As a mother who formula feeds..

Formula will NEVER be as good as breastmilk. It doesnt just contain super important antibodies (which is why I urge everyone to TRY to breastfeed so the LO will get a few mls of colostrum), it adapts itself to what LO needs. If baby is growing, you produce more milk, if baby is hot, the milk contains more water. Its remarkable and formula is an adequate alternative, that's it.

breastmilk is most def best, no one can argue that. Whether breastfeeding is best.. well that's down to each individual.

I def agree with 'whether breastfeeding is best ..well thats down to each individual'

For me breastfeeding wasn't best, that doesn't mean I am a bad mother or that my LO will get every infection or disease under the sun. I think what gets peoples back up is that people want to keep saying 'i don't understand why people wont try to breastfeed'. I don't go around saying to people 'why don't you give up smoking while pregnant' or 'why do you have a glass of wine while pregnant' or 'why don't you get your child immunised'.....because its a personal choice, it doesn't effect me.

I haven't read the whole thread but I can guess what alot of the posts say.

I FF my LO and have no guilt or any regrets. I am not lazy or uneducated far from it and I don't let these types of articles and opinions bother me. Each to their own, everyone has to make their own decisions in life and I don't bother about anyone elses decisions so they shouldn't bother about mine.

Whether you FF or BF your baby its not going to prevent them getting childhood leukemia, juvenile diabetes etc or dying from SIDS and it is irresponsible to say so.[/QUOTE]

No one said it does? Its about reducing risks :shrug:

+ In regards to your body not being yours... er, hello? You've been pregnant the last 9 months. Having a child means you have to be completely selfless and put that babys needs before your own does it not?

this comment was made in the artical that started this thread, not by another member

If I ever have another baby I will BF for the first few days so they get those all important antibodies. But after my last experience I won't be doing it long term (unless it works out different nect time)

You never know. Every pregnancy and baby is different. Graces sibling might take to it like a duck to water.

Formula will NEVER be as good as breastmilk. It doesnt just contain super important antibodies (which is why I urge everyone to TRY to breastfeed so the LO will get a few mls of colostrum), it adapts itself to what LO needs. If baby is growing, you produce more milk, if baby is hot, the milk contains more water. Its remarkable and formula is an adequate alternative, that's it.

breastmilk is most def best, no one can argue that. Whether breastfeeding is best.. well that's down to each individual.

I def agree with 'whether breastfeeding is best ..well thats down to each individual'

For me breastfeeding wasn't best, that doesn't mean I am a bad mother or that my LO will get every infection or disease under the sun. I think what gets peoples back up is that people want to keep saying 'i don't understand why people wont try to breastfeed'. I don't go around saying to people 'why don't you give up smoking while pregnant' or 'why do you have a glass of wine while pregnant' or 'why don't you get your child immunised'.....because its a personal choice, it doesn't effect me.

just because it doesn't effect you doesn't mean you aren't allowed an opinion on it.

I met some breast is best campagniers. They were so lovely. I explained my difficulties with Aidan and they gave me a wealth of info on breastfeeding and how to find help for next time (hopefully support will be even better by the time I start TTC).
xx

I met some breast is best campagniers. They were so lovely. I explained my difficulties with Aidan and they gave me a wealth of info on breastfeeding and how to find help for next time (hopefully support will be even better by the time I start TTC).
xx

i do think there isnt enough help out there for the woman who really are struggling.

my mws where crap and didnt give me any advice or help when zane was latching ect.
hope u get the help u need next time around, i no if i have another i will defo try again

The support is there but you need to look for it!

just because it doesn't effect you doesn't mean you aren't allowed an opinion on it.

