**April Bunnies 2015**

Yeah I guess it would be different depending on where you are... quiet place vs. supermarket etc.
Thanks for sharing ladies :)

ssjad hope you all start to feel better soon! Wait, spring weather? Where do you live?

We're in Australia, and thanks for the well wishes... sunshine definitely makes it better :)

Ahh I see. And here I am so happy that it's about to get colder. :haha:

Luckily DD never ever threw a tantrum in public! She just didn't listen at all at home.

We are in the middle of a gigantic rainstorm. Can't wait to go out in this today.

and I'm still melting in our summer heat! they can say it's not summer anymore but I won't believe them!

Glad to see every one is doing well! We go for our first appointment tomorrow. Got to see the baby on the u/s two weeks ago. Excited for the check in. They said they mighy do a bedside one, which will be nice because my husband was not able to come the first time and only saw the video.

I'm a very grumpy winter person! For some reason I always have summer babies... obviously like BDing at the same time of year ;-)

Good luck at your appointment tomorrow, MrsA!

I seem to get pregnant again with the youngest child is 18months old....hehe.

This will be my warmest weather baby. Both my girls are snow babies.

It was snowing when I had DS in February so it'll be nice to have a spring baby. I prefer it when it's a bit colder, one of my favourite things is shopping for snuggly jumpers.

Big reveal this weekend. Saturday was my mom's birthday and my parents were in town. In her birthday card we wrote "Happy Birthday from me, DH, and the Easter Bunny (due 4/10)." Well, I guess it was too subtle, because my mom read it, shrugged and went on to open her present. At first she thought we were getting a second dog, but waiting 6 months. :wacko: We had to keep telling her to think about it. But then both mom and dad were ecstatic. We skyped my sister and told her the news- she was very happy too.

Sunday we skyped DH's family (they live in Europe) and told his mom. He had already told his sister, and sent a bottle of champagne. His mom kept asking us if it was really true, then broke down crying. Finally she got really silent, and you could just see her doing calculations in her head. They were planning on coming in August, and I just knew she was trying to figure out if she could come earlier than that.

We're going to tell the rest of the family once the NT scan is done on Wednesday and after we check out the SCH one more time to see if everything is progressing alright. Only having dark spotting at this point and some pin-pricks of dried blood, and last week they said it looked like it was almost all clotted. I think another lady used that term (pin-pricks) as hers was dissipating, so I'll take it as a good sign. Last week's scan was right on schedule- 174 heart beat, measuring at 11+1 (LMP had us at 10+5), placenta forming away from clot, yolk sac disappearing. After 2 1/2 years of trying, I'm not taking any day of this pregnancy for granted. :hugs:

Great reveal! OH's mom didn't get it right away when we told her either.

I think I've crossed into thinking I feel baby and definitely feeling baby. She was active all last night and now again this morning. She moves a lot when we use the Doppler and I guess she is just now big enough for me to feel that.

So you guys that have older kids, just out of curiosity - what do you do when they throw tantrums in public? I work at a restaurant so I've seen parents take their kids outside, just let them scream and deafen everyone around, yell at them so they start crying... I've always said if my kid was acting up in public I would definitely leave said public place but I have a feeling it's way different when it actually happens with your kid lol.

I agree 100% with ssjad. It all depends on the situation. I used to think it was so simple...until my child started doing it! Sometimes, he would tantrum because he wanted to leave. So, all leaving would do would be to give him his way and have him think we were giving into a tantrum. So, we started getting creative. If we were all out together, I'd take him to the car where we would sit while my husband continued to shop. Well, he hated that because that's boring. So, it was like a time out. I have left some places if leaving is not what he wants, though. For example, we were in the toy store once and he was acting out about not getting a toy he wanted and we just left. I have also taken toys up at home, which works. Another strategy I tried that really worked was going somewhere without him that he wanted to go because last time he acted out. He LOVES to go to the library, but one visit, he threw himself on the floor over some issue he had. I took him out, told him he knows better than to behave like that, and that I'd be going to the library without him next time. That was like the worst. He knew I did because I went and came back with books without him. Ever since then, he has not once had a tantrum in the library. He always helps and he makes all of the people smile. He puts his old books in the book return, and then gets on a stool to check out his new books himself. And there is a librarian who gives him a "super library helper" sticker every time. It actually really helps to have strangers reward him for good behavior because it makes him feel extra special and want to behave more. But he hasn't had a tantrum in public in a long time. And now he rarely has tantrums at home.
He's also on a behavior sticker chart at home. He gets a sticker every day, but if he has a tantrum, no sticker. He can also earn an extra sticker for being extra helpful--like he helped me put the laundry away yesterday. When he gets 5 in a row, he gets a very special reward. He got to stay up late on Friday night because he got 5 stickers last week.
I keep editing this post because I keep thinking of more things. Another important thing I've found about eliminating tantrums in public (or other unwanted behavior for that matter) is to be consistent. If I say I'm going to do something, I need to do it right away. Otherwise, he won't ever take a warning seriously or he'll keep pushing because there are no clear boundaries. That's probably the teacher in me, too.

I'm planning to buy DS a best big brother t shirt and pop it on him and see how long it takes for people to notice. I did cards with DS and it took my mum a while to get it, she thought I was just calling her old because it said congrats on being a grandma in it!

I think I am actually going to starve to death today. The gravol is helping and now I'm dealing with uncontrollable hunger. I have to go home to eat something for lunch. I brought my lunch but had it gone by 10:30. I've been hungry ever since, too. I know baby is doing a lot of growing but holy smokes I am starving.

Your reveal ideas are so cute!! I think when we tell my brother I'm going to get him a congratulations card and put "you're becoming and uncle" inside. He has given up on me ever having kids. He's 8 years older and his youngest is almost 15. His oldest is almost 25 she's ttc as well.

Well northern at least you can eat today!!!

Hi ladies! I'm eleven weeks today :happydance:
We have an appt on Wednesday! Can't wait! Do you think I should expect a pap? I'm hoping not...I hate those. I already had an ob appt at seven weeks and he didn't mention anything about it.

Glad to hear some if you are feeling better...really hope the nausea gets better this week....if not I know this should be the beginning of the end for it. Have a good Monday ladies! :flower:

Great reveal ideas. I have told my family and didn't do anything special just told them I am pregnant lol

One week tomorrow until my scan!!! I can't wait I feel like apart from a couple of us most have had a scan so I am excited for mine hehe!

I am really excited for finding out gender and I worked out it will be around end of November/start December when my 20 week scan is. Hoping for a boy as just had one so have everything :haha: but for some reason my heart says I want a girl so either way I will be pleased.

Anyone have a preference? X

Northern- Glad you are feeling better...even if you are hungry now. I am hungry every 2 hours like a newborn.

Kalabear- Happy 11 weeks! I had a pap at my 7 week appointment. At least it's out of the way.

Scottish- The further along I get, the more I want a girl. I will be happy either way. But I really just want to see what having a daughter is like. My son wants a brother though.

Hi ladies had the scan today and all looks fine (have no idea how to post an image on here from my phone??). Have been put back a week though as baby was measuring 10+2. Kinda thought I had ovulated late as it took a week after my af was due to get a bfp. So another scan on the 6th Oct which is nice as I get three scans this time (all being well) instead of just two like last time.

So back to being a prune ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->