Apparently Ive Bought Too Much!

Ugh... I'm actually kind of jealous.

Everyone's been telling me I'll get tons of clothes as gifts or hand me downs and it has not happened. I have gotten some, but realistically, I will be having to buy a majority of my baby's wardrobe. Which is fine, as I don't expect anything to be bought for me... but I feel like I shot myself in the foot by believing what I was told and not planning clothes into my shopping.

I know exactly what you mean.
When I found out it was a boy 5/6 people said they had stuff for me. I was like oh great! Save me some money but also I was having difficulty in buying because I don't know him yet n not sure what he will suit.
Only one person has actually given me stuff & it was just newborn clothes. Proper grown up style clothes as well when I plan on mainly sleep suits at first so not really a massive help to me. All winter clothes as well when he's going to be a summer baby.
I waited for some time to see if I was given anymore to then see what I just need to add to but nothin has materialised so I've just been out and bought basics. Not too much but enough for the first few days and then I can assess the situation and go shopping if I need to

I only had about that much with Oliver, we did ok, mine fits in 3 bags hahah bin bags!

I've just tried to be sensible. Not overbuy as I can always go out n buy more then there is no waste!

Hopefully my theory will work out for me!

It should do. All that stuff only cost me £30 - £40. That's including new stuff and stuff people have bought us. I got less 3-6 because I thought I would get that when I needed it.

I am planning on keeping baby in sleep suits most of the time as well. I kept buying and putting it in the loft and I didn't see what I had until I got it all together!

Everyone's been telling me I'll get tons of clothes as gifts or hand me downs and it has not happened. I have gotten some, but realistically, I will be having to buy a majority of my baby's wardrobe. Which is fine, as I don't expect anything to be bought for me... but I feel like I shot myself in the foot by believing what I was told and not planning clothes into my shopping.

I thought this too, that I'd get a ton of baby clothes form people. I got quite a bit at my shower, but they were mostly 3-6 months and winter clothes, I guess because people figured I'd get mostly newborn stuff? Well I don't have a ton of newborn stuff now! Guess I need to go shopping ;)

I only had about that much with Oliver, we did ok, mine fits in 3 bags hahah bin bags!

I've just tried to be sensible. Not overbuy as I can always go out n buy more then there is no waste!

It should do. All that stuff only cost me £30 - £40. That's including new stuff and stuff people have bought us. I got less 3-6 because I thought I would get that when I needed it.

I am planning on keeping baby in sleep suits most of the time as well. I kept buying and putting it in the loft and I didn't see what I had until I got it all together!

I do that with Xmas presents! Then I have far too much for everyone!

I do that with Xmas presents! Then I have far too much for everyone!

I am glad its not me, I did it for Christmas and Oliver's birthday this year. I think if I hide it OH won't say anything about how much I have... then it back firers because I forget what I have

Everything I have fits into this bag!

That's including actual clothes as well & hats, gloves and shoes!

Oh and 3 coats!

:dance: All the naked babies, all the naked babies :dance:

Now I'm crying! Actually bloody crying with laughter!

Tssssssst.....honestly, I'm on fire tonight!

https://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q693/sue_881/01CC11B3-BBD8-49C8-B0AE-4AA248BF07BE-1236-000002DC5939CCA0_zps7ab0d4f5.jpg

Oh god, I've got to stop. I'm going to end up going into labour! Bahahaha!

I thought this too, that I'd get a ton of baby clothes form people. I got quite a bit at my shower, but they were mostly 3-6 months and winter clothes, I guess because people figured I'd get mostly newborn stuff? Well I don't have a ton of newborn stuff now! Guess I need to go shopping ;)

I didn't (nor am I planning on having) a baby shower. And I didn't really expect a lot of new clothes as gifts but I had kind of hoped for more hand me downs. My SIL has two boys, so I figured she'd probably have a bunch of stuff for me. Instead I got a small stack, half of which she wants returned despite the fact she's done having kids (WTF?), and some of it is more winter appropriate that I won't use.

Not too much imo...i went crazy and have ridiculous amounts of clothing lol:)

We have to go to the laundromat to wash clothes, so I am definitely going to err on the side of too many onesies (vests) and sleepers etc. They're cheap and if they get too grody and I have too many, I can toss the super icked out ones.

I knew we had been restrained.... but now I realise how little stuff we have!

6 x newborn sleepsuits
9 x newborn vests
3 x 0-3 months sleepsuits
18 x 0-3 month vests (I thought this was a lot but apparently not!!)
2 x 0-3 month t-shirts

We've only bought 6 of these ourselves, the rest were second hand.

Oh well, if we need more we'll just head to the shops with baby :)

I don't think thats too much at all considering some of them are up to 6 months. Just think of it as a outfit a day in some cases :lol: saves on the washing.

I've got at least 6 huge under bed storage boxes full of baby clothes from my daughter! I'm not making the same mistake twice, they grow so quick, and you'll prob enjoy buying when baby is actually here, so I'm not getting too much.

My lo only ever used 1 vest and suit a day, she was a very clean baby. I would put clean ones on for bed though regardless. I bought waaaay too many for her.
I have learned a lesson and only bought two packs of vest and two packs of baby grows.
She got bought soooo many as gifts when she was born I'm going to wait till after the birth then see what I need before buying more, if any at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->