April ‘baby’ showers 2020

I got through at the time of my appointment and they said to leave it with them.
I know what you mean with the garden. It's like in the summer when they want a pool and by the time you've filled it they aren't interested any more (we only get a tiny one because of the water bill too)

Glad you got through mother
I feel like the last few weeks have gone quick but if we can’t get out and about much it’s going to drag
I know walks in open spaces are fine and I have a lot of that around with the beach nearby, problem is it’s down a hill and I struggle walking anywhere now let alone back up the hill! I don’t drive, dh does as has a taxi company but he’s always working, I’ll have to ask my brother to take us out

We are self-isolating here too! The weather is still crappy here though so the garden is not so fun yet. But looks like it’s improving later in the week!

Our schools/universities etc from 16 have closed today and they are trying to pass through a new law so they can close the remainder of schools/nurseries but keeping childcare for hospital/care workers. Feels nice they are taking it seriously!

I had to reschedule my growth scan so OH can watch DD tomorrow instead of external family member. So have it on Friday instead.

I can’t believe this is really happening. Feels unreal. It’s like a movie!

I hope everyone is ok. There’s a lot of panic with the virus, it’s truly a horrible situation. I did wonder to myself though, and not to try to play it down because who knows how things will be, but why didn’t we experience the same chaos with the swine flu pandemic in 2009/2010? As I recall, a lot of people died.

I went to day unit at the hospital yesterday for my BP. And as I thought, it just kept increasing because hospitals make me so anxious and I was shaking uncontrollably the whole time. So, I discharged myself after almost 7 hours of panic and seeing that the hypertension meds were helping. Had to go back today to check BP which is marginally high 140/83 (yesterday it went up to 175/93) but a huge improvement. They said I had trace protein in urine, which I always seem to have, but then the doctor changed her mind and said I had ‘significantly increased protein’. The midwife said it was trace too, so I don’t know why the doctor said that but it led to them saying they want to do alternate days monitoring BP and a sweep this Thursday, another sweep Monday and if they don’t work they want to induce me next Wednesday at 38 weeks. So I’m now an anxious mess

I did wonder the same with the previous diseases from the last decade or two, my friend almost died, as did her baby, as she contracted swine flu. They had to deliver him 12 weeks early and she lay in a coma for weeks afterwards. I can only think that it was not spreading at the same rate even though it was more deadly, and I remember being offer a swine flu jab during my pregnancy (we were due around the same time) so we were more prepared.

Gosh that's scary, I hope it all goes well. You could be the first of us to meet our baby!

Is the walking in open spaces just for social distancing or self isolating as well? Our dog is not happy that he missed his walk yesterday.

They've rescheduled my scan for next week. I pointed out the 14 day guidance but they were happy that it's a case of being overly cautious and unless anything changes we could go ahead next week. I thought the lady was lovely on the phone, she asked how ds4 is and everything. Much nicer than the midwife I had to talk to to reschedule that appointment who just spoke down to me and huffed and puffed.

It is like a movie, I never actually expected us to have to actually stay home. As much as I thought about taking them out of school until Easter I thought that they would still be there until the holidays as I'm so bad with decisions haha

Oh no Happy! I understand how being in the hospital increases BP. I think if I had a choice I’d prefer to deliver sooner rather than later in this chaos! I think the hospitals will really really struggle in a few weeks! Crazy that your little one could be here soon!

You can walk in open spaces and not see anyone during self-isolation Mother. So you can take the dog out but don’t meet anyone whilst out and if you do stay 2ms apart.

That's excellent, ds2 does not do well in captivity. He is literally like a caged lion pacing the room. We are really lucky as we are directly across the road from the recreation ground, which backs on to a wood and several orchards that people are allowed to walk their dogs in. It's rare to see anyone under normal circumstances so should be safe.

Hope you’re ok today happy and bp isn’t too high

Mother, that’s scary about he lady you knew who was In a Coma! Worrying times definitely

Sweden, hope you’re ok too

Day 3 of staying in and going slightly insane haha, if I could walk far I’d definitely be letting the kids loose on the beach

On a good note managed 3 loads of washing today and quite a bit of house work, it’s just a struggle to think of things for the kids to do, dd isn’t so bad as lived painting and crafts but ds just loves running around outside but not so much in the garden for some reason, typical as it’s big enough with a trampoline, climbing tower with a slide, swings and climbing wall and a summerhouse full of the noisy toys I like to keep out the house
Today he was up at 5:20 too so least he will have an early night

We've done some "school" work and then I rescued 4 cereal boxes from the recycling and the boys have all designed a board game each. Tomorrow we will use the boxes to begin creating the board games, and then eventually play and evaluate them. I need to ensure ds1 doesn't just hide in his room on his PlayStation and ds2 doesn't get cabin fever.

Mother, two of ours were making their own puzzles, seems like a popular activity. They did board games too :)

Had to go today for monitoring and a sweep. Blood pressure was up but not as high as Monday. The doctor today wanted me to stay in but after an extra dose of meds my BP came back down to normal. First normal result in days! Blood was fine. Urine initially had +2 protein but I didn’t get a chance to drink anything before I went in so I was really dehydrated, which was the only thing to show up on my bloods. So after some water my urine sample was down to +1 protein. Lab results for urine returned ok.
Still bruised from Monday after the 7 attempts to get blood from me! Thankfully the midwife today got my blood on the first attempt.
Sweep didn’t happen. They tried but she isn’t low enough and it was too awkward. Try again Saturday then Monday. But if she and I are just not ready, then I don’t see being induced working? I’m hoping my BP stays under control and if everything else stays fine then perhaps they will be happier to let me go into labour when we are meant to as opposed to trying to force it to happen too soon.

