April 2015 Bump Buddies Wanted

Rainbow that's great that you baby has gone head down!
Hopefully mine does get the memo soon!!

I am on holiday for three weeks now. I've been counting the days til this holiday. I have so much stuff I've been wanting to do that I've been putting off and finally I can get stuck into it! Plus I go back to work for three and a half weeks and then I'm done until August. And my parents arrive when I go in leave. Time is just flying!

I don't think our little girl will ever STAY head down. Anyone else's constantly kick and come to the front of the uterus? She's been transverse for the majority of my pregnancy.
About 4 weeks ago she was head down, but now she's in a curve. Goes from stretch out to head down and back again!
Everytime I talk to mom's around the same due date as me, theirs has always been head down and experienced heartburn etc. Am I weird? lol

As far as I know my kiddo is head down. I can tell that he does do a curve and stretch out from time to time but the head is still furthest down near my pelvis. It seems to push and nudge his head down there very hard sometimes. It makes my hips achy.

Anyone having a baby shower?

&Beanonoder thank you! Hopefully your baby is head down nnow! :)

What does go in a curve mean? And I'm having a baby shower :)

I saw the doctor on Tuesday and sadly baby is still very much head up! So I'm now trying the exercises to get him to turn. But the doctor told me that even if he hasn't turned by 36 weeks I mustn't book the c section because as long as I'm pregnant there is a chance he'll turn. Doctor also wants baby to go to 40 weeks so even if I do have one he says they'll try avoid doing it at 39 weeks. Otherwise baby is doing very well!

I'm sadly not having a baby shower. I only have about 3 female friends that live in the same city as I me and they don't even know each other. No family here either. Makes me a little sad...

There's a site called spinning babies that gives you methods and tips on how to turn baby :) I didn't use any techniques ,baby turned on his own but I heard great things about that site so far.

What if you threw your own baby shower ( boring I know) and invite your 3 lady friends and have a sprinkle? Or start a registry and have ppl buy online and have it shipped to you. So sorry you can't have a shower tho :(

That's a bummer about the baby shower and the baby not being head down. I had a c-section with the second kid because he was breech. I had him at 36 weeks and a couple of days. I had already scheduled the c-section because he was so big that the doctors said he doubted he would turn anyway. I hope you're able to get baby to move. As far as the baby shower, do you have Facebook? I'd so you could do an event on there. Create your registry and have gifts sent to your house then open them on event day and post pics. It's just an idea.

Bean - A friend of mine had a cyber shower for her family and friends back in her home state. They all ordered the gifts and had them sent to her, and then they did a skype date and played a couple games and watched her open her gifts. I thought that was a cute idea.

I think my little girl is head down, but she could decide to flip again.. I have a scan on the 4th, I will be 33 weeks. I am measuring on the big side, and she had a slight heart murmur that they wanted to check on as well. So I guess we will know for sure her position on the 4th.

Thanks for all the suggestions about the shower. I'll look into it. I know people are sending things over with my parents so that will be nice.

I also have an appointment on the 4th! I'll be 35 weeks then so my weekly appointments start after that. I'll see the high risk consultant at 35 and 36 weeks and have scans then and he mentioned another scan at 38 weeks to check for anaemia again. Lots of scans!

I've been trying to do the exercise the doctor gave me but I'm struggling to do it. With the pain in my back and being alone with dd I can't seem to find the time to do it 3 times a day. Nevermind starting any suggestions from spinning get babies! I keep trying to remind myself that this is important but doesn't seem to help...

Hopefully she's head down now. I'm measuring ahead as well but idk how far. He said I have a whole lot of baby in there. I have an appointment on Wed. I'll be 31w2d. I wonder when my next scan will be

Ella was head down at my last appointment. I have a US on the 4th, so I will know for sure if she is still head down.. She likes my ribcage though.. it's so uncomfortable.

I am starting to wish that I didn't commit to work until she gets here.. I am already so exhausted.

I'm tired too and my back hurts. I feel like these last few weeks are creeping by. I try not to wish it away because I know I'll miss it and once he's out time will go by quickly

I feel like they are creeping by and going fast at the same time. I am so not prepared, mostly because we will be moving a month before my due date.... Starting to wish now I picked an earlier closing date on the house, but oh well. Can't do much about that now.

My nesting urges are starting to kick in.. I feel so unprepared.

aknqtpie I'm actually contemplating speaking to my doctor about booking me off a bit earlier. I go back to work on Monday and I have an appointment on Wednesday afternoon. So I'll see how the first few days back go but if I struggle too much I may ask him to book me off at 37 weeks instead of going to 38 weeks.

Fluterby I am with you - I'm sore and in a way just want this all to be over now. But being my last pregnancy I do want to enjoy the movements and all that.
I guess I'm 34 weeks today so not much longer to go. And once I get back to work time will fly. My parents arrive the day after I'm due to finish work and it will be amazing to have them here! I can't wait!!

I could leave at 40 weeks, but I want to make sure I get the most time I can with baby girl, and if I left early, and then had to sit around for 2 weeks until she got here, it would be 2 weeks less of leave I get after she got here.. so that's how I am looking at it.

But at about 37 weeks, I am going to start to do all the things that will help labor come on sooner.

ak - I agree I've decided at 37 weeks I'm going to try to get the ball rolling. I had an appointment today and my fat guy is measuring two weeks ahead.

I want to nest but I'm so limited. We will be buying a new house very very soon as we don't have room in our house now so baby will be in our room for a few weeks. I wish we could move before baby so I could have "busy" work to make time go faster

Flutterby - We are in the process of closing on a house. We move in in 3 weeks.. I will be 35.5 weeks haha. I already have the movers scheduled to move everything. :)

Baby is healthy and doing well but sadly still head up! He's tucked in there under my ribs and it's really starting to get painful now. If I lie in my right side I get this excruciating stabbing pain. Because everything is looking good the consultant has recommended I want until I go into labour and then they'll check the position and if he still hasn't turned, do the c section. Obviously they'll also keep checking until then too. I go back to the regular doctor next week so we'll see what she says.

In other news it's two weeks til I finish work and three weeks til my parents arrive! Yay. I wish I could finish work now. I'm taking quite a lot of strain there. At least the end is in sight!

Have you checked out the spinning babies website? It's supposed to give you exercises to help turn your baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->