April ‘baby’ showers 2020

Smiley- gorgeous little one!!

mother- ive also heard Going from 1-2 Is the hardest. Where as the later ones just fit in! Trying to prepare myself for the shock!
I think it really depends on the child though as I really believe some babies are easier than others!

Today I’m 27 weeks so feel like the countdown has really begun! I had DD at 37 so I’m my head it’s 10 weeks until this one makes an appearance! Oh my feels so close!

Yes! I would definitely agree that it depends on the baby. I do know people who had a really difficult first baby and their second was a breeze. A lot of other factors come in to it too, like age gaps and how much support you have around you. I think it's only harder because with your first you can sleep when they sleep and dedicate all your time to them, where as the second you can't sleep if your first is running round, and they have to get used to your attention being divided. If you've got a lot of support in those first couple of weeks that will make a big difference.
Ds2 was an awful baby. He cried all day every day until he could crawl, and then he got in to trouble almost immediately. He cried for hours every night until he was 2.5 years old. He was hard work during the day, he'd get bored almost as soon as you got him settled at something. On top of that I had PND so just wasn't coping with it all. If I hadn't had that, and he had slept a bit more and cried a bit less then it probably wouldn't have been such a hard transition.
Still I obviously went back for more so either I really am crazy or it's not so bad :haha:

Its certainly creeping up on us now isn't it?

1 to 2 was a breeze for me, but 2 to 3 really killed me off! Was a massive shock to the system. Hopefully 3 to 4 is easier.

Sweden, I meant I'm rubbish at keeping track of everyone here and popping in regularly. I kind of took a step back from all things social media... But thank you, and someone else... Can't remember who, for asking <3

I found 1-2 hard, dd was sleeping good then (just!) but ds breastfed 24/7 and it was hard with needing to look after dd too
Exact same age gap again this time, 2.2 months so I keep thinking back to how hard it was!
Also ds sleeping isn’t good, he either wakes up through the night 1-2 times and ends up in our bed , sometimes takes a while to go back to sleep, or he sleeps ok and gets up at 5, last 2 mornings I’ve been up at 5, its ok at the moment as dh gets up a while later and I go back to bed, but if I’m breastfeeding again it won’t be that simple, I’ve ordered bunk beds for the other 2 so I’m really hoping he sleeps better when he’s out the cot, just because dd was exactly the same at his age and started sleeping like a dream soon as she was in a bed, even though she still woke up early lol
Good thing is she now doesn’t come out her room til she knows we’re up but 9/10 we’re up quite a bit before her these days

28 weeks yesterday, getting so excited, midwife tomorrow
Just need to get clothes out the loft soon, sort through, pass some on to my sister for the twins then fill the nursery which is now emptying as I moved all ds clothes in the week to dd room

Other thing I done yesterday was order 300 photos off my iCloud and deleted all off my phone, I’m determined to do this on a monthly basis now or I end up with so many, how do people organise photos etc? It’s one thing that drives me mad when I’ve got a years worth I’ve done nothing with!

Mother- DS2 sounds like my DD! I think the good thing is having a fussy number 1 means I preparing for a second fussy number 2! I’m investing in a mamaroo this time round as DD loved being rocked so hoping that helps if this one also likes the same.
My gut feeling is this little one is a calmer bubba. BUT totally preparing for a baby with silent reflux, stomach issues and a strong willed personality like DD!

Smiley- hoping to also find 1-2 a breeze like you!

cupcake- glad you hear you’re ok!