Saying that I totally take the point on having her before the situation gets any worse with hospitals and stuff. In part I welcome the idea, but I really want to avoid being induced and I definitely don’t fancy a c-section

Mother that’s a great idea

Happy, I’m glad you’re ok now, horrible about the blood tests though, reminds me of my gtt troubles!
I understand the thought that giving birth now would be better than in a few weeks but like you said, you need to be ready

Full term tomorrow!
Lots of Low down pressures and pains on and off, not labour I just mean in general but still glad to be feeling something

Midwife next Thursday, sweep should be on the 9th April if she isn't here

I just hope the social distancing is over soon, my sister is due start of June with the twins so hopefully we will be safe to get out and about more then together with the babies!

Happy hope you’re doing ok! From what I know they will induce if you’ve been diagnosed with Pre-E at 37 weeks as it leads to best outcomes I hope the sweeps work soon!

I had my growth scan yesterday. Baby still small (2kg or 4lbs4) but they really think based on my blood flow and monitoring baby she’s just petite like me and my OH, not small due to IUGR. Also my BP had been doing great so as of now they feel maybe they jumped the gun on my Pre-e diagnosis and feel it best to give her as much time to chunk up as possible. So right now won’t induce at 37 weeks. My DD spontaneously laboured then though so we will see. I’m 36 weeks now and it’s crazy to think she could decide to arrive in a week!

I also had a great chat with the doctor about delivery amidst all this chaos. Right now OH can be at delivery (if no signs of cold etc) and then can stay 2 hours with baby and me. Then he can’t come to recovery- can only meet us when we leave recovery! BUT the doctor explained if we decide to stay the minimum required time after delivery , which is 6 hours we will all stay at delivery for that time at which point we can go home and they’ll send out midwifes to check on us at home in the following days. She said based on increased infection risk in hospital (even at the best of times) this is what she’d recommend. This feels like an ok option to me and feels like I have a plan in my head! Obviously if I have complications we can’t leave after 6 hours but she said it’s unlikely they’d ask OH to leave in such circumstances.

Sweden that's great that she's just looking petit and that they are going to let you continue on for now.
That all sounds as positive as it can for this chaos. The main thing is that DH can be there to meet the baby, and hopefully you'll be home asap

Exactly! I was worried as my preeclampsia got so much worse after I delivered DD- that I might not qualify to leave after 6 hours. But the doctor said there is no reason to suggest that would happen again- so she couldn’t see why I couldn’t leave! The only worry I have is that with DD I had really bad after pains, worse than giving birth- so I needed morphine. Again though the doctor said that may have been increased pressure in my kidneys due to the PreE so we will see!

At least now I have some sort of plan. Not my ideal scenario but better than what I thought I had!

Sounds like a good plan sweden, glad baby is well!

What is everyone doing regarding visitors when baby is born? My sister will already be here with the other 2 but didn’t need know whether to let anyone else like mum mum visit? I’m thinking no but it’s just sad really but know it’s more important for everyone to be well

I asked my doctor and midwife about this and they said the advice they’ve been given is for newborns to not meet anyone who has not self-isolated for 14 days prior, as so little is known about impact on newborns.

I said this would be dang near impossible for us as DD will have to go to MIL, who now is working from home and not going out but FIL is still working. So we’ve done as best we can... MIL will likely come to us so DD doesn’t meet FIL. But seems sucky that no one else can meet her. My mum is devastated as she planned to come help me for a few weeks, after OHs initial 14 days. Can’t say that help wouldn’t have been appreciated either with a toddler!

Unless BIL is forced to by the government I can't see him taking time off work, he's a work-a-holic, and he's most likely to be the one here with the boys.
MIL doesn't have internet or anything to be able to even Skype.
I think I will say that those who have been isolated/properly socially distanced (so basically 80 year old MIL) can hold him. Anyone else (BIL) may just look. And keep everyone else away for the time being.
My mum lives in Gloucester and I'm in Kent so she wouldn't have been coming to see him immediately anyway.
My boys and DH, other than following the advice to say 2 metres away from anyone when walking the dog, will not be leaving the house unless absolutely essential so I'll just make them wash their hands before touching him.

After our leak put me majorly behind, I finally have the last load of Reubens clothes in the washer. There are a few socks and bibs left, and nappies too but I'm waiting for the rest of the nappies from my friend to arrive so I can wash them all together. I have 1 pack of disposables to see me over the initial few days anyway so I'm not panicking about those.

It's quite hard to demand people self isolate for 14 days considering you don't know exactly when a baby will arrive haha

It’s all so hard! Even if someone has self isolated for 14 days who’s to say they don’t need pick anything up on the 15th day
My sister who is pregnant with twins has been self isolating and so far her partner but only because he hasn’t had any building work
My dh hasn’t, he’s got a taxi company and obviously been careful etc but it’s impossible to suddenly stop working and have £94 a week universal credit they’re saying self employed can get when I’ll probably be on a lower amount of smp as only worked 12 hours a week
He will take a couple weeks off when baby Is here as he has other drivers but there’s so little work at the moment he needs to do the work himself rather than pay a % to another’s driver, even though it’s handy to have the option so we still have some money coming in without him having to go out himself

Having so many different pains again and pressure, please let it be a good sign as would rather she arrived soon before things get worse

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->