Of course you can have your opinion, I'm all for opinions but i'm not for judgemental comments IYKWIM

^^ Thats what they said i.e. You need to look for the support. I will defianlty be asking my future MW more questions and researching etc

The only thing I am worried about are those first few days in hospital, with the initial latching etc. How can I get help with that next time as the MW's were poop to put it nicely )Apart from the student on the labour ward she latched him for me on his first ever feed)

ETA: I don't think blah meant it as a judgement hun
xx

in my area at the time i didnt have a clue where to go other then my mws who were crap. the day i gave birth a leak starting in my flat so i wasnt able to go bk there, my mum treated me like crap so left hers n had to live on the floor of a empty house for the first week of zanes life, so i cudnt even go on the net to try n find support.

alot of ppl are let down by the only ppl they think can help them, but on the other hand some ppl just dont want to bf (ive said before i dont understand that myself) but it is there choice and ff is better then nothing

Well I chose for Alex to put on weight , breast milk wasnt doing it. :shrug: Honestly that article is full of pish :nope: Why cant people just choose and shut up and stop bitching about the other! Its driving me nuts seeing comments like that. So you chose you FF/BF? Good for you. It has nothing to do with you what other mothers choose, just get on with it!

Problem is I think there is a fine dangerous line between having an oppinion and giving an oppinion.
Too many people use the exscuse of "its just my oppinion" as a mask to be able to say anything they like, offend who they like and get away with it.
Im not meaning anyone in perticular I mean society in general.

Well, why not TRY? Is there any harm in trying when it is the best for your baby? Just because you try it, doesn't mean you have to stick with it. If it works out, awesome. If not, fair enough, at least you gave it a go and wanted the best possible start for your LO. Comparing that to smoking and drinking while pregnant is a little off base, don't you think? I know some might think I'm harping, but honest to God, I'm just trying to understand the other side to this. :flower:

xx

i do think there isnt enough help out there for the woman who really are struggling.

my mws where crap and didnt give me any advice or help when zane was latching ect.
hope u get the help u need next time around, i no if i have another i will defo try again

I actualy had more help in hospital towards ff then I did bf, the nurse came along at 11pm and said about someone coming along to talk to me and help me to learn to get him to latch on, no one came back.
the next day I was still truggling and another nurses advice was to attend the breastfeeding support class being held at the hospital 12 days later???? what should I just leave him starving till then? yet people offered to get me bottled milk (the glass bottles of sma) almost instantly.

Well, why not TRY? Is there any harm in trying when it is the best for your baby? Just because you try it, doesn't mean you have to stick with it. If it works out, awesome. If not, fair enough, at least you gave it a go and wanted the best possible start for your LO. Comparing that to smoking and drinking while pregnant is a little off base, don't you think? I know some might think I'm harping, but honest to God, I'm just trying to understand the other side to this. :flower:

Its comments like this that get to me (and I'm not getting at you personally). I didn't want to try - for many reasons but ones which are no bodies business but mine. I did want to best possible start for my LO and thats exactly what she got. I didn't think comparing it to smoking or drinking is off base - basically people are saying that if you FF you are not giving your LO the best start well neither is Drinking or Smoking in pregnancy some would say.

I think everyone would agree with you that smoking and drinking in pregnancy is horrible anyway :shrug:

If you didn't want to hun thats fine IMO

But I was against it at first. Towards the end of my pregnancy I wanted to. And I loved it, it was amazing. :) Until I was left alone, nota clue what to do. But if you don't want to it's ok too :hugs:
xx

Some people dont drink or smoke in pregnancy and it is the best start in life breast milk.

Misinformation gets me, poeple spreading totally wrong facts about breastfeeding.

There are some very valid reasons why some women dont even want to try, some very traumatising personal reasons.
Before I had my baby on odd occasions the idea of breast feeding him had me in complete hysterical panic for a very good personal reason, people dont know everyones own personal experiances and reasons.

Aww, I dislike when people feel the need to justify their decisions. Its no one else's buisness why you FF hun. Some people won't care, some will and not agree with your choice but choose to be supportive, others will debate and argue you with it.

:hugs: The debate/argument isn't worth it. Everyone is entited to their own opinions be it for or against.

*just posting as a member right now... this isn't a warning or anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->