**April Bunnies 2015**

Stripey Cat- I am laughing as I had to re-read what I typed to see if I said anything about Monday morning. Then, I saw what I wrote was very misleading. I had meant that my scan on September 29th is on a Monday morning. :rofl:

I'm so excited! I told my husband that I was waiting to hear about a doppler from the used baby goods store. And he said, "Oh, just get a new one. At least if it doesn't work, you can return it. And you'll know it's brand new." So he just ordered me one. It will be here in 2 days! :happydance:

That's awesome Rebecca! I love our doppler, I couldn't commit so I rented one :rofl:

Northern, when you get a chance (or see this :haha: ) can you change our due date to April 8th? We decided to go by our first ultrasound since we aren't 100% sure when she ovulated anyways, might as well give us two days :rofl:

Sounds like your husband is being extra sweet Rebecca! Good for him! I'll be excited to hear about your doppler experience. I don't think I'll end up getting one, but I think it's really neat. :)

My lower abdomen is so sore. This happened before and I popped a little. I think I'm gearing up for another pop.

I can't believe this weekend is over already. It has flown by! Week 12 has flown by so quickly too! Only two more days left!

Also, DD just said something really cute. She must have overheard someone saying the sicker you are the more likely it's a girl or something. I was just getting sick and she came to the bathroom door and goes "Mom, you've definitely got a girl in your belly. Your throw up meter is full!" My throw up meter is definitely full, kid.

Northern, that is so cute. My DD often makes things better that way, too. <3

Dini, my next appointment is on October 8th @ 12+4. I can't wait to tell DD after! When is yours? I think my dr. waits until 22 weeks to do the next/major/gender one... Not sure if I can wait that long! :p I admire the patience of you staying yellow. Amelie, I had many scans confirming DD was a girl, and when she was born I still asked "Is it really a girl?" And then I checked for myself! :wacko:

I love hearing about all your doppler experiences!

I had so many responses I wanted to write... and now I can't remember anything I wanted to say! :dohh: We looked at houses all weekend and I am completely exhausted... and still not sure if we're really going to move. A big part of me wants to wait. And I'm dreading talking to my boss tomorrow! :nope:

Tara our girls are just a few months apart. She will be 6 in November. This is my favourite age so far!

Northern, I totally agree! For us two through four were difficult years, but 5 and 6 have been pretty amazing. The level of independence she has reached is impressive (enough that I finally felt comfortable having another baby!). :)

3.5-5 was our worst years. I think people mostly have kids before they hit 3 years or wait until they get past 5 haha. She is such a good girl but was brutal behaviour wise for a while.

Northern- I love your daughter's response! That is cute and funny! I just love the things that kids say. They keep life so entertaining. :)

My son is much younger, but our toughest year so far was when he turned 2. He was very bad and publicly humiliated me numerous times. I just love getting judgmental glares from other people. But the older he is, the better he behaves. He had a rough patch right at turning 3. However, with each month, he just keeps getting better and better. I hope this continues. I'll definitely need it when a 2nd baby comes!

Tara, my next appt is Thursday but it's not a scan, just regular appt. I will schedule my NT scan that day so I'll let ya know when! I just can't wait until that scan because then we will announce to the world and it still feels so far away. I do feel like the last week or so has gone by faster than the last several, how about you ladies?

Rebecca that is so sweet of your DH, and you will be so happy when you get it!

Northern that is so stinking cute what your dd said!! Maybe she is right about the girl as well as your throw up meter.

Rebecca- so sweet of your DH to get a doppler! so exciting that you'll get to hear baby's hb soon.

northern your dd is so cute!

You guys are making me nervous! Dd turns 2 in December and she can be quite a handful. She is very headstrong and stubborn so screams a lot when she isn't getting her way. Its very embarrassing in public! In general she's not too bad, just when it comes to not wanting to be in the stroller or high chair or wanting to touch things...

I was told to go back to the doctor in a month but I can't go then. Now I'm trying to decide whether to go this weekend (it will have been three weeks), try get an appointment on the 9th (just over a month) or wait until the 18th (6 weeks). I got a message saying my blood tests are ready so I don't really want to wait too long. We have a week long national holiday coming up so that's why I'm having a hard time scheduling.

Beanonorder, I think I'd try the 9th if you can do it. But I understand about not wanting to wait to long to see your tests. I can view my results from home a few days after my doc gets them, except the cystic fibrosis marker test and I figure if it was bad they would have called. But still want to hear all is good.

I feel crummy again tonight, sore throat is back and my body is achy and tired. Took some Tylenol hopefully will help me enough to get some sleep. I'm off work tomorrow thankfully but go back on Tuesday so hopefully I feel better by then.

Dini I think you're right, I'm just not sure if the English speaking doctor is available on a Thursday. And unfortunately over here they wouldn't phone me about my blood tests even if something was found. I'm surprised to have even received a message to say they are ready!

beanonorder- if it were me id be trying to get an appt as soon as possible!!

dini- hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Haha beanonorder so the results just lie around? Sometimes that's actually how I feel about my dr's office... they've never called me back with results I always have to call in. Kind of annoying.

I've been SO tired this weekend! I feel bad my poor dog doesn't get any attention, I just CAN'T do anything but sleep until the evening, then I'm full of energy ;) Okay not full of energy but at least I can keep my eyes open long enough to read a chapter of a book for homework. Bahh I need this to be over... I wanna deep clean the house before DH gets home but at this rate nothing will be done. I'm currently drying clothes for the second time cause they've been sitting in the dryer for 2 days :blush:

northern that's so cute what your daughter said!

So you guys that have older kids, just out of curiosity - what do you do when they throw tantrums in public? I work at a restaurant so I've seen parents take their kids outside, just let them scream and deafen everyone around, yell at them so they start crying... I've always said if my kid was acting up in public I would definitely leave said public place but I have a feeling it's way different when it actually happens with your kid lol.

My DD1 will be 4 in December - she has and still does on occasion have public meltdowns. If I was in a restuarant or a quiet place I would remove her but then tbh I have to ignore her because she just needs to get it out of her system.

In a supermarket or shopping centre I would just ignore her. A few weeks ago she was screaming and refused to walk in a shopping centre (a big one with polished floors) Me and my husband just walked off and she shuffled along on her bottom behind us yelling at us a lot. Hehe. Non parents probably thought we were awful.

DD2 is a lot more mellow than her sister and doesn't really tantrum...yet.

It depends on the situation. I never yell at them. Sometimes I'll just ignore them. Other times I'll pick them up and stay outside until they've calmed down. If I see it coming I'll always try to distract them before a tantrum becomes inevitable.
My third daughter literally tantrumed every single time we went food shopping. I was a single mum so I just locked her in the pusher or trolley and shopped as fast as I could. It was put up with the tamtrums (I ignored her), or never eat. I got lots of bad looks over the years, but one woman came up to me in the middle of a tantrum and told me I was doing a great job. It meant the world to me... I still remember it almost ten years later.

We're all still sick in the house. Looking after two sick littlies while feeling like I've been hit by a truck myself is killing me. :-(

Oh well, first day of yummy spring weather today, and so much to look forwards to!!

Hope everyone is going ok!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->