As a mother who formula feeds..

I think its obvious some people are coming on here LOOKING for an arguement which is kind of pathetic :roll: We were doing quite well really.. nevermind.

I don't think anyone is looking for an argument but you clearly don't understand how difficult it is to want something with all you're heart and for whatever reason couldn't do it. You obviously were very lucky in being able to BF and I praise you for that but I don't think its fair that people can say the things they say to FFing mums without knowing the whole facts :shrug:

I always say that I think people should TRY to breastfeed. I think it's silly to say 'oh theyre for my OH'.. breastfeeding is the most unsexual thing ever! If after a week they decide they can't hack it for whatever reason then I think it's fine to switch over to formula. Every ml of milk is important, even if its just for 3 or 4 days or even just the first feed! I do appreciate that extended breastfeeding isn't for everyone and trust me I've experienced that in real life :(

I agree with you.. It's one of the most natural things in the world if not THE most natural.. Boobies are for food not fondling IMO but not everyone has that view :nope:

And I'm sorry you've had to experience that :(. Some people can be so judgemental :hugs:

Is all this sarcasm needed though? It obviously doesn't translate to everyone. And honestly, it comes across as nasty...

Agree. It's hard enough to pick it up in person let alone over text.

I would like to say welldone to every single mum in this thread regardless of how they feed. Because you have all done so well this far, nuturing,growing,caring for and loving our LO's. :hugs:
xx

I never tried and I just wasn't interested in trying! :shrug:
Im not too sure why it just wasn't something that ever appealed to me. I never saw my breasts as being for my child. OF COURSE I know that's what mother nature intended them for. But there's many things mother nature intended my body to do which just doesn't happen.

It was one of those things, I guess I have sexualised my boobs. But that's not my fault, it's just the way it is! x

My sis (who has never had a baby and has no opinion on bf/ff) has noticed that whenever a girl is pregnant in her office, bf-ers keep quiet and ff-ers are more vocal... I've sort of noticed the same, but it's like Jekyll and Hyde... Seems to be online that the mammary mafia let loose, like in this article.... Ofc, ymmv :)

I can see what your saying but when i was at work i was asked continually and when i said i wasn't sure, i was bombared with people saying 'i breastfed' etc. I heard from no one that ff - think they were too scared to admit it.

Can I offer a :flower: to anyone I have upset in this thread
It is still a very raw subject for me

That being said, its sad that Kayleighjayne thought one of our BNB members would think that :(

Forget it.. I read it wrong YES I made a mistake and I've apologised

I know hun, I meant it's sad that you'd even think that someone on bnb would be as nasty/stupid to say what you thought bexy was... that makes no sense :dohh:

No I get what you mean lol. :hugs:... But like I said it's a touchy subject for me and I obviously read it wrong and I am terribly sorry that I made that mistake.. Truly I am

I think its obvious some people are coming on here LOOKING for an arguement which is kind of pathetic :roll: We were doing quite well really.. nevermind.

I don't think anyone is looking for an argument but you clearly don't understand how difficult it is to want something with all you're heart and for whatever reason couldn't do it. You obviously were very lucky in being able to BF and I praise you for that but I don't think its fair that people can say the things they say to FFing mums without knowing the whole facts :shrug:

I always say that I think people should TRY to breastfeed. I think it's silly to say 'oh theyre for my OH'.. breastfeeding is the most unsexual thing ever! If after a week they decide they can't hack it for whatever reason then I think it's fine to switch over to formula. Every ml of milk is important, even if its just for 3 or 4 days or even just the first feed! I do appreciate that extended breastfeeding isn't for everyone and trust me I've experienced that in real life :(

I agree with you.. It's one of the most natural things in the world if not THE most natural.. Boobies are for food not fondling IMO but not everyone has that view :nope:

And I'm sorry you've had to experience that :(. Some people can be so judgemental :hugs:

It's usually offhanded comments not directed at me personally. For example a coworker who didn't know I *still* breastfeed saw an artical about a woman feeding her 4 year old in a magazine and said 'thats disgusting, its near enough child abuse. they're too old when they have teeth and can ask for it' :growlmad: I gave her a mouthful and she tried to backtrack of course :roll: That's coming from a healthcare professional too! A physio not a MW or doctor but still...

