**April Bunnies 2015**

Stripeycat, so glad all went well on your scan! Kinda a bummer to be set back, I was as well but as long as it's all good that's what matters!!

Kalabear, yay for 11 weeks!! I also had a pap at my first appt which was about 6 1/2 weeks so I don't know. I know unless you recently had one they want one in the first trimester usually.

I think in my heart I lean towards a girl because I always wanted one but I really will be so happy as long as it's healthy! Girl shopping is so fun though!!

My scan is tomorrow. REALLY nervous about what they will say about the SCH. I hope it has at least stopped growing. I'm nervous about everything else a bit too (Just because I wasn't on folic acid when I conceived and by the time I found out I was pregnant I had basically missed the boat- and I'm supposed to be on high dose before getting pregnant :/) but not as much as the SCH. I am still listening to baby morning and night on the doppler and hearing baby's heartbeat nice fast and strong. Which is something at least. Finding it hard to already be so far along and have no real guarantee that this baby is going to be for keeps yet. Hoping with everything I have and sending all my positive energy to baby. I just want good news tomorrow morning.

I'd love a girl but I would also love a little brother for Ashley so I'll be happy either way.

Anyone else very blocked up in the nose? I'm thinking it has to be pregnancy related. I've had it for 4 days now and dd hasn't caught anything off me yet, so I figured its pregnancy related :( it's so annoying. I love breathing out normal through my nose :brat:

GL at your scan Counting :)

I'd love a boy, would really love to compare their little personalities :) my dd was such an angel when she was a newborn. A god send lol. Only cried when she needed something. Now she cries and screams when she doesn't get her way lol. She's a little drama queen :haha: :)

I honestly think I'll be the last to have a scan just about! I don't even see a MW for another week...

Yes, Sharn...it is a pregnancy thing. I've had either a runny nose or if I lay down a stuffed up nose for weeks. Something to do with producing extra fluids for the baby/sac I think...we just make extra fluid all over (same with increased discharge).

Stripeycat, so glad your scan went well!

Woke up to more bleeding this morning. I had gone about a week without it, so that has been a nice respite. But at the u/s on Thursday my OB showed me the small SCH and said not to be surprised if I had more. I had the first bout of violent vomiting last night which I've experienced in this pregnancy. (Not sure if it was pregnancy related or I ate something.) I am wondering if the extreme ab contractions that come with vomiting could have knocked some blood loose or stretched it to cause more bleeding. I'm not that worried, doctor said after looking at it that it doesn't increase my chances of miscarriage. But it's just bothersome and stressful even knowing that everything is fine. I am thankful my doc said if I was ever stressed I could call up there and she would squeeze me in for a quick u/s to peek at the baby and be sure all was well.

Sorry you're having a rough time Sarah.

Amelie I don't see a midwife for another 2 weeks and then my scan is 3 weeks tomorrow. Hope it hurries up.

Yes, Sharn...it is a pregnancy thing. I've had either a runny nose or if I lay down a stuffed up nose for weeks. Something to do with producing extra fluids for the baby/sac I think...we just make extra fluid all over (same with increased discharge).

Stripeycat, so glad your scan went well!

Woke up to more bleeding this morning. I had gone about a week without it, so that has been a nice respite. But at the u/s on Thursday my OB showed me the small SCH and said not to be surprised if I had more. I had the first bout of violent vomiting last night which I've experienced in this pregnancy. (Not sure if it was pregnancy related or I ate something.) I am wondering if the extreme ab contractions that come with vomiting could have knocked some blood loose or stretched it to cause more bleeding. I'm not that worried, doctor said after looking at it that it doesn't increase my chances of miscarriage. But it's just bothersome and stressful even knowing that everything is fine. I am thankful my doc said if I was ever stressed I could call up there and she would squeeze me in for a quick u/s to peek at the baby and be sure all was well.

I'm glad your DR isn't worried, hopefully that helps you relax and feel better :)

My booking in appointment was on the 13th and I'm almost 12 weeks with no scan date in sight. Phoned up and apparently when I was booking in they didn't fill in the hospital I plan to deliver at...grr! So I'm not even properly in the system...so they've put it through as urgent and hopefully I'll be given a scan date soon. Stressful as I just want to know everything's still fine and get a proper due date...plus I'm itching to finally not have to keep it a secret!

Sorry you're having a rough time Sarah.

Amelie I don't see a midwife for another 2 weeks and then my scan is 3 weeks tomorrow. Hope it hurries up.

The MW will arrange my scan I think. As the NHS will work me out as being 11 weeks when I book in I hope they arrange an urgent scan!

Sarahok, the vomiting could definitely have shaken something loose. My OB told me that my SCH is near the cervix, which explains the bleeding. He compared it to a leaky faucet (sorry if TMI), and said that going to the bathroom, walking up stairs, or anything that moves your abdomen and or pelvis might increase the bleeding. But yeah, if the location is far from the placenta, it's less of a worry.

Amelie my scan isn't booked until Oct 30th and I'm the first due out of all of us.

Amelie my scan isn't booked until Oct 30th and I'm the first due out of all of us.

Ok yes you win, boooo : (

By my ov date my edd will be 27 April but by lmp it is 22 April. With my two other children my dates always got moved to LMP date or even earlier (despite having 33 day cycles and properly TTC each time so I was tracking)

I don't mind if I get moved forward or not though. I will get induced at 39 weeks at the latest and I would want the baby to actually be 39 weeks. My DD1 was definitely a lot less than the 39+3 they thought she was.

I think it's hard to tell! I want to go exactly by my dates, not the ultrasound date. My DD was supposed to be 40 weeks according to the ultrasound, 37 weeks by my LMP. When she was born she was only 37 weeks gestation.

If it was wildly out I would stand my ground I like to think.

With gestational diabetes though there was risks beyond 38 which would mean the placenta function would need monitoring. I am fine with that - I know with my last pregnancy I was very nervy beyond 38 weeks at my GD got easier to control as the placenta was getting old.

Oh no Sarah I hope the vomiting was a one off! And sounds like it could have caused the bleeding if it was extreme vomiting.

Amelie do they usually wait until booking appointment before booking scan? I suppose every nhs area is different but I got my scan date with my booking in appointment. Hopefully it is an urgent one you get xxxx

Northern is it Canada you live? My friend just had her first scan today at 20 weeks and she lives in Canada which seems to be standard there. So long to wait lol

Sarah I hope the vomiting doesn't come back so bad next time, and I also agree it was probably the vomiting that shook some bleeding loose.

Northern I do feel for you having to wait so long!! At least you can feel you LO now though.
I decided to start doing some cleaning in the room to be the nursery. We agreed not to start "projects" in there until after the NT scan but it has been used as storage for the last several years. Got a bunch of stuff organized, and some boxes to donate and pitched a lot. Still have some work to do but hoping DH will take the donate boxes away since he is off till Friday, and when I'm off again in a few days I can do some more work. We redid that room a long time ago and never did get around to putting new trim up or painting in the closet, so DH has some work to do lol. I'd also kind of like to put new flooring down or at least refinish what's there as well, but money will be a factor..may just have to make due and put a cute rug down.

I have had babies in 3 different counties in the UK and it is a different system everywhere it seems Scottish!

They have a target to see you before 13+6 so I'm not worried x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->