April ‘baby’ showers 2020

Glad you don’t have to see the consultant again mother, sounds like it would be easier for you at home, hate been restricted in birth, both times I’ve been on the drip and heart monitor so hadn’t now been able to move easily
Really hoping for water birth this time

Definitely. I mean I probably could argue the toss as it's only that there's an increased risk of bleeding and chances are that I won't get to the hospital anyway. I'm particularly worried that if ds2 is at football DH will be over an hour away, last time I was only in labour an hour and 15 minutes. But if I do argue and force a home birth I'll just be worrying about whether I'll bleed heavy afterwards. I've never bled much and don't even bleed that long afterwards anyway, but you never know I guess.

That’s nice you don’t need to see the consultant again mother! I’d be too nervous to do a home birth although I think they look wonderful and think it would be lovely in theory. But hopefully you’ll have a great hospital experience!

That being said, I had a super fast birth with DD, so OH will have training into how to deliver at home or the car this time. But they said in cases like mine they normally send a midwife out in an ambulance for subsequent babies as they tend to be quicker! What were your experiences- dud you have faster births with baby number 2?

Last edited:
I'm really nervous in case having a line in means I can't move around like I want to. Usually the biggest clue that I'm actually in labour and not just having pains is the fact that I can't sit down. I feel like it'll throw the whole birth off if I have to lay down.

My second was much faster. Third was longer by about 30 minutes and then 4th was much quicker again. DH missed the second and delivered the 4th before the midwife arrived haha

Second a lot quicker, dd was born 10/11 hours after contractions starting bad, ds 1hr 40 mins, thought the midwife was joking when she said Were going to have a baby in 10 mins, think I just said WHAT?!

Sounds like we have similar labours from the little you have said mother- as I also couldn’t sit down during my labour!

Wow so number 2 does seem much quicker!! My midwife warned me after DD based on her speedy delivery that she wouldn’t be shocked if I had a 30 minute labour with number 2! I bet I’ll have a horrendous 72 hour labour now!

Haha like she'll have jinxed it by saying it'll be so short.
I'm not sure if this one will take longer because it's been so long, although my friend had her 3rd in August with a 5 year gap and was super fast so maybe not.

My midwife said to me statistically the research shows second babies are always faster but then after then they have no idea! It can go either way.... seems odd to me- you’d think the more you had the quicker it would be each time!

At least your DH has experience of delivering already... you’re prepared if it’s quick!

Honestly, they are just there to catch them :haha: I was trying really hard to keep him in, wasn't pushing or anything. I kept apologising to him hahaha

Haha! Sounds like my birth with DD my midwife was shouting don’t push don’t push- and I was screaming back I’m not but she’s frigging coming!

So I ended up with regular Braxton Hicks every 2-4 minutes last night for about 40 minutes and this morning I have really bad lightening crotch. So I’ve contacted the midwife as now I’m a little worried and figured I’d never forgive myself if somethings wrong and I left it. I feel like I’m starting to get some pretty bad anxiety. Think it comes from feeling crappy with DD and thinking I was “feeling pregnant” and not calling and then getting PE and IUGR. So now I’m terrified to not notice a change...

I think that's understandable, it's so hard to know what is normal and what isn't even when you've done it before.
A friend said she had a line in as a precaution and she was able to move around as much as she wanted which is a relief. I didn't push with any of the last 3 and had this image of having a terrible experience this time to just kind of ruin my enjoyment of my last go at it :haha:

Ended up going in to get checked and all looked good. They are not sure why I’ve been getting strong Braxton Hicks or the pink discharge but said everything looked perfect, and again couldn’t believe how much little one was moving! I have weekly checks from now on due to my history with preeclampsia so hopefully that will put my mind at ease and keep me calmer..

That’s great about the line mother. I was thinking if it is just precautionary in case you need fluids surely that could just put in a Canula rather than a line to ensure you have unrestricted movement? And give you the line if you need it easily?

Glad all is ok Sweden, weekly checks will Be reassuring

Second 20 week scan today for the last couple of measurements,

That's great that everything looked good.
Thinking about it she must have just meant a cannula but she kept saying line so who knows.
Good luck star hope baby cooperates this time

Hope the scan went well Star!!

Those of you with experience of toddlers. My DD just turned 2- and has gone from sleeping 12 hours down to 10 at night suddenly. So she’s been waking at 5. Her day time nap has also shortened from 1h45 to 1h15. Have you experienced this and if so anything I can do to help the early wake ups? I’m trying to push bedtime back by 30 mins but she gets soooo tired.... she’s just grumpy all the time now and it’s tiring. Day care made me get her today as she was inconsolable.

I'm not a lot of help as my kids have all been rubbish sleepers. My best sleeper was ds1 who only started sleeping through the month he turned 2. They had all stopped naps by 18 months/2 years.
Instead of pushing it back 30 minutes could you push it back by 5/10 minutes for a week then another 5/10 minutes the next week so it's less of a jump even though it'll take longer. What does she do when she wakes up early? Would she be happy to come and snuggle with you or is she raring to go?

Tried the cuddling but she’s raring to go and then crashes an hour or so later. Well I got it 15 minutes later tonight so we will see what the morning brings I guess. I’m thinking I’ll try to treat it more like a night wake up again as 5 is just too early! Anything after 6 I’m ok with. She’ll be angry I don’t take her to snuggle (which is her kissing me saying wake up mamma) or not take her down but also feel like it’s becoming a routine now- so maybe if I consistently treat as night time wake she’ll get the message!

Wow they dropped their naps by 2! She struggles by 11 to make it until 12 for a nap- I cant imagine how she would be if she didn’t nap!

Good luck! I'm hoping this one takes after me and enjoys sleep :haha:

Got to 6.10 this morning so Im Happy with that! I put some snuggly socks on which I think might have worked, the temperature has dropped a bit here and although our house is super warm I think around 5 and she’s at some point in the night kicked the duvet off it must get a bit chilly! Fingers crossed it wasn’t a fluke though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->