April ‘baby’ showers 2020

Ahh glad all went well, look forward to seeing baby boy
It’s a nightmare with arrangements, my scan next tues is 3:30 so not too bad but at first they offered 9am Monday, umm never going to happen lol

Thanks ladies... Curious.. Are there any single moms here like myself?

He is gorgeous Mother!! I know you were holding on to a little hope of a girl so hope you’re doing ok! Here if you feel like you need to vent :hugs:

Thank you. I think I did a good job of preparing myself because although I'm not thrilled that he's a boy, I'm not upset either. It's just that it's so final, the door is closed on the experience of a daughter now. But there's some closure in that too really, and I'm glad I found out. And I really am ok with it. I think he's got a really cute profile and someone I've known for years said he looks like the others already. I'm just excited for a new baby, and in my Facebook memories a video of ds4 as a tiny baby popped up as he was only about 6 weeks old at this time of year, and I showed him and he said he really liked the baby grow he had on, and I'm sure I still have that as it was new for him so it's exciting to use that again. I tend to reuse the stuff in good condition and just top up a few bits that are purely their own so I'm looking forward to sorting all those bits out and seeing what's there that's still from ds1

Thats good to know you are doing OK! And as you say a thinking about bundle of snuggly newborn joy is just what you need to help on days you might feel sad about it, as newborn snuggles are the best either way! But don’t hesitate to vent with us if you need to. I felt so guilty and like I couldn’t talk about it when I went through my period of wanting a boy. So just want to make sure you don’t feel alone as it’s isolating to feel like that!

This pregnancy has seemed so surreal to me. Like I’ve struggled to feel it’s real! Even now when she’s kicking away I don’t know why but it doesn’t feel as real as it did with DD. I’ve started buying some things- the extra seat for our stroller to make it double and I’ll start buying new stuff for her room soon, so hoping that helps! I love her so much and when I stop and really try to imagine her being here I’m so excited- it just doesn’t come as naturally as with DD. But maybe that’s because my focus is on DD now?

Thank you. It is kind of a taboo subject because by rights you should just be happy to have a baby. It's taken years to fall pregnant with ds4 and this one, so I am grateful to have even had them but I think society tells us that we should have both. Every advert has 2 children, a boy and a girl, most movies with 2 children they have one of each. If people have one of each then others say "Oh lovely, you can be done now, you've got the perfect family, why would you have another?" I truly always wanted boys, I've got 3 brothers, 2 of them are twins who are only 13 months younger than me, I used to hang out with all their friends and play with all their toys and always thought boy things were much cooler. I knew where I was with boys and was hoping for boys to begin with. It just seems like at this point I should have had 1 girl, I mean, who has 5 boys?! :haha:
It feels weird to think that this is it. There isn't another one, and not because of the gender, but I've basically spent my whole adult life either planning to try, trying, pregnant or with a little baby. It was October 2004, and I was 18 when I decided that I wanted a baby, DH made me wait 6 months before he would agree because he said that he wanted me to be absolutely sure it was what I wanted. It had only been 2 months since I had left home and my mum had cut contact so I didn't have any family so he was worried it was because of that. When he did agree to try it happened first month. Ds1 was 4 months when we started TTC. And we just kind of continued in that pattern but with it taking much longer each time. We even started TTC when ds4 was little but then stopped when FIL fell ill and died, but we were always planning to start again. Once this one is here it's the end of all that. Which is kind of sad in a way.

I do know what you mean. I still haven't been hit with that realisation of having a baby. I thought maybe it was because it had taken so long to get here.

It is insane you will have 5 boys! And yes you should be happy you have a healthy baby but it doesn’t mean you can’t wish to experience the different things having girls has! Hopefully one of your boys will have a granddaughter for you to spoil in the future!
I can’t imagine how it feels to know this is the last one! We have not discussed how many we will have other than we will see how we feel. But a friend had a baby 24 hours ago and I love the whole birth/new baby thing that I got a pang of sadness that what if this is the last one and will be the last time I go through it! So I can’t imagine what that feels like when you know it’s your last one! I think if I didn’t have insane morning sickness I’d just keep going!!

Went to midwife and my BP is up. Showing signs of maybe getting preeclampsia again but hoping it was just a blip reading!

I would honestly keep going if I could, but logically I know our resources are stretched.

Fingers crossed it was a blip and you won't get pre eclampsia again

Some days I do think though that maybe if I learnt to drive, and could find a job that fit round DH then maybe we could have just one more :haha:

I’m glad you’re ok mother, a friend of mine is pregnant and has 4 boys, she’s not finding out this time but does want a girl, she had gender disappointment previously and obviously Will love her baby but can’t help wanting a girl (I’m not saying you have gender disappointment Just to clarify!) just that I understand what you’re saying about loving havinga newborn again and all the joy and love they bring
People always said to me well you’ve one of each now, as if that meant I didn’t want anymore lol, I think as everyone knows we had ivf then had one of each they assume we wouldn’t try again, we have 3 embryos left though and although I’m 37 next month I’d never say never (well at the moment anyway!)

Sweden I hope you don’t get pre eclampsia and your next bp is better

No news here apart from a horrible virus and cold, I hate getting ill when pregnant, with ds I was almost 8 months and we all got ill with viruses when we returned from Disney, swear it wasn’t normal flu
Christmas Day we were all so ill, I ended up with a raging temp and ended up in a&e and spent Christmas night in hospital on the maternity ward and half of Boxing Day on a drip of paracetamol and fluids, it had made my heart rate too fast and so was ds, I was glad I went in as I just thought the usual illness but then I didn’t realise how it could affect ds heart rate so I’ll definitely know for the future if It happens again

Oh star hope you feel better soon!! I also have what I think is a sinus infection and it sucks as you can’t take anything!

On that note are you guys getting/got the flu vaccine?

Hope you feel better soon!

I had the flu vaccine a couple of weeks ago.

I don't know why people find it so hard to understand that some of us enjoy having children. I know most people assume that I've only had another to have a girl, but we said when ds1 was a baby that we would have 5 or 6.

The thing I am having trouble with though, is names. I feel like I've used all the good ones as each of the boys have 2 middle names as well. Those that I do like are either really similar to the boys, or are friends children's names, or they don't go with what we have already or something. We are also running out of men in the family to include as a middle name.

I agree names are so hard! Know so many children with names I like but want something different but not odd lol

Dd is Madeleine Hope
Ds is Caleb Noah

I had the flu vaccine a few weeks ago Sweden

Yeah, I like traditional names but don't like to really know anyone with those names or want anything too popular.
Noah is actually quite high on my list.

I’d be stuck if this one was a bit as Caleb took ages to choose then I would have been annoyed I’d used my second favourite name as his middle name!

Noah was up there on my boys list too! Think it’s a gorgeous name. I can imagine it is really hard now when you already have 4 boys- I’m struggling for girls names after just 1! I have one in mind that I dreamt about but it’s a little more out there and need to run it past OH but he’s just not been in the mood since our scan as so busy at work. Hoping I get s chance this weekend!

Ok so I guess I should get the flu vaccine. I’m absolutely terrified of needles so been putting it off but my midwife yesterday highly recommended it!

I do think Noah fits well with the others, I don't want to commit to anything yet though. Usually I've had a name picked out for months at this point haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->