Star- my DD was a great sleeper. Bar a few months ago when I asked you guys about her early wake ups which resolved as quickly as they started. Was terrified this would change when we moved her into her big bed. Oh how wrong I was! She started sleeping 13 hours straight at night and I’d wake her at 9 As felt that was long enough! It’s settled now back to about 11 but hopefully your DS will sleep better in a bed too!

ive woken up today certain to get baby prep going!! My OH is going to get so annoyed with me as I’m in the urge to get all sorted. I’ll be making him run round and get things out of storage

I need to finish sorting my room. I still need DH to go in the loft for clothes. I now need a new car seat as he put it in the garage without properly cleaning and drying it a few months ago and it's covered in mold.
Mine have all been rubbish sleepers in terms of frequent waking until much older than most people expect. Ds4 has only been sleeping through since last summer. Ds3 still has trouble with sleep. But ds1 was so chilled, he's still so laid back he's practically horizontal. Ds2 was quite a shock after that, if you have a chill baby first you get a false sense of confidence in your parenting :haha: ds2 is much easier now but has to be busy still

Oh my! My BIL has invited us all to a birthday dinner for MIL. It's in 5 weeks, and I realised that I will have only 7 and a half weeks until my due date then. How close is that?

Oh wow that seems crazily soon mother!
I just want to get to 30 weeks then I hope it goes quick, only ever been induced before so I’m hoping being the 3rd I won’t go over like with dd (2 weeks late) just want that excitement of labour starting naturally

The other thing I done nesting wise was wash all 3 car seats and covers, the spare pushchair hats kept in the spare car and our current pushchair I washed all the fabrics and footmuff and hoods (bugaboo donkey) so one pushchair seat has now gone away now it’s been washed in preparation for a carry cot to come out instead!

It's exciting seeing all the preparation start to come together. It feels like there's still so much to do.
Fingers crossed you can go naturally this time.

Wow that does make things feel close Mother!! Shame about the car seat..

star- really hope you get a natural birth this time!

ive taken the day off work today and I am fixing things. I couldn’t sleep last night as I was stressing so much. I have this feeling all the time little one will make an early appearance and it’s stressing me. So decided today I’m going to fix the things that were spinning around in my head last night so I can hopefully try to relax. My nesting seems on overdrive!

That sounds like a good idea. Maybe if those things are sorted you'll be able to relax a bit more.

Soooo I’m feeling much calmer!

Fixed the crib into the newborn position and made it up with her new gorgeous bedding (obviously I’ll wash it before baby comes). I also put up her bed canopy! I finally moved out all of DDs clothes from new babies room and into her new bedroom. Got the rocking chair out Of storage and babysitter and set up changing station in her room (we have one downstairs still for DD). I’ve ordered all the newborn things I’ll need changing wise/body care for the first few weeks. Also ordered a white noise machine and a baby monitor with 2 cameras so I can watch them both!

This weekend I’ll go through all the baby clothes I have in storage and take out the stuff I’ll need until 6 months. Also get the car seat out and inserts back in for tiny baby set up.

I’ll also start planning hospital bag soon and order the things I’ll need! I can’t really remember much of what I used so any essentials you think of let me know. I know it seems early but midwife told me to have a bag ready from 30 weeks (2 weeks away) as that’s when I developed Pre-eclampsia with DD and it’s good to have one to take in car if I show signs of developing again as it can change really quickly and I can go in for observation and then they might decide to deliver.

So all feeling real but feels nice to have her space ready! Felt so nice last night to go in and sit in her room on the rocking chair and take a minute to focus on her!

Ahh that’s all lovely Sweden!
So oragnaised, sounds like a good idea to start thinking about your bag
I was thinking the other day about what goes in there and my mind went blank!
Just thinking again I can think of

- newborn sleepsuits with intergrated scratch mitts
- newborn vests
I didn’t take anything 0-3 before and ds was 8.15lb and fit in newborn fine
- hat
- her baby Minnie Mouse teddy dd chose at Disneyland
- blanket
- cotton wool
- phone charger
- snacks, mainly for dh and sister if she’s can still be birthing partner
- shower gel/ shampoo/ conditioner for me
- maternity pads
- breast pads (going to find reusable ones this time)
- nipple cream
- nursing nightdress
- pyjamas too maybe as didn’t take dressing gown precious times, didn’t need it
- slippers

That’s all I can think of for now so any other ideas I’ll be grateful for!

