April ‘baby’ showers 2020

Glad both of your scans went well! :) Great news.

I'm starting to struggle with exhaustion and sickness. Having 3 young children already, it's so hard not being able to catch a break. In the morning I'm waking up feeling awful. X

Great news Star!

Ive got 3 already too beclou :wacko: How many kids has everyone got already?

Ive Got 2 and find that hard enough!
Dd is 4 in Dec and ds has just turned 19 months, today has been my hardest day yet in terms of vomiting and tiredness and I didn’t even have the kids half the day!

I have 3 boys age 8, 6 and 2. Luckily the older two have gone back to school this week so only had my 2yr old for the majority of the day today. Actually dont know how i will manage with 4 #-o

It’s so exciting to see that you guys have more than two (or will have)!

I only have DD and since having her I decided I wanted 4. But basically everyone I know has or wants 2 so they all think I’m crazy!

I have to say though going through the morning sickness makes me doubt if I’ll want to do this again but I said the same with DD! How quickly you forget!

Beclou- im sorry you’re finding it tough! I’m also finding stuff hard with DD so can’t imagine having 3! I’ve started getting round ligament pain the past couple of days- I didn’t get it until like 20 weeks with DD- but I think it’s picking DD up and down all day!

I don't have any other children but I do have my OH who has just come home and crawled into bed at 6am, stinking of disgusting alcohol and is now snoring very loudly. He went to a gig last night (Thursday) and when I woke up at 5 to go to the toilet he was nowhere to be found. Didn't answer his phone. It's cold and dark and raining outside. So I've been worrying about him of course but nope, turns up happy as anything and is asleep in less than a minute. I need to get up for work soon and I don't know how I'll get through the day! So yeah, i feel like it's kind of similar to dealing with a small child but heavier and smellier when they lie on top of you...

Star, Beclou & Aphy, so glad all went well with the scan! It is such a relief right? My next scan is not until 14th Sep, but I might just get a private scan today. Here it costs close to nothing (10-15USD) and no appt needed, one of the very few advantages of living a developing country

And all the other lovely ladies battling with MS, I sympathize with you all so much. I never had any of this with my DD, so a bit bewildered with the experience. The constant hunger and nausea, alleviated only by food which makes you even more sick later

Rose, so sorry you are feeling down with you OH. I am also fuming with my DH all the time. It is really rough to be pregnant, dealing with all the stress that comes with it, then dealing with DH being selfish or just plain stupid, I am just so mad sometimes

I don't have any other children but I do have my OH who has just come home and crawled into bed at 6am, stinking of disgusting alcohol and is now snoring very loudly. He went to a gig last night (Thursday) and when I woke up at 5 to go to the toilet he was nowhere to be found. Didn't answer his phone. It's cold and dark and raining outside. So I've been worrying about him of course but nope, turns up happy as anything and is asleep in less than a minute. I need to get up for work soon and I don't know how I'll get through the day! So yeah, i feel like it's kind of similar to dealing with a small child but heavier and smellier when they lie on top of you...

And baby is still measuring 1 weeks behind, sigh...
Im 8w2d today and baby is measuring 7w2d
From everything I read (of course googled like crazy), it is not a big issue, but I am still fretting over it ](*,)#-o:confused:

Oh Rose I’d be fuming with my OH! Mainly for the brewery smell. Couldn’t think of anything worse right now!! Hope you got through your work day ok!

Hope- that’s so nice you can get an ultrasound so quickly and cheaply. We have a private scan booked for Monday but it will cost us around $80.
Sorry you’re stressing about baby measuring behind. I don’t know much about this but I’d guess it could just be due to later implantation?

Afm- my bump has popped. Definitely looking pregnant! I’m only 7+3 but even my OH noticed this morning and he doesn’t notice things like that! Also I’m starting to feel I’ve got a handle on the nausea and knowing what works. At least for now anyway. I’m definitely nauseous and retching but can at least prevent/reduce actual vomiting and not as miserable as I was!

Rose that sounds like something my husband would do. So annoying isnt it.

Hope :hugs: I have heard that its normal to measure behind in these early weeks so try not to worry too much

Sweden how exciting youre starting to look pregnant!

I am 8 weeks today according to my LMP. Wish I could have a scan :brat:

Thanks for the sympathy, ladies! Men are sometimes more trouble than they're worth!

