**April Bunnies 2015**

Maggz: I have a few chick lit books to read as I have no concentration for anything deeper. I recently read the pile at the bottom of the stairs...I didn't like it much but it was okay. Right now I'm reading love from both sides by nick spalding which is kind of like chick lit but written by a guy. And two more books for later the latest in the shopaholic series & one called never Google heartbreak.

Amelie: that's so cute of your dd2! My dd has hugged and kissed my bump when I told her there's a baby in it. But I don't think she understands beyond that.

I decided to go to the nearby walk in clinic for an ultrasound to check fluid levels as I always feel like I'm leaking. The dr there said the fluid is ok but she could see grade 2-3 calcification in the placenta. I guess this is to be expected at close to 40 weeks. She added that baby is engaged but looking left. And that apparently his bowels are ready to pass meconium. Ultrasounds are too much info!! Maybe he still won't pass it till he's already out in the world? This dr offered to check for dilation and effacement, and said she could do a sweep if I wanted but I declined.

My own dr didn't check for dilation as the head isn't low enough yet. But honestly I didn't feel like I needed to know. I decided to ask about episiotomies since I had one last time though I don't know why. I was glad to know this dr doesn't do them as a standard practice.

Haha oops Amelie!!
That's so cute though! She's sounds like a sweet heart.

Chick lit sounds good just to pass time. I just hate starting books and not finishing them but sometimes I can't stand the writing so I'd rather read something someone has recommended :)
All this sounds like you're getting close Perplexed! I never realized we have the same due date? I have a feeling I'll go over. I'm kinda coming to terms with it again after my disappointment from last weeks appointment, I guess the bright side is school won't suffer as much if I don't have a newborn to take care of until later.

On another note, I have some small stretch marks near my belly button :( pretty sad about it but well, nothing I can do. Just hope they'll fade quickly, you can't really see them now but if I push my skin together they're visible so they'll be noticeable after birth I'm guessing.

Perplexed actually looks like you're a day ahead of me! :)

Actually when I use online due date calculators I get the 15th...but for some reason my Dr considers my due date the 16th. It's probably neither lol! And I never bothered changing my ticker after seeing the dr the first time.

With dd my first stretchmarks appeared at 40+6 or so. But they've faded since then. This time though I have a lot of new stretch marks...Dh even asked what all those "red scratch marks" on my bump were :haha: I hope they fade...but with how dark and evil they look I kinda doubt it, but we'll see!

Feeling crazy pressure down below. No contractions or cramps or anything that makes me feel like things are happening, but just extreme pressure that makes me want to yell out. Such a weird feeling.

I've been getting that pressure too, I was yelping out in pain on Friday because of it. But it comes and goes, I assume baby is bobbing up and down?

I've had extra fluid in other pregnancies and this one is the first one it is 'average' so maybe this baby is finding it easier to locate the exit?

I could do with baby staying put until at least the end of this week. My sister and her boyfriend live in the same town as us (5mins away) but my sister has started her new job and has to go 3hrs away for 3 nights this coming week. Her boyfriend would cope with a middle of the night call but I'd feel happier with my sister being here for the girls until my Mum could get here.

But also my Grandad (Mum's Dad) has had a fall and is in hospital :nope: I've told my Mum not to hesitate at all going to see her Dad and help my Grandma - but they do live in another city. I'm not worried really, there are other people and friends we could rely on in a dire emergency - but we are all quite spread out distance wise.

This part is more stressful when you have other kids to think about...I'd like a really convieniant labour!

Perplexed - Oh okay we're right around the same then :thumbup: Maybe our babies will have the same birthday! Haha I laughed at "dark and evil" thankfully mine are still light but I can't imagine what they'll look like after two weeks... especially with me eating at the rate I am right now :O :/

Yup I feel ya on that pressure down low. Pretty intense at times, I figured like you Amelie that baby is having fun pushing down lol

Amelie hope your Grandad is okay :hugs: This weather is not good for old people, my grandma fell too the other day and had some scratches in her face and broke a finger :/
I understand you'd be more comfortable with your sister coming over, although it would probably be entertaining to see her boyfriend do it by himself ;)

The boyfriend is good, he has been on the scene for 6 years and my kids love him. But I don't think he would be great at 3am in our house and me in labour :rofl:

I feel like we are running out of pregnant people in this group!

Yeah I'd wanna see it, however good he is it would probably make a good movie scene ;)

I know, haha! Everybody went early it feels like! We're not even half way through April :haha:

I agree with the lack of preggers ladies left!

Maggz - don't worry about the stretch marks I genuinely think they will come whatever you try and do. I got loads a few days before I had DS but this time have gained about three or four new ones so hopefully that will be it for me this time!!

Perplexed - I have been getting loads of pressure down there today too. I have constantly felt like I have needed a wee today and every time the baby moves the pressure gets more and more.

