April 2015 Bump Buddies Wanted

I just made my first OB appt with the midwife but they won't see me until August 26th. I was hoping to get beta's done before that and I asked about that but they said they will just order them then...I would ask my family doc but don't know if my insurance will cover it now and then again in a few weeks.

Isn't it odd that they won't even order beta's until I'm 6 or 7 weeks? I'll be about 6w5d on my appt, too early to scan so I guess it's just an exam and blood work ;(

Hello everyone! Would love to join this thread also. I got my first BFP on Sunday August 10th and had a dr appointment today to confirm the pregnancy. EDD is April 13th but that will probably change since my cycles are usually 31 days and not 28. This is DH and mine's first LO and we are very excited. I'm nervous, hoping everything continues well. So far not a lot of symptoms except for definite increase in need to pee (sorry if tmi!) and a little bit more tired than usual. A big congratulations to everyone in this thread and sending lots of well wishes to all of you :)

Anyone else getting the odd sharp pain? Xx

Where are you getting the sharp pain? I've been having awful cramps that make me nauseous...anyone else experiencing that?

Laughs.. Yes! I have heard drinking more water and staying hydrated helps prevent it though.

Harri I am also having the odd sharp cramp like pain. Seems like they were less today than before but I still have the "full" uncomfortable feeling lol. I found I can't stand to have my jeans buttoned even though they aren't tight.

My progesterone came back low at 9.7 and it should be at least 20. I was really upset when I found out, it increases my risk of mc greatly, but I started the supplement last night and my RE will follow my labs closely so I guess I can't freak out, because we are doing what needs to be done. I'm eating right, getting exercise and doing everything I can to make this a healthy sticky bean, so I'm trying to relax but it's so darn hard!!

harri and Lotalaughs, I had off and on cramps starting at about 5 weeks and only in the last few days haven't had any. Some of them were quite sharp, and I was woken up in the night a couple of times. I never had any spotting though, so I think it's normal and your body adjusting to carrying a little one.

AFM, my symptoms are waxing and waning. I haven't been too nauseous the last couple of days, which is good but worries me. My bbs are still large and sore, so that's a good sign. And I'm soooo tired all the time! My first official scan with my doctor is Sept 9th, but I'm anxious so I scheduled an early one at a clinic for tomorrow!! Nervous and excited at the same time!

sekhmet good luck at your scan!! Keep us posted!!

I'm not overly worried about the cramping, sometimes especially when it's light it's almost reassuring because I know things are stretching and my uterus is trying to accommodate my little one.

I'm heading to the lab in about 20 min to get my bloodwork done again, hope I get the results today, I would hate to wait all weekend!

Sekhmet...Good luck!!

Dini...good luck with your lab results, thats good that they will be following you closely...if it makes you feel better, there was a girl on another board that had a prog level of 10.1 after her first blood draw and she gave birth to healthy twins in april!!

I emailed my dr about the cramping bc mine has been REALLY bad this week and i just wanted to make sure that was normal and they had me come in immediately for a scan in case it was a tubal pregnancy -- good news, no signs of tubal pregnancy --but it was still too early to really see anything other than the gestational sac so they said there is still a small chance of it happening but I'm not going to worry and just stay focused on eating healthy, getting to the gym and staying relaxed :)

Happy Friday!

Hello! Got my Bfp yesterday - due date 22nd April. This will be our first and we're so excited!

Hello

Congratulations everyone on their bfps

Can I join - I am due 17th April with baby #2

My lg will be 3y4m when new baby comes along

Xx

Welcome Hevs and peanutty!! So glad to meet you!! Congrats on your BFP's!!

Lota how are you??

Bean how are you doing?

How are everyone's symptoms?

Afm, I'm doing pretty well, no major nausea yet just queasy at times. Breast are a bit tender and larger by a little, and I have to pee all the stinking time lol. I also gag so bad when I brush my teeth, it's all I can do it do it without getting sick! I still have minor cramping, but it was better today. I swear I know it's normal but I still worry everytime I feel it. I am getting bloated and gassy really easily now and that's not normal for me at all, and I seem to not have an appetite instead of like others who want to eat all the time.

I had some spotting yesterday after work that upset me, but it was such a small amount I barely saw it and no signs of it since, and I know I strained myself right before because I was helping with a very large patient who was fighting against us. I'm going to call my OB anyway just to let them know, hoping it will convince them to scan me on the 26th when I go in for my appt.

Hey ladies!

Hope you're all well.

I was in hospital over the weekend. I have an infection but they were worried I had an ectopic pregnancy. We've been scanned, all is fine and I was measuring one day ahead so I'm 6 weeks now. I've got antibiotics for the infection so hopefully I'll be feeling better soon.
I have another scan in 5 days so hoping baby stays strong and on track. Xx

I'm not too bad thanks dini. Still very, very tired. 8:30pm and I'm in bed already!

harri glad its not an ectopic! Hope the antibiotics clear everything up quickly!

Dani, I'm good thanks for asking...as for symptoms, no nausea yet, really sore/tender boobs, instant heartburn every time i eat, still having cramping that's pretty bad...oh and i cry at the smallest/dumbest things lol! I have an appt on the 25th so i will be making a list of questions, anyone that has suggestions on what i should ask please feel free to shout them out! I'm definitely going to ask if i will get another U/S bc the tech said sometimes the doc will order a follow up u/s to check the progress and make sure there is not an ectopic twin developing. I'm sure its not but I would love to see more than just a black hole in my uterus haha. I'm also thinking about ordering a doppler at the beginning of september so hubs can hear the hb since he can't make it to my appts

Harri, glad its not ectopic...I had a scare like that last week!

hey ladies can I join? im due april 20th :) congrats on all the bfps!!
@lotalaughs I hear a lot of stories about woman cramping in their 4-5 weeks. they say its just growth pains and things getting shifted ect and to worry if its severe and If youre bleeding. but it is scary :/ I cramp sometimes. on and off and no pattern to it with occasional sharp pains that last for seconds then its gone but never to one side always in my groin are. for the most part I feel completely normal and sometimes I forget I am even pregnant.

h&h pregnancy everyone :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"