April/May FET anyone?

BabyDancing13

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Is anyone waiting to start FET cycle in April/May? I have to call with a period between now and 8th of April and hoping it arrives on time! This will be our 3rd FET. :flower:

:hugs:

Good luck, am hoping that it's 3rd time super douper lucky!!

X

Thank you ladies. I can't believe it's been 3 years since I started IVF and still going! Whilst their's hope, their's a reason to keep going. x x

Hey BabyD, I will be stalking. Wishing you all the luck for this transfer. Its scary how many years have passed. We started this journey together and I truly hope this is finally our year.

X

Hey BabyD, I will be stalking. Wishing you all the luck for this transfer. Its scary how many years have passed. We started this journey together and I truly hope this is finally our year.

X

Scary how time flies isn't it hun. I really do hope we both get our sticky beans this year - we bloody deserve it after this roller coaster we've both been on. :hugs::hugs: x x

fingers crossed for arrival of a period!! =) it always feels so weird wishing one on! but ivf is the exception huh! - I will join in on the thread, Im not 100% sure when I'll be beginning the process for my FET, but I have an appt booked on the 4th April. Hopefully my next period from then!

fingers crossed for arrival of a period!! =) it always feels so weird wishing one on! but ivf is the exception huh! - I will join in on the thread, Im not 100% sure when I'll be beginning the process for my FET, but I have an appt booked on the 4th April. Hopefully my next period from then!

Hey :flower:

Good luck on your journey. How long have you been on this crazy roller coaster? :hugs:

Have been trying to conceive itself for 3 years now :O with pcos - although I think there is something else sneaky going on too inside! I had my first round of IVF in Jan, to no avail but we did get 6 healthy embryos!! :O so I have 5 frosties :). I havent tried clomid or letrozole. Insurance doesnt cover fertility here :'( - and so we had to wait for spaces on the govt funded ivf list. How about yourself?? :) I see you've been though a pile of transfers etc :O

Have been trying to conceive itself for 3 years now :O with pcos - although I think there is something else sneaky going on too inside! I had my first round of IVF in Jan, to no avail but we did get 6 healthy embryos!! :O so I have 5 frosties :). I havent tried clomid or letrozole. Insurance doesnt cover fertility here :'( - and so we had to wait for spaces on the govt funded ivf list. How about yourself?? :) I see you've been though a pile of transfers etc :O

Sorry your cycle didn't work, but great number of Frosties! How many will you put back in next time?

I have had treatment for a spinal tumour, inc radiotherapy, as well as other bowel operations as a child. I also had a laparoscopy but it led to bowel perforation because of scar tissue.

So, I knew I'd prob need IVF, we tried a few years then went to fertility clinic a year after we got married, and started IVF in April 2013. 3 years later and we are still on the crazy train. :wacko:

I wish you all the best :hugs:

Thats ok - it was crazy hard at the time. But now onwards and upwards isnt it really. Ivf always has that invincible stigma. You get told is only 50/50; but like to think you will fall in the successful side. But life likes curveballs doesnt it!

Sorry to hear its taken you a few goes, and all your other stuff! Sounds like it has been a crazy ride since day 1!

I will most likely only be putting another single emby back - but will discuss the potential of two at my appt in a week! The potential of twins scare me - so i wanted to stick with a single transfer but a double transfer has much much higher chances, so we shall see!!

Trying to think of things to ask. I know my brain will turn to mush when I get there and I will regret not finding things out if I don't ask. Any ideas? What did you find most helpful to ask in the earlier stages??

Thats ok - it was crazy hard at the time. But now onwards and upwards isnt it really. Ivf always has that invincible stigma. You get told is only 50/50; but like to think you will fall in the successful side. But life likes curveballs doesnt it!

Sorry to hear its taken you a few goes, and all your other stuff! Sounds like it has been a crazy ride since day 1!

I will most likely only be putting another single emby back - but will discuss the potential of two at my appt in a week! The potential of twins scare me - so i wanted to stick with a single transfer but a double transfer has much much higher chances, so we shall see!!

Trying to think of things to ask. I know my brain will turn to mush when I get there and I will regret not finding things out if I don't ask. Any ideas? What did you find most helpful to ask in the earlier stages??

We go for two embryos every time now to boost our chances. But you must do what's best for you - weighing up the pros and cons of everything. I'm sure you'll make the right decision.

I find FET to be easier on the body and the only thing we did different was change from pessaries to PIO injections - as I bled early on fresh cycle, and I opted to have the endometrial scratch as it's been proven to help implantation.

