts have nearly stopped hurting. I hope that isn't a bad sign but it's a nice break because they've been hurting (sometimes excruciatingly) since 7dpo and I'm about 44dpo today. I can barely feel the pain unless I really press on them. I'm definately still worried, but less for now. I feel something so I guess that's good. Just trying to keep positive.

Hope everyone is doing well today.

I am sure you are fine, just one of the lucky ones that doesn't get a lot of unpleasent symptoms. I hope I don't get very nauseous when I am pregnant, but I doubt I will be that lucky because my digestive system is very sensitive and always evil to me.

For now i'm just trying to survive my cold. My family got to see my new house this weekend, but they left a few hours ago, so I am trying to sit here and be lazy for two seconds until the dishwasher and washer get through cleaning the clothes and dishes. Trying to enjoy my time off ttc because I know I have a lot of worry and stress ahead of me once I get the ball rolling again.

imsotired-glad to hear you are worrying less these days :hugs:

lovetoteach-hope you feel better soon :)

I started my first provera pill today so I am on my way to my first clomid cycle. I just really hope I don't have the bad side effect I had with provera last time :nope:

Lovetoteach I hope that cold goes away soon. Sounds just awful.

Rachel I didn't realize you had any negative side effects from the provera? I hope you don't have any this time around. I have a feeling you are going to get that bfp really soon.

I can't wait until you both get your bfps! I hope everyone is doing well today.

I am still tired and a little nauseous. My breasts are still only sore if I put a lot of pressure on them. I'm hoping everything is ok. It really is hard not to worry. Some days I'm a nervous wreck and others I'm ok. I have decided to not buy a doppler because they might not work until 10 weeks or so anyway and I'm saving money because we have to paint the baby's room and everything and I'm still unemployed. I wish I could see how baby is but I know it's just not possible for now. I hope May goes by FAST so I can get my scan done and start the 2nd tri so maybe I could chill out for a while.

I hope time flies for you so you can get to your next scan and feel much more confident about everything :)

I had only one side effect, sorry for tmi in advance but I had terrible constipation for over a week straight with severe gas pains off and on all day. I never experienced anything like it in my life it was BRUTAL. It started a few days after my first pill and lasted until a couple days after my last. I really didn't want to take the provera again because of this but when the dr. I won't be O'ing anytime soon I decided to just suck it up and do it because I didn't want to wait a couple months to get this process going. I hope that doesnt happen to me again. My Dr. suggested to drink tons of water and take something over the counter to try and prevent this issue this time around, I pray it helps!

I hope time flies for you so you can get to your next scan and feel much more confident about everything :)

I had only one side effect, sorry for tmi in advance but I had terrible constipation for over a week straight with severe gas pains off and on all day. I never experienced anything like it in my life it was BRUTAL. It started a few days after my first pill and lasted until a couple days after my last. I really didn't want to take the provera again because of this but when the dr. I won't be O'ing anytime soon I decided to just suck it up and do it because I didn't want to wait a couple months to get this process going. I hope that doesnt happen to me again. My Dr. suggested to drink tons of water and take something over the counter to try and prevent this issue this time around, I pray it helps!

Oh yes. I do remember you mentioned that now. I hope it doesn't happen again. But just wait until you get your bfp! Whether it constipation or diarrhea, bowel movements aren't easy. Also the gas comes and goes along with indigestion and nausea. Being pregnant isn't always a pleasant feeling at all. And I have it pretty lucky because I'm not vomiting or anything. lol. I hope it's all worth it though and I have a healthy baby. It's just an uncomfortable feeling. Well, it's only one more week. Hope it doesn't happen again. Maybe you could eat a lot of fruit or take a stool softener if it gets bad again.Good luck!

Thanks for the info, I will be sure to drink TONS of water when I take provera, I already have digestive/gas issues way too much. You can't get away with gas issues so easily when you are a female! Hope your system takes the provera easier this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->