April ‘baby’ showers 2020

Hope, I feel pretty much the same as you
Some days worse than others but generally feel crap every day lol
Haven’t actually been sick but just have nausea and don’t fancy eating anything

Mother, that’s so confusing, I just use the bounty app and at the moment we’re an olive at 8 weeks!

Just had midwife appointment
Had more bleeding yesterday, not bad but got a scan Thursday to check cos had midwife appointment this morning so she arranged it
Annoying cos she could have done my blood test this morning for diabetes with the other booking in bloods they do but she didn’t say before hand so obviously hadn’t fasted so now doing it all before scan thurs which isn’t til 11:45 so I’m going to be feeing quite sick that day not being able to eat

Also have to repeat it again at 16 weeks if this one is ok and if that one is ok do it again at 26 weeks

Will be seeing the consultant too at some point and tested for strep b 35-37 weeks as had it In my Previous pregnancy

What a pain not being able to do the diabetes test at the same time. And so often! I know it's for a good reason though.
I'm thinking of requesting the strep b test as a friend didn't realise she had it. Baby was early anyway but they were both so I'll and that only made things worse. So now in my ever paranoid state I need to ask for it haha

Hey ladies sorry I've been a little quiet lately, I've been trying to keep myself busy! I have a little update for you all..

We had our scan this morning, and here is our little bean! Heartbeat flickering away. :cloud9: We're overjoyed. So relieved. All those tears, and all that worrying for no reason! Looks like we have a little fighter already. Measuring 5 weeks, 6 days so my dates have been put back a little, due 28th April now.. but still, couldn't be happier. Xx

69369130_921695241540004_774906915896426496_o.jpg

Ahh that’s lovely beclou! So pleased
Thats the same day I had my first scan, amazing

Mother, I don’t understand why they don’t tested routinely for it, I had it and so did my friend so it can’t be that uncommon!
They wouldn’t break my waters with ds during induction until mum drip of antibiotics were put up so it’s obviously important to be careful if you do test positive for it

I know there's the cost to the nhs but what is the cost if they don't spot it? Surely it's worth it.

Hi ladies, I hope I can join? Due date calculators put me at 30 April; I am 5+4 weeks currently and going for our first gynae app on Thursday so I expect the scan there will give me a better indication. Had only 2 days queasiness around 4 weeks but since then nothing besides sore bbs. Have had 2 big migraines in the past week and am sick currently as well for which I can’t take much of anything due to the pregnancy so suffering it out for now

Mother- i also get so annoyed with the apps! They vary so so much!

Star- that’s annoying about your diabetes check! But good you’re getting another scan to keep an eye on things.

Beclou- soooooo glad your little bean was looking great!

Welcome Aphy!

I’m still vomiting. I got given some anti-sickness pills which helped the nausea but give me weird side effects. It makes me shake and I can’t sit still- I feel tingly in my legs and arms and feel I need to move them. So right now I’m trying to balance which is worse. So only taking those when I’m unable to keep food down. But taking them occasionally and keeping some food down seems to have a positive knock on effect for a while!

Hey ladies - so I was right I have miscarried I really hope you all have wonderful pregnancies and give your newborns an extra cuddle from me when they are born!

Xx

BabyD, I'm so sorry! I've been there before so I know how awful it is. Sending all my best feelings your way xox

Mother- i also get so annoyed with the apps! They vary so so much!

Star- that’s annoying about your diabetes check! But good you’re getting another scan to keep an eye on things.

Beclou- soooooo glad your little bean was looking great!

Welcome Aphy!

I’m still vomiting. I got given some anti-sickness pills which helped the nausea but give me weird side effects. It makes me shake and I can’t sit still- I feel tingly in my legs and arms and feel I need to move them. So right now I’m trying to balance which is worse. So only taking those when I’m unable to keep food down. But taking them occasionally and keeping some food down seems to have a positive knock on effect for a while!

It must be hard balancing the two and deciding which is worse. I used ds2s sickness bands this evening. They are for his travel sickness but they did seem to help. Usually eating is enough to keep it at bay but the feeling was so strong tonight I just kept gagging at the thought of eating even though I was hungry. They did seem to help though so will use them for future bad episodes

I’m so sorry babyd , thinking of you
Was praying for a little miracle for you, hugs

Welcome aphy, congratulations and hope your scan goes well Thursday
I’ve had a migraine already too and only get them in pregnancy, hopefully no more!
Hope you’re feeling better soon

Sweden, hope you’re felling better soon
Must be so touch having horrible side effects of the medication too, sounds like you’re getting there with the right balance, I’m just still struggling to want to eat anything but at the same time being hungry!

So after weeks of sleeping though the night ds was awake at midnight, managed to get him back down without waking up after half an hour, then up at 5:20 when he has been waking up at 7, knew it was too good to be true! Good news is dd is back at preschool today and I’ve increased her hours to a full today and my sister said she would take ds out so I’m planning on napping

Hi all

Ive been following this thread closely from the start but only just plucking up the courage to post because ive been in extreme shock and denial.

Pregnant with number 4, currently approx 7w 4d i think.

It hasnt sunk in yet :wacko: came as a huuuuge surprise. Not even told the doctor yet, need to get that sorted.

Hope everyone is well

Welcome smiley.

Star, hope you get to nap. I swear that's what I'm doing Thursday. Ds4 went back today. Ds2 goes tomorrow and ds1 Thursday, and dh is home Thursdays so he can do stuff with ds3.

Welcome smiley, congratulations on number 4!

I had a lovely 2 and a half hour nap and haven’t left the house all day as dh done the pre school runs

Nice, star!
I managed to squeeze in a nap too. DH told me just to go to bed, so I set an alarm to remind him to collect ds4, woke up and he'd already gone and I couldn't keep my eyes open, so I went and laid on the sofa and went back to sleep. I do feel a bit dazed now though. I can't remember the last time I slept in the day.

My sickness was awful this morning and I put in ds2 sickness bands, kept them on until lunch time when I was gagging at smells anyway. Bought ginger ale at the shop and ate lunch and haven't felt all that bad since. A little off now and then, but not having to control the urge to throw up. Hoping it's the ginger ale, it'll be my new best friend if it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->