Amelie - I am sorry to hear about your Grandad I hope he gets better soon x

We went sofa shopping today - the ones we have got you cant lie down on and I am fed up of getting a crick in my neck from trying to curl up and get comfy in the evenings! We have chosen two reclining sofas but we are going to have to wait until July for them to be ready goddam it!! Also had a massive roast dinner which was lush so fingers crossed the weight of all that food will force the baby out lol 😜

If you girls want to feel better about your stretch marks, I can post a pic of my belly. I have them all the way across and all the way up to a few inches below my bra. I have some new ones this time due to what a different shape and size this baby is. No more bikinis for me! :p

I'm still pregnant! I can't say I love the idea of feeling like this for two more weeks. I so thought I was ready. :( Amelie, I'm with you--we will sort it out no matter when I go into labor, but it sure would be nice if it could be convenient for our family! There's so much more to think about this time!

You don't realise how much your kids need organising until you have to write lists for other people about what they take to preschool, what classes they have on what day and then there is making sure people know where all their bedtime stuff is and their routine.

I'm even stupidly stressing about people knowing where our bedding is kept in case they need to change our bed if my waters break in bed :rofl:

It is hard to know what food to stock the cupboards up with so my DH can do quick meals for the girls etc.

I know it'll all be fine but also I don't want to come home to a house of absolute chaos.

I'm still pregnant lol. Though after my Wednesday interview baby is free to come anytime. The BH are insane, the pressure is rediculious and the amount of times I have to pee a day is making me want to just camp out in the bathroom lol. Walking is uncomfortable but I'm doing it anyway. Hoping to actually have an April baby but if I go overdue I'll be in May. Hehe.

I have officially decided to read and nap as much as humanly possible considering I have nothing better to do with myself right now. There is only so much cleaning one could possibly do. Baby bag is packed and I have everything I need to put into mine now so it's just getting it down from the closet.

I'm now thinking of taking my third nap of the day. Haha

Amelie :rofl: I can only imagine what it feels like to have to make these lists.

Christina: naps sound lovely actually...wish I enjoyed a few naps when I was pregnant with dd.

I kinda wish I accepted the dilation check, and stretch&sweep yesterday (if it were possible).

I dunno what's wrong with me. All of a sudden I don't want to deliver at the hospital I've been having my appointments at. I feel like I'd prefer the one closer to my house, but it feels like it's too late.

I am up bc I had to pee but I just realized I slept 1000 times better from when I went to bed until now. The difference? I overruled my husband and turned the air conditioning on!!! What a difference it makes. Lol.

Lol way to go Christina! I completely understand as I wake up in sweat these days lol.

I managed to find an appointment with a dr who delivers at the hospital 10 mins from my house...I'll see her later this evening. I dunno if she would even agree to switching. Her clinic is also very close to my house. I spoke to the ob in the hospital's er also and she said that you know if you show up in labor no one is going to turn you away lol. I dunno why I just breathed a sigh of relief. Maybe on some level I'm worried that my labor will be very short and I wouldn't be able to handle the 30-40 min trip to the hospital whereas the 10 minute drive while mil watches dd till mom picks her up sounds so much better. The hospital fees are a lot lower too...I dunno. I'll see what the dr says this evening.

This morning I woke up crying because I seem to be incapable of going into labor (lol? So irrational) then a while later I started having cramps (nothing too close together) and then started crying again that what if i'm in early labor and that I'll miss my baby bump :haha:

I do miss pages of posts on my phone. I agree it seems a lot of us have had their babies already and it's not even mid April yet. But I did dream that one more baby was born from our group!

I hope Dini checks in soon! She's my due date buddy. But I assume she's had her baby and I was in no shape to post for a while after my first. :flower:

Perplexed I have done the exact same lately, cried because I feel so done being pregnant, then cried because I don't feel ready to be a family of 4 and not have dd as an only child anymore. :haha: ah hormones! :haha: If you feel better about switching hospitals then that's likely the right call; I hope the new doc will take you on! I agree, even if they don't, when you're in labor you can still choose to go to the closer hospital & they won't send you away! :)

A huge part of my poor sleep is that I'm so so HOT at night (and DH is freezing)! I wish DH had gotten our swamp cooler going this weekend. Also, my pug has a snoring problem; I've fantasized about sticking a breathe-right strip on his nose! :rofl:

Have my 39 week appt in about 4 hours (it's 4:30 a.m.). If I haven't progressed well since last week I'm going to cry. Again. :haha:

I don't want to overstep here but Tara you should check the facebook group for dini's latest update. She needs prayers for her baby.

Perplexed why did you originally choose the other hospital?I hope you get to deliver where you feel most comfortable!

I'm so tired! Logan just didn't want to sleep last night and I have had so much to do today I haven't been able to nap!

Perplexed I hope you get whatever hospital you want - and that lady is right, no one is gonna turn you away if you just show up :haha: But better to be familiar with things :thumbup:

Tara I hope you've seen Dini's update now. I've been thinking nonstop about them!
I'm sure you've progressed a bunch! At least I hope so for your sake, we don't need any more things to cry over, right? ;)

Speaking of crying... I just saw off DH as he is going to sea today. Last night felt like we were doing everything for the last time, cause the next time I see him I will be having this baby and then everything will be changed! Ugh I just hate not having him here... and feel like these weeks are gonna go by so slow as I don't have anything to do but school work and housework until baby makes an appearance.

Bean how are you doing on work and everything with Logan there? How long are your parents staying? Hope you can get some rest soon! :hugs:

I don't have Facebook, is everything okay?! Dini will be in my thoughts, now I'm worried :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->