Anyone who is ttc having trouble with their cycles due to previous bc use?

What is the date of your next scan? I know time seems to drag waiting but it will be here before you know it. I am sure once you are able to see the baby at that point you will start to feel better about everything :)

I see the doctor on the 16th but the scan isn't until the 30th.:wacko:

I wish it were here! Although I am going to be SOOO nervous on that day I know it will put me at ease (hopefully with a good outcome). All I can do is hope for the best and it's all just out of my power completely. Makes me feel helpless! I'm confused and scared and I can't wait for my 1st tri to be over! I truly hope that I will be able to enjoy myself more in the 2nd tri. I already love this baby, there is no doubt about that. I have since before he or she was even conceived because it is something I have wanted so badly for so long. And I think that is what is most scary- knowing that what I wanted might somehow go away. It's overwhelming. I'm sure you will know how I am feeling soon enough. But hopefully you will be more at ease than I am. I really wish I never read anything on this forum about MMC. I had no idea it existed until I read it here and now that's all I worry about, all dayl, everyday!

Sorry for ranting and raving. I'm just like an emotional trainwreck sometimes. And so scared.

I understand you don't have to apologize. It is tough not knowing what is going on and not being in control. I am a control freak so I am sure I will struggle with that as well. I wish I didn't know much about miscarraiges either it would make it easier to relax!

That sounds good lovetoteach-I hope all is clear and you can get started asap!

I started AF yesterday and I still had 3 proveras left to take :shock: I have to call the dr. today to see if she wants me to finish it. But the good news is I get to start clomid on cd 5 which is Thursday :happydance:

Yay for starting clomid, that is very exciting! I can't wait until I start taking clomid :) I hope we can be bump buddies with imsotired soon!

Thanks for the birthday wishes. It was a pretty good day overall. yay for getting to start your clomid Rachel! I just know it's going to work wonders. I'm sure you'll get pg in no time.

Lovetoteach I'm sure your bloodwork will be fine and you'll be starting the provera soon. It'll all be falling into place now.

I'm still a bundle of nerves thinking everything is wrong. My scan is still so far off. I want to fast forward!:wacko: I'm gonna be worried at least until I see the baby again and I know he or she is growing and healthy. After 12 weeks I hope I'll have a bit more confidence and the pregnancy will be a little more real to me and hopefully more enjoyable. I keep trying to think that maybe I'm just one of those girls who doesn't have a ton of symptoms and they aren't very consistant. I do hear a lot of women don't have a ton of symptoms with their first pregnancy. I just hope that is what is happening here and the baby is ok. So scary.

I hope everyone is doing well today!

I am sure everything is fine. Can't wait for your next appointment :) I hope I don't have a ton of symptoms, it's going to be hard to work and have to run to the bathroom and barf in the middle of helping customers.

feeling freaked out. this is my first month off of the tricycle pill after a years break from ttcing. first three weeks went ok. been checking my cervix and bbts whole time. bbt looks like i never O'd. about four days ago my breasts and nipples started hurting. then i started gettting really weird cramps and very gassy. i checked my cervix to see where i was because last i check a week earlier it was really soft round and nice feeling. this time i felt three distinct bumps which are sore to the touch. i have made a doc appt but i am seriosly freaking out. has anyone experienced this after quitting bc? could really use some help, two days till doc appt and then waiting for results feels like forever. been crying and scare. :(

feeling freaked out. this is my first month off of the tricycle pill after a years break from ttcing. first three weeks went ok. been checking my cervix and bbts whole time. bbt looks like i never O'd. about four days ago my breasts and nipples started hurting. then i started gettting really weird cramps and very gassy. i checked my cervix to see where i was because last i check a week earlier it was really soft round and nice feeling. this time i felt three distinct bumps which are sore to the touch. i have made a doc appt but i am seriosly freaking out. has anyone experienced this after quitting bc? could really use some help, two days till doc appt and then waiting for results feels like forever. been crying and scare. :(

I wish I could give you some advice but I know nothing about what the cervix should feel like-I dont check mine. I do know that my first cycle off bcp I had all kinds of weird symptoms, I think it is just your body adjusting to the hormones. You made the right move in making an appointment just to make sure everything is ok.

That sounds good lovetoteach-I hope all is clear and you can get started asap!

I started AF yesterday and I still had 3 proveras left to take :shock: I have to call the dr. today to see if she wants me to finish it. But the good news is I get to start clomid on cd 5 which is Thursday :happydance:

Yay for starting clomid, that is very exciting! I can't wait until I start taking clomid :) I hope we can be bump buddies with imsotired soon!

I know it is so exciting! I am sure you and I will be joining her in no time. At this point I will just be happy to have a cycle under 40 days :haha: It seems most women have success with clomid within a few cycles so I am going to try to not get upset if it doesnt happen the first couple cycles and just be grateful if it gets me o'ing earlier.

I can't wait to see you both come on the thread with the good news of a bfp. I'm sure it willl be within the next few months for both of you. Maybe sooner than you think.

Yay Rachel you're starting clomid in just a few days! Keep us updated on how it goes.

Lovetoteach can't wait to hear you start provera and clomid. I hope you won't get any morning sickness either. I haven't had a bad case at all. Nausea on and off, sometimes worse than others, but no vomiting. Both my mother and mother-in-law said that they had nausea but no vomitting, so I'm hoping it's a good thing and I shouldn't worry. I hear a lot of people say that their first pregnancy was mild.

I can't wait for May to be over! Still 3 weeks until my scan. Everynight I pray that the little bean is hanging on and healthy and it's little heart is just beating away. So easy to worry but I really hope everything goes well.