Hope, I totally get that stress as it happened to me too, but yes, it's totally normal so I wouldn't worry. As long as the growth is consistent, it doesn't matter.

Sweden, my friend who is 5 days behind me (so just over 9 weeks now) has also popped very early, which we reckon is because it's her second. The body just remembers, doesn't it? She's noticeably pregnant compared to me.

Yes I got told you’d show earlier with the second but I swear I look 4/5 months gone!

And yes Men sometimes are more trouble than they are worth!

ABE310DE-8445-46DC-A1EF-897A2F4B62C4.jpeg

I've missed so much, I'm trying to cover everything here.

Glad the scans went well.

I have 4 boys already. Aged 13, 11, 9 and 5. 3 are at school but my 9 year old has additional needs and is home educated, so I can't sleep during the day unless DH is home.

My bloating doesn't seem to be as bad at the moment, so I don't feel I look pregnant any more. Nausea is still bad, I'm eating myself out of house and home. I'm just so hungry all the time. And I want real food like roast dinners or stews. Basically stuff with lashings of gravy and sweet potato mash.

Looking good sweden! Im just fat,wont be able to tell im pregnant for another couple of months yet im guessing :haha:

Mother wow baby number 5, im juwt going on to baby number 4. Do you find it hard with 4? I also have one child with additional needs too, but he goes to school. It can be hard work cant it!

I just want to eat constantly!

It's been so long I can't really remember what it was like with 3 :haha: It's like anything really, some days are harder than others. Some days no one will cooperate or can be in the same room as each other, and other days they are all crammed in one room playing plants vs zombies in a team. My 9 and 5 year olds clash the most though. Emotionally the 5 year old has probably developed more. Maturity wise they are on the same level, so where I could say to the others "I know it doesn't make sense, but for the sake of preventing an argument, please just nodand say ok" and they will, those two won't, and arguments just drag on. But like I say, another day they'll be best friends, building a den or making scenes with toys.
School really didn't work for mine. We pulled him out after 3.5 years of trying to make the school understand him rather than punish him. He had some very worrying medical issues going on at the time and all the did was complain about him having time off for appointments. I don't drive, so couldn't really get him to another suitable school. Home Education seemed the only option.

Also, I saw my neighbour and was reminded (by the size of her bump) that she is pregnant, and the neighbour the other side is. How weird is it to have 3 houses in a row all expected a new baby within months of each other?
We only really talk to say hello, so the left side I only knew because I heard the sister when she was visiting telling her son that Aunty has a baby in her belly. The right side I took a parcel for, and it didn't have extra packaging and was a bouncy chair. DH has since seen her out front and said she looks huge.

Sweden, most people I know only have or want 2 and they seem to think im mad having another one already, having ivf though it’s not always going to work or takes a lot of time so I didn’t really want to wait
Also you have a lovely little bump already! I think I had a pot belly anyway but I’m definitely starting to looking bigger lol, with ds I wa showing at 11 weeks so 9 weeks now and number 3 it’s beginning to show!

Oh rose I couldn’t come cope with the beer smell either although I have to put up with awful snoring every night haha
Sorry you have the worry if where he is though, not what you need

Smiley, when is your scan? Sorry if you’ve already said!

Mother, that is a coincidence! Maybe they will grow up being friends if you all stay where you live

I’ve had a quiet day, not actually felt too bad for a change, had a major tired spell around lunch time that passed and I got some housework done, then just felt like I couldn’t eat dinner but managed some and then somehow managed 6 marshmallows lol

Hope it’s so hard not to worry, I hope you feel reassured after googling that it’s ok, but I understand we worry about everything in pregnancy
Are you going to have another scan soon?

Hey everyone, I've worked myself up into a bit of anxiety. I went out last night because two good friends were launching a new indie club night and they were worried people wouldn't turn up (actually, it was packed). Obviously I didn't drink and there was no smoking inside so it was safe enough, but I did A LOT of dancing. My dancing is basically like an 80s aerobics class (haha) with heaps of jumping and full body moves. I felt fine doing it and, to be fair, I am extremely fit (I play football at a high level - well, I did until a month ago ). But now I keep thinking: what if I shouldn't have done this??? I have a scan on Monday which is the same one I had 6 months ago when they discovered the foetus had no heartbeat so I'm really getting worked up and anxious thinking I've blown it just before passing a huge milestone. Help me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->