My sis (who has never had a baby and has no opinion on bf/ff) has noticed that whenever a girl is pregnant in her office, bf-ers keep quiet and ff-ers are more vocal... I've sort of noticed the same, but it's like Jekyll and Hyde... Seems to be online that the mammary mafia let loose, like in this article.... Ofc, ymmv :)

I can see what your saying but when i was at work i was asked continually and when i said i wasn't sure, i was bombared with people saying 'i breastfed' etc. I heard from no one that ff - think they were too scared to admit it.

I too had this from work - "you should really breastfeed you know"

Im not too sure why it just wasn't something that ever appealed to me. I never saw my breasts as being for my child. OF COURSE I know that's what mother nature intended them for. But there's many things mother nature intended my body to do which just doesn't happen.

It was one of those things, I guess I have sexualised my boobs. But that's not my fault, it's just the way it is! x

Weird :shrug:

Its funny, I never thought twice about how I was going to feed amelie :wacko: I dont remember making a decision to breastfeed, I didn't need to, it's just what I was going to do IYKWIM? I really do think its got to do with your parents, family and friends.. did your mum breastfeed you? I convinced a pregnant girl in my work to give breastfeeding a go with her next baby. She didnt try at all with her first.

I too had this from work - "you should really breastfeed you know"

I think people just like to tell you their opinion, whether you want to hear it or not. I returned to work this week so instead of being told about breastfeeding all i hear now is why i don't leave work to be a SAHM or go part time (people don't get the concept of not being able to afford it!)

Its funny, I never thought twice about how I was going to feed amelie :wacko: I dont remember making a decision to breastfeed, I didn't need to, it's just what I was going to do IYKWIM? I really do think its got to do with your parents, family and friends.. did your mum breastfeed you? I convinced a pregnant girl in my work to give breastfeeding a go with her next baby. She didnt try at all with her first.

Yeah I was breastfed for a long time, my mum didnt stick around though. She left when I was 3. But that's another story ;) Haha.

But yeah I guess it is all to do with what your exposed to, in a sense. Just like anything in life really!x

I think a lot of girls feel this way because of how breastfeeding has been treated in the past. But i think This is a problem with our media and our education on the matter.

I don't agree that it should be classified as a lifestyle choice. I want to give my child the best that i can. And i think deep down everyone who values being a parent wants to give their child the best that they can.

If you can breastfeed, women should be taught that this is something that you should not take advantage of. Think about all the mothers that would love to breastfeed but can't.

If you have the opportunity to do it, i feel like it would be selfish not too.

My mum is not very supportive of breastfeeding. When I was struggling with bfing she kept on shiving bottles at me
xx

I think a lot of girls feel this way because of how breastfeeding has been treated in the past. But i think This is a problem with our media and our education on the matter.

I don't agree that it should be classified as a lifestyle choice. I want to give my child the best that i can. And i think deep down everyone who values being a parent wants to give their child the best that they can.

If you can breastfeed, women should be taught that this is something that you should not take advantage of. Think about all the mothers that would love to breastfeed but can't.

If you have the opportunity to do it, i feel like it would be selfish not too.

The only time i've felt selfish is when i've been made to feel selfish, almost like i've done something wrong.

I def think you do whats the norm and whats common in your group of family and friends. I didn't want to breastfeed and have no regrets, didn't really want to try. I would FF again but in the past week or so have been thinking about BF my next LO to try it out.

I think Masda is a bfer although I dont think mammory mafia, BF nazi etc etc should be used in any context. Theyre horrible terms.

If her "opinion" is that it should be law to breastfed then I dread to think the amount of infants that would die of starvation because mum COULDN'T breastfeed.. Ignorant twat :growlmad:

Did you not know that there is no excuse for not BFing and anyone can do it? There's no couldn't about it ;)

Umm excuse me.. My DD would not latch on for love nor money and I tried intill my milk "dried up".. So don't get on you're high horse with me.. How fucking ignorant are you

Hun I think she was taking the mickey!! Saying that's what some people would say. xx

Oh.. Whoops:dohh:... SORRY BEXY!!!!!!:flower:... My humour seems to have failed me today.. Very touchy subject... I'm sorry.. Forgive me??:kiss:

Lol no worries hun, yeah I was taking the mick! I realise sarcasm doesn't really come across well over the internet :dohh: I had problems with BFing and changed to FF. It didn't work for us plain and simple. I literally wasn't producing enough milk. But people will tell me that's just an excuse and there's no such thing as not being able to breastfeed... but whatever. Lucky they've never had to find out the hard way

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->