Are you the type of parent you thought you would be?

I think I'm better! However before giving birth to lo I had all these ideas about him not having xy and z!

But I'm more chilled out however I'm trying to give my lo the best of everything! Food experiences, activities, education and mummy and daddy time it's tough but I agree with the pp that if you put in you'll get back. I want my lo to just be a happy and fulfilled person.

However all parents are hard on themselves including me but that's only because we care x

I'm not :( I don't play or read with him as much as I should. My biggest guilt! Truth is when I try he runs off and does whatever else and I don't have the energy to chase after him to each different toy but I do think as he gets older it'll get easier with a longer attention span. And now that I'm dealing with 1st trimester sickness it's 100x worse I don't and can't do ANYTHING. So so much guilt....

Yes and no. In some ways I'm exactly as I thought I would be, especially with discipline and things like good manners etc. But I'm much more of a soft touch than I thought I would be and to my surprise my husband is often the one who is more firm with dd. I'm also a lot more anxious and unsure of myself than I though I would be but at the same time more relaxed about certain things. I guess I do have my 'pinterest parent' moments but I definitely don't manage to be like that all the time - normal life and household chores sometimes take over. I think becoming a parent is such a lift changing thing I don't think anyone ever really knows how they are going to react.

I think as time has gone on I'm definitely more like the parent I wanted to be. Some of it was unrealistic but on the whole yes I am now. At 14 months in with 2 baby's probably not, don't be so hard on yourself it's gets easier. With Emily I've done everything I have wanted to do except breastfeed although I did try but with 2 toddlers and the pain oh the pain! I just couldn't do it. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->