April ‘baby’ showers 2020

Welcome Smiley!!

Star I find the sickness/hunger thing the hardest. Like I’m nauseous but don’t want to eat. But then also know the hunger causes the nausea and you should basically just eat all the time to keep it at bay.

Mother and star- I literally can’t get through the day without a nap. Luckily 95% of the time I can work from home if needs be so can do it. Don’t know how people with normal jobs can handle the first trimester!

Yesterday I had a meeting which finished at 13.00. I tried to graze as much as I could but didn’t want work to spot I was pregnant so couldn’t as much as if I was home. So driving home I got really hungry and decided I’d stop for a McDonald’s. The salt on the fries was heavenly so I demolished them. What a mistake. Driving down the dual carriage way after I projectile vomited the whole thing up over myself and the whole car. Pregnancy such a beautiful time. Haha

Omg :haha: bet that was delightful :lol: Ive actually not vomitted yet, only time Im nauseous is when I wake up in the morning!

Oh Sweden! I keep wanting McDonald's, think you've put me off though hahaha.
I'm grazing all day. My nausea lasts all day too.

I’m getting nervous about tomorrow’s scan now, I was ok but I phoned to check I could do my blood test at 9:30 instead of 11:30 and the nurse said that was fine but she had actually said to my midwife on the phone they were going to do the bloods after the scan in case anything wasn’t as it should be and they needed to test for anything else maybe! Totally got me worried, she said she’s not saying there would be anything wrong but it was just in case, I said I’d still do the bloods first thing, if anything is wrong they can do more after
My midwife didn’t tell me they had said that, probably with good reason!
I’m still feeling pretty awful today, managed a nap when dh came home for a while which helped, fingers crossed everything still ok

Thank you smiley, will update when I can!

Good luck, I'm sure it's nothing unusual to do bloods after as a precaution in this situation

Star I wouldn’t worry- it’s probably just procedure. I’ll be thinking about you!

Smiley- my nausea is definitely worse in the morning now but it does last all day! Although today I only vomited once this morning- whoop!

Mother- I wouldn’t recommend McDonalds haha

Good luck, Star! Let us know.

My nausea really sets in around midday and gets worse as the day goes on. Weirdly, morning is the only time I feel okay. I can get up, go to the gym, make my way to work - and look forward to constant nausea and crushing exhaustion for most of the rest of the day!

I’m 6 weeks today and the closest I have come to morning sickness is some queasiness over a weekend when I was around 4 weeks. I hope it’s not a bad sign cause with ds I had more nausea than that this early. Going today for our first scan

Hope scan goes well aphy

Today was not a good day to have to fast, woke up at 5, banging head, drank water, vomited, managed to fall back asleep til kids woke up at 6, took them down, felt awful, went back up and sent dh down lol, got back in bed, felt so ill, threw up again
At the epu now waiting for bloods, dh waiting in the car and hopefully I can manage breakfast somewhere after, trying to drink sips of water on the hope it stays down!

Hope everyone else is feeling better today

Good luck star, I can't imagine fasting with morning sickness.

Good luck Aphy, this is the first time that I've felt nausea before 6 weeks, and then it was only a hit and miss little underlying feeling. About 6.5 weeks it kicked in properly. I've not been sick, but I just walk around gagging at everything then shovelling food in my face :haha:
Honestly though each pregnancy can be so different that even if you get no sickness at all it doesn't necessarily mean bad news.

I agree mother, I’ve never actually been sick in pregnancy before, just feel it like you then have to shovel food down haha
Blood test done, just about, my veins are so s mall she used the tiniest needle she could find and still another nurse had to squeeze an and pump my arm at the top to get the blood moving lol
had porridge and toast for breakfast and a coffee
45 minutes til scan, fingers crossed

Oh god. Could not imagine fasting now Star! Hope you’re doing ok!

Hope all goes well with the scan!

Star, you should be having your scan any minute now...good luck!

Our scan went well, all on track for 6 weeks so nothing to worry about

Hope everyone is feeling ok-ish today

Great news on your scan aphy

Star, i hope yours has gone okay too!

I think this is my worst day so far for symtoms, can barely keep my eyes open, my head is pounding and keep getting awful waves of nausea :sick:

Great news aphy!

All is well here too, 12 week scan 3rd oct
Feel rough but glad all is ok again
Just got in and ate bowl of rice krispies, half a punnet of raspberries, bag of monster munch and a mini cheese!

Glad to hear everything looked good on your scans Star and Aphy!!

I’ve had a tad less nausea today. Or at least been able to handle it better. But been craving a roast dinner so like a crazy person I decided to make one this evening. Bet I’m going to eat it way too quickly and see it soon after!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->