Apparently I'm difficult to buy for !

Status
Not open for further replies.

DippyTink

Mummy to twin boyos !!
Reaction score
Well this news to me ! I thought I was easy to buy for - I like odd socks, nail varnish, sweets, beanie hats and scarves etc but apparently I've got too many of these already !

Both my OH and my mum are struggling to find things to buy me for Christmas and want me to make suggestions - but how when I don't know what I want !!

Anybody else have this problem ?

Yes!

My OH actually told me he's "worried" about getting me surprise presents in case I don't like them. This is the guy that done perfectly last year may I add!

Everyone that knows me know I love Yankee candles, bath sets, craft stuff... I don't know what else to suggest for them! :dohh:

I like surprises, and some of my favourite pieces of jewellery are things hubby chose himself, but for some reason he just won't any more and insists I write a list. So, I did, a list containing 12 items, plus a couple of stocking filler ideas. And tonight he tells me he has no idea what to get me :dohh:

People always say I'm hard to buy for as well. Usually I direct them to my pages long Amazon wish list. :) DH is the only one who doesn't seem to have a problem finding gifts for me.

This year my OH is so chuffed because he's thought of something to buy me all by himself, but I've struggled for him this year lol xx

I always give a list, often with specific links on it! No one will buy me clothes though! I've asked for slippers, PJs and dressing gown this year (and a sewing machine, but I chose the one I wanted myself!) X

I know I'm hard to buy for because I don't really appreciate nick-nacks, I don't burn a lot of candles, I don't need more than one address book and I have a whole cupboard full of bath bombs, moisturisers I'd rather a gift card in all honesty

I know I'm hard to buy for because I don't really appreciate nick-nacks, I don't burn a lot of candles, I don't need more than one address book and I have a whole cupboard full of bath bombs, moisturisers I'd rather a gift card in all honesty

OOOOOhhhhh... time to put them all in the bath at once and see what happens! :thumbup: :haha:

I've even got bath teabags gathering dust at the back of my cupboard, is that incase I get thirsty while I'm im there?!?!

Same here, lol. I'm rather hard to buy for as the usual easy gifts for most women aren't really my thing. I actually do love smelly lotions, bath stuff, etc but my DH is allergic so those gifts are out for me, which takes a lot off many people's easy cheap lists.

I do keep a running Amazon wish list though, but no one seems to use it:dohh:

I like the idea of an Amazon wish list though, maybe I should start one...no idea what I'd put on it mind you! Lol

OOOOOhhhhh... time to put them all in the bath at once and see what happens!

I laughed way too much at that. I would totally do it. Maturity fail!

I am both easy and not easy to buy for. I am easy to buy for because there are lots of things I would love for Christmas but not easy because most of them are really specific bits of X Files memorabilia.

For that reason I usually have to choose my own Christmas presents (which this year include two X Files scripts, a X Files handbag, an X Files purse, a X Files necklace and a beautiful replica prop :happydance:).

I have an Amazon wishlist to help people who want to choose a surprise but most of my items are from eBay and Etsy.

My husband is no better, his hobby is doing a film blog about 'cult, foreign and obscure cinema' plus he loves classic Godzilla. He is a nightmare to buy for. He also has an Amazon wishlist just to help everyone out.

This year he is doing me entirely X Files presents and I am doing him entirely Godzilla presents. On Christmas day I am tempted to take a picture of all our presents to each other because it will look so funny on Facebook when everyone is sharing beautiful jewellery or expensive perfume their husband got them and other normal gifts. Then there will be our pile of general weirdness.

I think other people's hobby's can be hard to buy for even if they seem easy to you. Some one above mentioned they liked craft stuff as a suggestion of an easy thing to buy them as a gift. Trust me it isn't easy to buy as a gift when you have no clue what you are doing! My friend is in to a variety of creative things so would love craft things. I never stray from her Amazon wishlist though because I don't know what would be useful or appropriate with her projects. I did walk round the craft section of The Range and saw lots of pretty things but I don't know which would actually be helpful to her.

I have ended up buying her, amongst other things a box of knives. It was on her wishlist and I really wanted to say I got her a box of knives for Christmas :haha:

OOOOOhhhhh... time to put them all in the bath at once and see what happens!

I laughed way too much at that. I would totally do it. Maturity fail!

And I spent all day pondering the important question... would I do it while I'm in the bath or not? :haha:

And I spent all day pondering the important question... would I do it while I'm in the bath or not?

Better when someone else was in the bath, as a surprise. Tell them you have run a nice relaxing bath for them, get them to lay back and close their eyes while you add a bath bath then add about a hundred bath bombs and back of quickly!

I really want to do this to my husband now, it is just endlessly tempting.

And I spent all day pondering the important question... would I do it while I'm in the bath or not?

Better when someone else was in the bath, as a surprise. Tell them you have run a nice relaxing bath for them, get them to lay back and close their eyes while you add a bath bath then add about a hundred bath bombs and back of quickly!

I really want to do this to my husband now, it is just endlessly tempting.

Please do!!

Please do!!

I just need to find a place I can get a lot of bath bombs cheap, including at least one glittery one. You can never get the glitter off you with glitter ones and I want him to go to work sparkly :muaha:

I may have to do this on Boxing Day otherwise he might reconsider giving me my lovely X Files Christmas presents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"