April ‘baby’ showers 2020

Little one is hiccuping away right now!! Such an odd feeling! Crazy how much earlier you can feel things with a posterior placenta!

that’s lovely, I remember dd had hiccups constantly but ds not as much

Hope your sinus infection is getting better Sweden

Yes DD had hiccups constantly too! Thanks star sinuses feeling better today but my DD decided to wake at 3 this morning and refused to go back to sleep. Have no idea why as she’s slept through the night, bar the odd weird period/illness since 5 months. So I’m completely exhausted whilst she’s bouncing off the walls. 1 hour and she’s going down for a nap and me too!! Feels like a marathon to get there though!

Im the same mother struggling with boys names, feel like ive used the good ones too.

I felt hiccups yesterday it was so lovely x

DH mostly just suggests ridiculous things rather than making serious suggestions.
I'm in a really irritable mood, and after a busy week I'm just ready to sleep now.

That’s what my OH does too mother! Drives me crazy! Hope the mood improves mother!

But can’t be too annoyed with OH as he surprised me with a weekend away for my birthday today. Not sure where we are going but looking at the list of things I need to pack I’m guessing spa weekend! Problem is I’m sooooooo tired if we do much tonight I won’t make it but at least I’ll have a good nights sleep coming!

So my grandad sent us Christmas money, I've got to draw out the boys from the bank to put into their money boxes, but I'm going to save my bit for baby stuff in the January sales. I've also just sat and made a list of baby things, right down to hospital and home birth box as either way I'll need a bag prepared and I'm not sure yet what the consultant will say with regards to home birth (first consultant appointment tomorrow)
I remembered that when we moved I went through everything too small for ds4 who was 18 months at the time, and managed to whittle it down to 2 black bags full. That's everything from new born to 18 months, so might not have as many clothes as I thought. My niece has offered me her son's things as well so that will certainly top it up and then I can just add a few bits I really love just for this one. I've also set up an Amazon baby wish list as I didn't realise they do offers. This months is spend £10+ on baby items and get these little food pots that are usually priced over £20 for free!

Good amazon tip mother! Hope appointment goes well
Must be a man thing as my dh always suggests stupid names as a joke and never anything serious!
I’ve got all clothes from newborn to now and dd is 4 so won’t be buying anything else other than what dd picked after the scan last Sunday

We’ve decided on a name though now, Annabelle Paige
I don’t think it will change either so happy I don’t have to think about it anymore lol

Sweden, lovely birthday surprise! Mines in jan and I just booked spa days for me and my 3 sisters as their birthdays are Oct,
Nov, Dec then me jan and my birthdays On a Saturday so going to enjoy some peace!
Was it actually this weekend you went away?

My next appointment is the scan tues which is the carry on from the 20 week scan so only a couple of measurements
Move been getting pins and needles in my hands sometimes like when holding my phone for a call or pushing the pushchair, today they’ve been a little bit tingly and I stupidly googled and said could be a sign of diabetes, I’m probably reading too much into it, my next gtt is 9th jan but I might call midwife tomorrow just for reassurance although I bet she will say to see gp! Always an effort getting to appointments with little ones and actually ringing up 500 times to get though to even make one!

I've been getting pins and needles at night and apparently it can also be carpal tunnel syndrome so try not to panic too much just yet with regards to diabetes. At least your next test is not too far off either way.
Good luck for your scan too.
Glad you managed to choose a name.

That’s a great amazon tip Mother- I’ll look into it! I have everything of DDs still but need to get it out of storage and see what state some of it’s in. DD was a frequent nappy exploder when she was little!

Yes I went away this weekend star! Was lovely and OH really treated me. The best bit was having some time together as it’s been a busy few months. Down side is my OH HATED my suggested name (which was Ottilie but Tilly for short). So back to the drawing board! Annabelle is a lovely name Star. It’s my sisters name as otherwise it would be OHs first choice!

My SIL got pins and needles regularly when pregnant and it turned out to be nothing- so don’t stress too much. But good your getting it checked out!

My braxton Hicks have really increased. And edging on painful now. Never had them this string with DD. I also had slightly tinted pink discharge yesterday- only very slightly tinged. Would you call your midwife for this? Everything I’ve read says it is normal....

I would probably over react and call her :haha: I think the main thing is that it isn't a lot, you're not in pain, and can you still feel baby moving?
That's a shame he doesn't like your suggested name. I feel so much pressure to come up with a name, my others were named by now and I even have my niece and her mum throwing suggestions at me now.
I wish I had had faith and kept more of the boys things as it seems silly now paying out for stuff to be used for one baby when I had it already and had used it for all of them, but we just waited so long to fall pregnant that I really thought it wouldn't happen again and was slowly trying to let go of the idea.

She is moving like an acrobat and kicking so hard I videoed it as you can see her little kicks on my top so that is reassuring! I’ve not had any pink discharge today so my gut is telling me it’s fine. I have this worry they’ll think I’m a hypochondriac if I contact them too much!

I think maybecits a blessing Mother. If you think this will be your last one you are going to get the experience of buying gorgeous newborn things for them again! I’m jealous as I sooooooo want to buy things but know it is ridiculous as I have a crazy amount of girls clothes ready to go!

That's good there's no more today and she's kicking up a storm.

Glad you’re ok Sweden and baby, trust you’re instincts if you feel you want to talk to midwife for reassurance I’m
Sure they don’t mind

I think worrying for nothing about the pins and needles, pretty sure it’s just a pregnancy thing, need to call midwife anyway and change my next appointment so I’ll mention it anyway

So I had my appointment and she's happy with me so doesn't need to see me again unless for some reason the midwife thinks I need to go back. I got to see the baby again. The first thing I saw on the screen was his legs spread and his bits, she asked if I knew what I was having, if I hadn't then I did right then hahaha
Any way, the upshot of it all is that she would recommend that I have a hospital birth. I'm ok with that in theory but a bit worried about getting there and child care. Her answer was that if DH wasn't home then call an ambulance, you'll probably be better off in an ambulance anyway, completely ignoring the fact that I can't really leave my other children home alone. But yeah, we will get around it all some how. If hospital is best that is what I'll do. She did say they will want to put a line in in case they need to give me medicine in a hurry, which I'm not looking forward to and hoping it won't restrict me, if I even get there before he's born haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->