Ohhh good list thanks star!!

Lip balm and hair ties are good ones! Also I’ll buy unscented gentle body wash as that helped a lot with the stitches and showering last time. Also someone told me gentle oil (Even olive oil) is great for wiping away their first poop and it worked a miracle with DD! So I’ll be definitely packing that.

im thinking I might get baby to bring DD a present. I’m thinking a selection of new books we can read during cuddle times (when I’m nursing) and maybe a baby carrier for her dolls as I’ll be baby wearing a lot. Did you guys do this? I’ve read it’s good to do!

I obviously didn't have a bag with the others but with my first I remember I didn't use hardly any of the stuff I took.
DS1 was also 8lb 15 but 14 years ago new born size only came in up to 7.5lb and he was particularly long and the sleep suit was pulling off his shoulders. I'm thinking of taking things for up to 9lb.
I've got a list and bought a few bits but not started packing it yet. On my list I've got clothes for baby, nappies, wipes (I go straight to wipes after the modeofe in the hospital made me feel like a complete fool for taking cotton wool with ds1. I intend to use cloth but just for the hospital I've got disposable) nappy bags, blanket. Then maternity pads, breast pads, underwear, pjs, spare pjs, something comfy to wear home. Lip balm, hair brush, face wipes, hair bands, tooth brush and paste. Phone charger, snacks/drinks, money for car park. I don't think I used anything else with ds1.

I'll be 28 weeks tomorrow and several times now I've thought or said "I'll be 28 weeks, just 10 weeks left" or when talking about a party ds4 has been invited to said "I'll be 30 weeks then, I'll only have 8 weeks to go until I'm due." If I was estimating how far I would be on a certain date I would expect to make a mistake, but this is simple maths. I don't know if I know something without realising it, or if its a form of baby brain :haha: my others were 41+1 weeks, 39+6, 40+3 and 40+3 so I've not got any reason to expect to go earlier.

Haha me too mother, can’t stop thinking about how long left there is! Dd was 42 weeks and ds was on his due date but that’s because I was induced on my due date, although I was 3cm dilated when I got there so I’m hoping this one doesn’t come too late!

Midwife all went fine Monday, she said I could probably labour in the pool but then we discussed the fact with both I had a pph and episiotomy and with both the drip came out my hand, we decided it wasn’t worth it lol

I do the same mother! When events are planned I look to see how far along I’ll be. I downloaded a calendar that has a chart of weeks pregnant by day and I always go to look at it when people plan future events! I wonder if your instinct is right though and you will go earlier this time.

Star- shame about the pool but at least you and your midwife decided it was not the best option together. Water births are not allowed here so not an option. You can be in the pool until 7cms and then you must come out. My plan was to do this but DD had another idea. Also as I walked into delivery I refused to wear a coat as I was so hot and just in a t-shirt as it snowed around me so not sure I’d have actually liked the heat in the end! Got so angry with my OH who kept trying to put a coat on me.

So in my nesting roll last night I got car seat and all clothes until 3 months out washed them and folded and organised in her drawers. I know I’ll wash them again nearer but they felt a bit like they had a film on them from being in storage so didn’t want to put them in her room like that. But now I actually think I’m sorted! I’m going to paint her nursery one weekend if I feel up to it but now I’m pretty set and it feels soooooo nice!

Trying to figure out what I’ll pack in hospital bag. With DD she was in premature for a few weeks so guessing I’ll pack 2 sleepsuits in tiny baby, 2 in newborn and 1 in 0-3. Plan for all sizes! I guess I’ll know more after my growth scan anyway!

That’s great Sweden, I still haven’t got the baby clothes out yet but the bunk beds are being delivered tomorrow so once ds is definitely out the nursery I’ll do it so I can use the cot to dump stuff in until dh puts it back in the loft lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"