As a mother who formula feeds..

Meh.

I don't think my daughter is lacking in anything.
I think formula is designed to be nutritious, and I think everything said was a load of crap.

:D

but that doesnt mean she doesnt put her Lo first, he still gets fed and has a full tummy
I will say aswell although I wanted to bf I am quite happy to have my boobs back

I think it's great that some people find BFing comes naturally to them and their baby. It's a shame that it can't be that way for all mothers. It's just luck that those mum's have a choice nowadays. Back when there was no such thing as formula the infant mortality rate was much much higher

Before formula existed, women that could afford it just employed wet nurses instead of breastfeeding. A lot of the same problems existed then as do now. I read somewhere that there has been a recent surge in demand for wet nurses in the US. At least if you're using formula you're doing the parenting bit iykwim?

I submitted a comment to that article but I don't think it will be approved :rofl:

but that doesnt mean she doesnt put her Lo first, he still gets fed and has a full tummy
I will say aswell although I wanted to bf I am quite happy to have my boobs back

I never said that. Again, assumptions are being made. We're going nowehere fast.

Exactly, and there are all sorts of family situations now. Gay couples, single dads, etc. What a crock of shit.

I think a mom could ingest so many toxins, carcinogens, crap and pass them on through their breast milk.

I think it's great that some people find BFing comes naturally to them and their baby. It's a shame that it can't be that way for all mothers. It's just luck that those mum's have a choice nowadays. Back when there was no such thing as formula the infant mortality rate was much much higher

Before formula existed, women that could afford it just employed wet nurses instead of breastfeeding. A lot of the same problems existed then as do now. I read somewhere that there has been a recent surge in demand for wet nurses in the US. At least if you're using formula you're doing the parenting bit iykwim?

Oh yeah I get what you mean, wet nurses were always a choice but a lot of women that couldn't afford them were the ones who couldn't afford their babies full stop. At least with the option of formula you can parent even if you can't bf and you know you're child will be fed even if you haven't got a lot of money

And whoever compared it to a drunk mother :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Do you know anyone who has FAS? I have 4 FAS foster sisters who physically have holes in their brains from their moms drinking. Do not be such an idiot and compare formula to alcohol.

Disgusting.

Exactly, and there are all sorts of family situations now. Gay couples, single dads, etc. What a crock of shit.

I think a mom could ingest so many toxins, carcinogens, crap and pass them on through their breast milk.

do you think formula is better than breast milk?

I am saying it is an individual case, and for some formula could be better than breast milk.

I really fail to see where people get off saying FF is selfish and putting yourself first. NOTHING about being a Mum means putting yourself first. Do BFers actually realise what goes into bottle feeding, the steralising, the waiting for the right temp.. it isnt exactly the easy way out. I think those who say FF are selfish.. or those who think it need a dose of reality and need to stop being so godamned narrowminded.
Sorry for all my typos but it just gets me so wound up, I do not see why anyone should have to explain why they FF and no mother should EVER feel guilty for the way they raise their LOs let alone FEED THEM!! :grr:

I am saying it is an individual case, and for some formula could be better than breast milk.

You mean in some cases or some formula is better? I dont think its better at all.

I tried to BF my LO, and I have a blocked boob from a bad nipple piercing. I simply did not have the time to be pumping all night long, so I switched to formula. I also had an OH that works shift work, and it was not working for us.

I really cannot see me BF a future child.

I don't feel guilty at all. I see Helena and she is a perfect child. She is so smart and healthy. *shrug* All I really have to say.

You mean in some cases or some formula is better? I dont think its better at all.

For some people, I am sure formula is healthier than breast milk. Do people do studies on every single humans breast milk? No. I know people who eat crap and their babies are so large and cannot move at a year old and have fat spilling out of their diapers and are exclusively breast fed.

There are pros and cons to both BFing and FFing. Just as there are pros and cons to disposable/reusable nappies, dummies/no dummies, BLW/jar weaning... who the hell cares?! Why do people feel the need to scrutinize and involve themselves in other people's decisions?! You do what you want and leave everyone else to lead their own lives!

Dosnt work out for everyone, thats what formula is there for.

Also I never thought formula mums where lazy, in fact I am lazy I cant be bothered to make up bottles and all that. To lazy to bottle feed me. I dont know how ff mums do it with getting up and making bottles.

So anyways, I think breast feeding is great, most of the time.

:D

I think formula is great, for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"