**April Bunnies 2015**

Tara- You said basically exactly what I was going to say. I wouldn't say that my first experience was bad. It was less than what I had wanted. And now I feel more knowledgable and willing to put my foot down to refuse extra interventions. But I wasn't injured during the birth of my son nor did I have any major complications.
After he was born, it was beautiful. And I wasn't at all focused on what went on during labor. I was just thrilled to see and hold my sweet baby.

Tove- Good luck on your scan today! I'm so excited! :)

I haven't had any sign of a headache since the other night. I drank tons of water yesterday. So, I was good and hydrated. I think that was most likely the culprit for the headache. I had actually been thinking that I needed to drink more water the day before I had the headache. But I hadn't been because we were out of bottled water, and I don't trust the tap water here. I should probably just get a water filter. Based on how I felt after drinking the water, my body needed it and I just kept craving it.

I'm so glad my mom is here because I got to sleep in today. I had a rough night of sleeping (even without a headache). I feel like my brain is a pinball machine and my thoughts are constantly bouncing around. I had put clothes in the wash. Then I went to bed. I laid there for 30 minutes and realized, "Shoot! I forgot to put the clothes in the dryer." So, I got back up and put the clothes in the dryer. I went back to bed, and then I laid there trying to sleep again until I realized that I told my mom I would set the coffee pot for the next morning. I got back up, got coffee ready for the next morning, set it. Then I went back to bed. Then I had to get up and pee (from all that water). lol
I finally get settled and baby girl decides to surprise me. And I start getting full on kicks for the first time! And she was very active. It was pretty exciting. But it was also like 1 AM and I still hadn't fallen asleep yet. So she kicked around for about another 30 minutes. I tried to see if I could feel it from the outside, but I couldn't tell. I do have to say that I wish it wasn't when I trying to sleep when this started, but it was very nice at the same time. I'm sure it's only a small taste of what's in store for me after baby arrives. :haha:

Rebecca I've been getting headaches much like you described. I find drinking water helps a lot. I also read somewhere that strawberries naturally contain acetaminophen so I've been eating tons of them. Does it help? Maybe. I feel like it is better than taking pills.

It's a boy! Everything the doctor looked at was normal and healthy which was so good to hear. I was so nervous before but now we're on cloud nine :) I would have been equally happy if it was a girl, but just knowing the gender makes everything feel so much more real. I know my OH had a slight preference for a girl, but he says he's very happy with a boy too. I just hope it's not true that all boys are more energetic than girls ;)

We got the most precious image of the baby snuggling up against my uterus 💜 can't stop smiling when looking at it!

Congrats tove! :blue: bump yay! I find my boy much more independent and less needy than my dd was at this age although he's more of a dare devil to lol he's such a wee cuddly boy :D

Congratutions Tove! Boys are fab they do have a lot of energy though!!😉 x

Here he is, my sweet little boy :) resting his little head against my uterus.

Attachments

• 2014-11-05 17.45.13.jpg
    2014-11-05 17.45.13.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 8
Congratulations on your boy :blue:, Tove! You thought you were having a boy all along, right?

Also, thanks for sharing that picture! Baby looks great! I have an idea of what to expect on Saturday now. :)

Today I heard from my friend who delivered at the hospital I'm planning to deliver at that they plain refused to give her epidural at 6cm because it was "too late". This makes me scared! I've heard that they are against epidural and try to convince ladies not to have them.

With dd I requested epidural at a different hospital at 7cm. I was on the fence about it and didn't ask until I couldn't cope anymore. I don't want to be guilted into not taking it if I want it this time. And I'd like the option of having it if I want it! I know I can't really judge how this labor will go but I know for a fact having epidural available is important to me even if I end up not taking it.

Finally a arted to feel baby moving I think!! Not sure if these are kicks but definitely feels like movement! Improved my mood a lot =)

Thank you everyone!

Yes Rebecca, I have thought all along since my positive pregnancy test that this was a boy. Don't know why! Because of this we have only bought one girly clothing item and the rest boyish ;) My OH said "well you had a 50% chance of being right" but I have been so sure all this time!

The doctor said that since his face was half buried into my uterus it was difficult to get a really clear image of his face. I also got one which looks more like a blob ;) I bet you will get really nice pics of your girl on your scan!

Congrats Tove!!

So I've officially gained back all of the weight I lost while throwing my soul up in the first 16 weeks. I guess it is downhill from here weight wise.

I've updated some of our :pink: and :blue: on the first page that I can remember off the top of my head. If I missed you, let me know. There have been so many of us in the past few weeks!!

Also, I just started a VBAC thread for anyone who may be planning one.

Congrats Tove , that is a gorgeous picture!

I'm terrified for my appointment today! I don't feel like I felt baby move yesterday.

I am sleeping so badly at the moment it's just ridiculous! Even at 9 months pregnant with dd I never had sleep issues. I do think it's more stress related than pregnancy related though... :(

Beanonorder, that's how I felt last week! I didn't feel baby at all for a couple days and I don't think my belly has grown for a few weeks. Most likely everything is totally fine! Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->