Blissery- It's great that you called the doctor. I don't know much about the cervix as I am kinda squeamish and I never checked it. I'm sure the doctor will be able to take care of you and I hope BC doesn't do to you what it did to some of us. Good luck!

Yes I will be starting clomid on Thursday! I am still trying to decide if I want to try taking mucinex this cycle because I have heard clomid can dry cm up for some people and/or make the cm more thick and hostile. Mucinex is supposed to help thin it out. I hope I am not one of those with a cm issue but I kind of want to be ahead of the game and prevent it. Not sure what I will do yet.

Rachel Maybe even using some preseed would help? That way you aren't taking any extra medication. But I'd buy some mucinex and have it on hand just in case it dries you up a bit. I'm sure you won't have any problems though. It'll all be smooth sailing from here on out and you'll get that bfp in no time!

I do have some preseed. So I was thinking maybe I will just see how it does or does not affect me this time and just use the pre seed if I seem a bit dry. I will also drink TONS of water and hopefully that will help as well. I was thinking about drinking grapefruit juice because that seems to have worked before but I read a couple people saying it may interfere somehow with the clomid. I just don't want to take any chances I am paranoid! Maybe next time I will try the mucinex if I notice I am dry this time (if there is a next time!).

well woke up this morning to a sharp pain down there. rescheduled my doc apt to today and called into work. went in and saw my doc, he found the three bumps and said they looked harmless and like cysts. how ever he still scraped my cervix with several swabs to make sure. should hear back results in a few days, but just hearing him say they looked ok really made me feel more at ease. my doctor was amazing. today was my first appt with him and he was so sweet and did not treat me like i didn't know what i was talking about like some of my old doctors would do. i had a old doc even roll his eyes at me. i have had good doctors, but i have had bad ones too. anyway he is willing to work with me as i try to conceive. and my DH is going to him tomorrow to get a referral for a semen analysis. really feeling much better. :)

oh and he said it looks like even tho my cycle has been messed, and i did not ovulate this month, i should see AF very soon. said when he stuck the swap in the cervix i started to bleed which is good sign. so for anyone who is coming off of the pill and feeling helpless, involve your doctor. they really can help. :)

Hey everyone ( this is my first post!)
I was on Yasmin for 3 years, Yaz for two and then Loestrin for 2 more years, all back to back. DH and I are TTC, we lost my dad in February to cancer and would love a little one to bring us joy. Has Any one on here taken and have troubles? We are on month three, still nothing. Just wondering...

I was on Yasmin for 3 years, Yaz for two and then Loestrin for 2 more years, all back to back. DH and I are TTC, we lost my dad in February to cancer and would love a little one to bring us joy. Has Any one on here taken and have troubles? We are on month three, still nothing. Just wondering...

Sorry for your loss, I really hope yall are able to have a little one soon. I haven't taken any of those, but I was on another type of birth control pills as were most of us on this thread. We are all here for support anytime! Several of us have tried several different things to achieve a bfp after stopping birth control and having crazy cycles, so you have come to the right thread. This thread has been very good support system for me over the past few months as DH and I wait for our little one to come into our lives. It's nice to know that other girls out there are going through the same thing, and such a relief to openly talk about ttc since I am trying not to tell anyone in my everday life that we are trying to concieve.

I was on yaz for about two years and I had an awful time with my cycles after I stopped taking it. And also my body had a lot of negative reactions to the hormone withdrawl. It was terrible! Hopefully you will have an easier time. I suggest temping or using opks to track ovulation. It would give you a better chance to bd at the right time and help you to know for sure if/when you are ovulating. Good luck!

The first month I was off, I actually gained weight (5lbs) and breasts got sore, bloating, cramping... Since my little sis was on Loestrin and got pregnant right away, I was hoping the reason for all my was that ( which now Thai I know more, many ladies have experienced this...). BUT it seems that it all was a cruel joke. Here's to month #3 of trying.
It's so hard not being able to talk to anyone about it. Can't tell friends, family, co-workers. Isn't it funny how when you are trying one notices EVERY one else's pregnancies, babies so much more (painfully)? It's hard waiting for Gods time, perhaps it's to teach us patience. My sis and I are both 80's clomid babies, so if this fails there is always hope for that. Prayers for BFPs to all the patiently waiting ladies here! Wishing for a little boy o we could name him after my dad...

The first month I was off, I actually gained weight (5lbs) and breasts got sore, bloating, cramping... Since my little sis was on Loestrin and got pregnant right away, I was hoping the reason for all my was that ( which now Thai I know more, many ladies have experienced this...). BUT it seems that it all was a cruel joke. Here's to month #3 of trying.
It's so hard not being able to talk to anyone about it. Can't tell friends, family, co-workers. Isn't it funny how when you are trying one notices EVERY one else's pregnancies, babies so much more (painfully)? It's hard waiting for Gods time, perhaps it's to teach us patience. My sis and I are both 80's clomid babies, so if this fails there is always hope for that. Prayers for BFPs to all the patiently waiting ladies here! Wishing for a little boy o we could name him after my dad...

Yes, I also gained weight and had a bunch of pregnancy symptoms for months after stopping the pill. And my hormones raged! I was emotional, had skin break outs, hair loss, etc. It took me 9 months to regulate my cycles and 10 months to get pregnant (after 7 cycles trying). Hopefully you will have an easier time but keep in touch with your doctor and let them know how your cycles are going. Start checking for ovulation if you don't already. That way you'll know to tell the doctor. I'm sure you'll get back on track soon. Try not to worry too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->