April ‘baby’ showers 2020

I made it but we had a quiet one at home! I’m not treaty a New Years person.

Buttttttt we can officially say we are having babies this year!

I made it to about half 10, fell asleep on the sofa, then woke up for midnight haha
I know! How exciting. We will all be in the third trimester soon.

I made it to 8:30 lol
I’ve been feeling ill with a sore throat etc since coming back from hol though and haven’t left the house since sunda

I was in bed asleep by 9, fireworks woke me up at midnight but not for long. :haha: Happy new year to you all. X

Feeling better today thank god!

Gtt next thurs, midwife 20th and that should be it for this month!

Just made my first purchases. Got babies teddy, a lovely blanket, a bouncy chair, breastfeeding cushion and baby bag. Also got some breast pads and maternity pads.

Ooh exciting mother!

We had a big clear out yesterday, ordered bunk beds for ds and dd, so now just need a chest of drawers then will move them in together and get baby clothes out the loft for this little one

Hopefully In the next 2 years we will build an extension as our upstairs is quite small, 2 doubles and a single but there isn’t a corrider just like a hexagon shape at the top of the stairs with all doors going off it, which means you can hear everything!
Going to extend and convert the garage to a play room and build 2 bedrooms on top
Whether or not we will Ben able to afford it is another’s story haha

Well the plans all sound good anyway haha
I need some drawers for the babies things. We've just got 2 doubles and a single as well. The baby will have to stay in with us as long as possible until I can work out how to fit another bed in the younger ones room. DH made some fitted shelving before the summer too so there's less that can be moved around.

Oh exciting Mother!

I was at my midwife this morning and she gave me my birthing pack (all my info to take to hospital) and list of what to pack. We discussed my birth plan to and OH will go in for birthing lessons soon to prepare for quick birth again. Suddenly all feels soooo real!

She was also so cute and grabbed me some freebie bags from the hospital to take home with me today. So nappies, cream, moisturiser, a onesie, coupons etc! She said they are discussing stopping them so wanted to make sure I got a couple in case!

Now I feel in full nesting mode and want to get everything ready! We also have 2 doubles and a single, but converting the upstairs open plan living room into a big double room. Just need to get someone sorted to do it!

Eek how exciting. Our freebie bags are rubbish here. I got one at my 20 week scan and literally got a thimble sized pot of cream and a sample (one wash) of washing powder haha yours sound so much better.
I'm so worried about getting someone to the kids and getting to hospital and when it'll all happen and ds4 getting picked up from school that I almost want to be induced, even though I hear that hurts more and it'll probably ruin my good record and I don't like to interfered with and know deep down I don't want to be induced. It's just the idea of being able to prepare a date and know who will have the kids and where everyone will be.
Bought baby a little brush set today, was out getting ds2 a hair cut and had some time to kill before the train came. I feel like I need to start preparing now though as I don't actually have anywhere to put his stuff when it arrives.

I’m there too mother! My midwife said if I am that nervous of a quick unpredictable birth we could look at booking induction. Which in theory sounds great that I could plan but loved my last birth and so feel
I wouldn’t like the intervention!

cupcake- oh no sorry to hear you’re not doing ok! Anything we can help with?

Hi cupcake, hope you're alright.

Yeah I hear intervention just leads to more intervention and feel like it would just ruin my last birth experience. DH thinks I'm worrying too early, but I need to know what's happening, I can't wait until Easter then start asking people if they would mind dropping everything when I call to come sit with whichever children are home at the time, and I need to let school know who will be allowed to collect ds4 if the situation calls for it. His family are also notoriously unreliable, saying they will do things and then just not mentioning it again/not turning up. Honestly it would be easier to just go it alone but then he's missing.
I've even considered saying that I've got no other risk factors, last time I bled a minimal amount, the midwife will have stuff with her to stop/slow bleeding and an ambulance crew will be called as a precaution in that situation, so can't I just have a home birth again?

I totally get it mother! I only have DD to worry about but already want a plan in place! My OH also thinks I’m pointlessly stressing too early.
How far away is your hospital? If you’re deemed low risk I get the appeal of home birth. Unfortunately not an option for me- otherwise I’d also do it!

About 30 minutes depending on time for day, but they are replacing gas mains on the main road which is taking 42 weeks apparently so that'll slow things down. It's literally only the fact that being my 5th there's more chance of bleeding that's meaning the recommend hospital, I don't have any other risk factors for bleeding or for anything else really. I think it's going to be a case of planning for hospital, but being prepared for all eventualities.

But you don’t have a history of bleeding?

I think planning for hospital sounds good if that’s their recommendation but planning for home in case. I guess that’s where I am at too! Although they STRONGLY recommend me getting in to hospital due to preeclampsia history so they can monitor BP and strong family history of bleeding (although I didn’t have that with DD).

Nope, no history of bleeding. I lost a minimal amount last time (can't remember exact numbers but midwife commented that it wasn't very much) it's just because they say that more pregnancies equal "greater risk" of bleeding. So I could go to hospital, be messed about with, and only lose 200ml. But at the same time I could stay home, and lose 1000ml and be whisked off in an ambulance. My history says it's unlikely, but I know someone through this site that had her 10th around the time I had Ds4, all previous 9 were natural deliveries then she ended up with a section for number 10. Having things like that in the back of my mind make it really hard to just say "no I'm better off at home" even though I feel I am. I just need a plan for every eventuality. Someone to call who can drive if ds4 is at school or ds2 is at football. Confirmation that they'll send me an ambulance if DH isn't here. Preparation to possibly deliver in the car on the way there. Preparation to deliver at home if no one gets here in time. And possibly go it alone. Then just see what happens. Stressing isn't going to change anything really.

Today we are going to buy some drawers so I can sort out Reubens clothes. The things I ordered have all arrived but I need to find homes for them. They are still in a big box in my room which is a state as I still have bags and bags of clothes in there from my niece.

It’s really hard not knowing what’s going to happen mother, fingers crossed it all pans out perfect for you

I hadn’t my gtt this morning, felt crap all day after but only one of the blood tests took 2 attempts so better than last time
Fingers crossed for no phone call tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->