Otherwise, their was not a lot to ask as the first IVF is always trial, error, and 'luck' I suppose.

I've come to accept IVF as 'a game of chance'. However, if none of our 8 frosties give us a baby, I am ready to consider donor - whether that be eggs, sperm, and/or embryos.

Hi, do you guys mind if I join in? I just started my estrogen patches yesterday getting prepped for fet number 2. After ttc since '13 and 2 failed iui my 1st stim was 11/14, we transferred our only 2 early blasts, had my only bfp, but ended just short of 8 wks. I had my 2nd stim 11/15 with 1fresh & 1 frozen 5d failed transfer since. We had a much better stim the second time with 12 good 5 day blasts so there's still a little hope. I had a couple of small polyps removed via hysteroscopy last month so fx that makes some difference this time around.

It sounds like we have some similar timelines, hopefully we can all have success this time around!

Hi, do you guys mind if I join in? I just started my estrogen patches yesterday getting prepped for fet number 2. After ttc since '13 and 2 failed iui my 1st stim was 11/14, we transferred our only 2 early blasts, had my only bfp, but ended just short of 8 wks. I had my 2nd stim 11/15 with 1fresh & 1 frozen 5d failed transfer since. We had a much better stim the second time with 12 good 5 day blasts so there's still a little hope. I had a couple of small polyps removed via hysteroscopy last month so fx that makes some difference this time around.

It sounds like we have some similar timelines, hopefully we can all have success this time around!

Hi Mdon, welcome :hugs:

Sorry about your loss. It's so hard to go through all that you have and keep going. You've got a great number of blasts there though - amazing! :happydance:

When are you aiming for transfer? Will you put two in again?

Good Luck! :flower:

Hmm babydancing. Thats true. I just keep feeling like there may be some magic answer out there. But I guess with this kind of stuff. There is so thing as magic huh! Just luck and hoping things work out!

Welcome mdon :) - sounds like you've too had quite the journey! :O sorry to hear of your loss. Am glad you have.some healthy blasts though for you to try. When will you be planning on them going back in?? xx

KN it sounds like you're still waiting on this cycle to start your next round? Babydancing, did you say when your transfer is and I missed it? I'm on cd 5 so around two weeks till transfer.

So what are you guys doing to prep this time around and are you trying anything different than you've done in the past?

Hahaa I wrote a big reply and then it somehow disappeared damn it! - yepp I am still waiting, I dunno if they will wait for AF naturally or try to induce it though. Find out monday. Havent really done anything different - just the pre natal vitamins and folic acid etc really. My last cycle, aside from the bfn and time it took for my follies to grow was basically text book perfect. So I guess we will see! I might get some suggestions on Monday :)

I can't start meds unless AF arrived by April 8th, then transfer would be mid to end of May. However, we are going to Barbados and have to be back in England 28 days before they will do FET transfer because of Zika virus. So, we will just have to see how it all plans out.

I won't be doing much different to my other cycles. I will do acupuncture again as I really liked it and felt it helped, and I will have the endometrial scratch.

Oh yes - our clinic here bad big warnings up about patients travelling before treatment or after treatment etc.

Afm; had a blood test today to see where things are at. Hopefully can start oestrogen tablets tomorrow and in 18 days ish go for my transfer :O crazy how quick things are once all is a go! If however my hormones are awoll (more than likely will be, seeing as they always are) than I have a script for provera to bring on a CD1. Although ive been on provera twice now - with it not working; so we shall see what is in store for me haha! Last cycle we waited 2 1/2 months for a cycle with 2 rounds of provera :O luckily i got a bit of spotting somewhere, so combined with a blood test we deemed it CD1. Hoping this cycle is a breeze!

Oh yes - our clinic here bad big warnings up about patients travelling before treatment or after treatment etc.

Afm; had a blood test today to see where things are at. Hopefully can start oestrogen tablets tomorrow and in 18 days ish go for my transfer :O crazy how quick things are once all is a go! If however my hormones are awoll (more than likely will be, seeing as they always are) than I have a script for provera to bring on a CD1. Although ive been on provera twice now - with it not working; so we shall see what is in store for me haha! Last cycle we waited 2 1/2 months for a cycle with 2 rounds of provera :O luckily i got a bit of spotting somewhere, so combined with a blood test we deemed it CD1. Hoping this cycle is a breeze!

Not long to go then!! :happydance: That's a quick cycle and you'll be PUPO in no time! :thumbup: Hope AF plays ball!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->