April Blossoms Due 2017 - all welcome!

I am going to find out. I have a ton of respect for those that wait till the birth. It would be like Christmas morning on steroids. But I am too much of a planner. I have to know so I can buy according to the gender. :haha:

I haven't even gotten a call back from my Drs office yet, let alone an appointment. :dohh: my dr is highly popular so I'm not surprised. I only called for the first time yesterday but if I don't hear anything by the end of the week I will call again.

So sorry colta. Hope you heal quickly.

Nausea has hit more consistently all day since yesterday. I have been on vacation and return to work tomorrow so we shall see how that goes. Also feel feverish today. First doctors appointment tomorrow though so hoping that goes well. I have horrible white coat syndrome but hoping somehow to keep my blood pressure down. Thankfully my doctor knows that this happens to me and that I check it outside of the doctors and it is low average range.

Husband and I are hoping for a boy since we have many friends and family with little boys they could play with. I for some reason though feel as though it may be a girl. We will be happy either way as long as they are healthy this is our first. I would love to find out since I also like to plan but he wants to not find out and I wouldn't be able to keep it a secret. So likely team yellow here unless I can change his mind.

Colta- I'm so sorry. Sending healing thoughts your way. Xx

Pooch - thanks for the link, it came up girl too. I am so convinced now that if it ends up being a boy I'll be so shocked!!! Plus we have a long list of girls names but struggle with the boys. Guess we've got plenty of time to think.

Stategirl - I'm the same. I kinda want to know but DH absolutely does not want to find out. I think it needs to be a joint decision as is probably slip up and let it out.

Kazy - sorry you're feeling rough. How long do you have to take the progesterone for, is it just the first tri? You're right, it is very hard to enjoy these first few weeks after a loss. It's so very different to last time. I have a scan on Saturday and I'm already feeling a touch nervous. It's those few seconds of silence as they are finding things that I hate.

Mrs unicorn - yes only for 1st trimester. I'm not convinced it's really what's causing it because I was on them for an entire week before ms started. But either way it's worth it. For my scan last week I literally walked in the room and immediately said the following " so I've had a few losses and I know you can't diagnose anything if there is a problem. But could you please do me one favor? Can you tell me as soon as possible if you see a flicker? I just am so nervous and need to know that as soon as you are able." I was completely.straight up because when I had my mmc they didn't say anything! I sat through am entire scan with the tech and some lady training literally in silence for over 20 minutes. It was miserable. I was so shocked that I never asked. I decided I wouldn't go through it that way again if I had a choice.

Oh Kazy that's terrible. Don't people realise how nerve wracking it is. I've also done that, gone in and told them about the MMC. At my private scan she talked the entire time but at the NHS emergency scan she said 'I'll be quiet for a few seconds so don't panic' well, you do anyway. Luckily it was probably only 10 seconds, it could have been less, but it feels like forever.

Has anyone been having weird dreams? I've had some really odd ones the past few nights!

We have always had a hard time coming up with boy names so it's been good we've only had girls! Our last name ends with 'n' so all of the names I like that end in 'n' sound stupid!
I finally got morning sickness here at 6 weeks. Very mild so I shouldn't complain but it does make me want to eat more. Just bought motion sickness bands (they put pressure on acupressure points) and two packs of gum to try to help.
I work from home but have to go into the office three days next week...hopefully nobody will question my weird motion sickness wrist bands! Long sleeved shirts in 90 degree weather!

Do you find the bands help? I used them last time and didn't find them useful, but I'm not nearly as sick so far (knock on wood). Might help with the mild case of nausea.

Seabands don't work at all for me. I split a B6 and take it every 12 hours and Unisom at night. Makes me feel a million times better.

I can't do Unisom. Do you think just b6 would work alone?

Probably not as much but yes. I only take the other half of the B6 in the day and it helps. Some people take half the Unisom and only at night if that helps? I already have to take sleep aids for insomnia so I'm used to it.

I had a scan today and baby is now 1.6cm with a lovely strong heartbeat! I cannot believe it's tripled in size since last Thursday! Measuring at 8w now, so much closer to my lmp dates. How funny is this picture?! It almost looks like a jellybaby!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 0
Congrats Mrs!!! :cloud9:

I had a scan today too. They dates me 8+3 and everything looked good! Saw and heard hb, lots of wiggling and a few piccies! Very happy!

My MS has been full on for over a week and I'm on anti-sickness mess and using sea bands. Takes the edge off but still feel awful! Fx it passes soon! Midwife appointment on 8th sept and 12w scan end of sept. Can't wait!

Hope everyone is ok! :hugs:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 2
Yey ceri congratulations! It's such a relief isn't it? And that's a fab picture too!!

Congrats to all the ladies who have gotten their scans!

Few days ago I got my first ultrasound, couldn't see clear enough in the normal one so then switched to transvaginal. Our little baby was there! I was so relieved, measured 8 weeks 4 days. (I'm 9 weeks now) The little heart was beating at 176 beats, which is a little high but she didn't seem too worried because my heart rate was a bit high too. (They said the baby mimics the mom's heart rate, and also said I need to drink more water...struggling to with my intense all-day sickness)

The baby even did whole body wiggles for us!

You can't know how relieved I feel that everything is okay in there....to celebrate my husband and I then went and bought a cute newborn outfit. :)

:')

Awww twinkle how cute!! Congrats! The doc said ours is tucked away in a corner so we couldn't get any super clear pictures but it's amazing what you can see on screen. We also bought a little newborn onesie to celebrate, it says 'welcome to the world'.

Also, does anyone or can anyone make a little logo for our April group? I've seen lots of ladies due in other months with a logo in their signature, thought it'd be nice if we had one too maybe? Not sure how we go about getting one though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->