**April Bunnies 2015**

I'm the opposite, no ms till about 6 weeks, I've no idea how long it'll last!

And, yeah, but ours is a bit of an extreme case, the police were involved, and we moved to a different country to get away!

Oh wow sorry you had to go through that, and I hope you're happy now! Where do you live?

Yeah 5 days of ms was the last thing I was expecting :haha:

Sorry you ladies having trouble with overly enthusiastic advice givers. That does sound rather annoying. Be sure to count your blessings also, though. Both DH's and my mother passed away too early. It makes me so sad that our children will not have a proper grandmother. I adore my grandmother, and feel like it is such a special relationship. Really not meaning to be rude or trivialize your problems with these ladies...just a thought. :)

I feel that way too, my mother passed away 11 years ago and she was the light of my life and all I've ever wanted was to be the kind of mother she was, and it saddens me that my child will never know her. I do however feel for those with awful inlaws...I am very blessed with mine. FIL gets on my nerves sometimes as he is the advice giver and he knows EVERY THING!!! DH can't even stand to be around him anymore but I just shrug him off. I figure he must be very insecure to feel the need to make everyone think he's right 100% of the time, even on things he has no clue about.

I also grew up with few grandparents. I knew my maternal grandmother but she passed away when I was 8 and it was horrible because I spent as much time with her as I did my own mother, but my grandfather passed when I was 8 months and my paternal grandmother...well I knew her, she died about 5 years ago but I didn't like her and she didn't like me. Long story, but she was a vile woman and played her children against each other and she did it with her grandchildren as well.

Family is so important to me and I'm glad DH has a big one because all I have left is my father who I am not super close to and my half brother and his 3 kids who are 25, 20, and almost 15. I do adore those kids though and spoiled them rotten when they were younger...I was just in my nieces wedding..wow..my niece is married lol..so hard to believe!

Northern - Can't believe she said raw carrots are gross, I love carrots! I actually took your advice and bought some today because the nausea has been a bit worse today, couldn't finish breakfast and haven't been able to eat yet, so I'm going to try tonight.

Oh wow Oswin- I hope ours doesn't get that bad. My MIL's sister is twice as bad as she is. So, I keep reminding myself of that. Her sister's son and wife stayed in Germany for 15 years to stay away from her. Now her other DIL is pregnant and they are already fighting.

So my MIL isn't AS bad. I just have to be careful with her and really keep distance between us. She thinks I shouldn't find her pushy because her own mother tried to take her kids away from her and at least she is not trying to take our kids away. Whatever. For now, she can talk all she wants and she isn't going to do anything because she is afraid of flying and doesn't want to drive 8 hours to see us. I should remind myself of that when I get annoyed with the things she says to me on the phone.
TaraCathryn- We haven't been married for that long yet. So far, we are at 5 years. It seems to get better. Hopefully, as time goes on, he will be more like your husband. For now, he doesn't want to be used as a pawn between us. He wants us to work out our own issues. But he has stood up for me when she's tried to use him against me. I've told him before that sometimes all it takes is him saying it because she will argue with me in a heartbeat but she will listen to him.

Does anyone else having trouble getting along with their MIL? I don't even want to talk to mine about the pregnancy anymore because she is getting on my nerves.

My MIL means well but drives me and DH up the wall sometimes. She has an obsession with buying clothes and things for DS (some I am very grateful for but he currently has 12 pairs of shoes and he hasn't properly started walking yet..). DH falls out with her on a regular basis as he can't handle it all the time. Every time she sees us she bombards us with bags full of stuff and it drives me bonkers. I would rather she just sit down and play with DS. Then when she has him she insists on feeding him crap and not letting him nap properly etc etc same old MIL story blah blah. Surely they remember what it was like to have kids?!?grrrrr

So yes totally know where you are coming from and we are about to go on holiday with her for 2 weekday be mad lol!!

Thanks Maggz. We moved from England to Scotland. Didn't stop them unfortunately!

Ooh another thing that's helping with my nausea is breadsticks and houmous :thumbup:

I guess the good thing to come out of all of our awful in law stories, is that we'll be good in-laws one day!

Wow Oswin...that certainly does sound like an extreme case. Sorry you had to go through that!

Thanks Dini, and I'm so sorry for your loss. It's been 13 years for me, and while you never fully heal, time does help it to hurt less acutely. But I feel like this pregnancy (my first) and having a child is going to make me miss her more. There's just so much that you want a mom for during this time. I'm sure you are feeling the same way. Hugs, girl!

Does anyone else having trouble getting along with their MIL? I don't even want to talk to mine about the pregnancy anymore because she is getting on my nerves.

My MIL means well but drives me and DH up the wall sometimes. She has an obsession with buying clothes and things for DS (some I am very grateful for but he currently has 12 pairs of shoes and he hasn't properly started walking yet..). DH falls out with her on a regular basis as he can't handle it all the time. Every time she sees us she bombards us with bags full of stuff and it drives me bonkers. I would rather she just sit down and play with DS. Then when she has him she insists on feeding him crap and not letting him nap properly etc etc same old MIL story blah blah. Surely they remember what it was like to have kids?!?grrrrr

So yes totally know where you are coming from and we are about to go on holiday with her for 2 weekday be mad lol!!

Thats going to be my mil! We are holding off telling her until I start showing. She'll buy everything and be a smoother. She means well but my husband is an only child and has made it known shes ready for a grandchild. We've been married 2 years, together for 7.

Thanks Sarah, and I'm really sorry this happy time is tinged with sadness for you, I can't imagine how it must feel :hugs2:

Rebecca, I'm glad your DH has gotten better. Mine used to always defend everything his mom did & said, I was so relieved when he learned to take my side when appropriate... or at least keep quiet! :p

In his mom's defense, mine drives me batty as well!! But we are really lucky to have all of them in our lives, no matter how crazy they make us. I'm so sorry to those of you ladies who don't have that.

I am just bone tired the last few days!! I don't remember, does the fatigue stop at some point? Please say yes...

Thanks Sara! You are right, time helps but now more than ever I wish she were here. Your mom is supposed to be there to help you with your first child, but we should try to remember that all we really need to know she already taught us years ago.

Hi all! Just a quick shout from me so I'm subscribed, I just found out Sunday at 10 dpo so it 'a super early!

Stellae I found out on Sunday at 10 dpo too!!! We're bump buddies! :flower:

I just have one thing to say about my pregnancy experience today: my BOOBS!! Holy Christ! I think they went up a full cup size since lunch time and they HURT!

OH should like this on the weekend.

I am just bone tired the last few days!! I don't remember, does the fatigue stop at some point? Please say yes...

Yes, it vanishes like magic around the end of 1st trimester whenever the placenta takes over. With my son, I was somewhere from 10-11 weeks when it was magically gone. Loved it! For now *yawn* I am fighting taking a second nap.

Well I'm off to the doctor again today....
Yesterday my spotting got a bit worse, still only when I wiped but it turned red and it wasn't just tinged CM anymore. And I've been basically symptomless for two days now. On one hand I'm wondering whether I'm paranoid but on the other if I don't go to the doctor I'm going to drive myself insane with worry. I need to go and see this hospital at some point anyway to see if it will be suitable for my check ups for the near future. So at least it won't be a wasted trip.
Hope I come back with good news!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->