Assisted Conception and LTTTC - Due in 2013/2014

I'm jealous you can all sleep in! I wake up at 5am no matter what time I go to bed.

Michelle - thank you!! I'm so excited to be 7 weeks :). Haha your DH is so funny! I bet mine is thinking the same thing I should ask him. He hasn't asked to BD at all and maybe that's part of the reason why. Once I get past 10 weeks, since that's as far as I've ever gotten in a pregnancy, I think I'll be less scared to BD.

Ali - you should ask your dr. for a prescription for Zofran. That's what they usually prescribe for morning sickness. If you're at the stage where you're actually throwing up, I think you should ask for something to help.

My nausea comes and goes but if I eat a piece of toast as soon as I get out of bed it helps a lot. Also, ginger ale is my new best friend. Right now I'm having an issue with meat aversion. I just gag when I eat it and it's so hard because I want to make sure I'm getting enough protein.

I hope I remember how to
Do everything after an 8 month hiatus. :)

Em -My DH was the same way with my last pregnancy...men!!!! And I had that same problem with red meat during my first pg. I would gag just looking at it. For protein you can try shakes or protein bars instead or Greek yogurt. There are other ways to get protein if you cannot eat meat. And strangely Tyler won't eat red meat now!!!

I had a few food aversions too - thankfully not to meat (I'm a meataholic). But I couldn't, and still can't, stand the smell of broccoli or Parmesan cheese. I remember eating out at about 13 weeks and someone at a table 5 spots away ordered broccolini - DH and I had to leave the restaurant immediately. Hopefully your aversion is limited and will pass. If not, add lots of beans and lentils to your diet - great source of protein.

Thanks, those are great suggestions. I love all of those foods so I'll have to do some food shopping and get my kitchen stocked with less gag worthy options.

Michelle - how cute Tyler has made himself a little vegetarian :). One of my friends did that when she was young and has been one her whole life.

Wannabee - I had that same experience with someone sitting near me eating mushroom pizza. I had to move tables the smell was just too much.

Em.. I actually have an RX for zofran but it was from before I got pregnant. I'll ask my FS tomorrow if I can take it. Right now I have nausea and a headache, YAY! :nope:

Em.. I actually have an RX for zofran but it was from before I got pregnant. I'll ask my FS tomorrow if I can take it. Right now I have nausea and a headache, YAY! :nope:

When I got super nauseated and throw up at times my re wrote me zofran and phenergan to switch every other. And the phenergan also helps me sleep too so it's a great thing. I don't mind the nausea but when I go all day with only 2 grapes and a coup,e sips of water I have to take something so I don't get dehydrated ,etc

But we give zofran out allllllllll the time in the er to pregnant woman. Its a okay to take

Em: what about eggs or dairy for protein? I have the day off work today, so I have time to make eggs and a fruit/yogurt shake for breakfast. I think that will tick some other boxes too, such as calcium, vitamin c, folic acid, DHA (I bought the DHA enriched eggs) etc.

If anyone cares, I am also a big fan of probiotic foods. I have a theory that healthy gut bacteria can prevent autoimmune problems for baby, including allergies and even autism. It's a growing field of study and there have been a few NYT articles about it recently. Other prebiotic and probiotic foods include kefir, sauerkraut and other pickled vegetables, and miso. Whole Foods sells Bubbies sauerkraut and another brand of miso, both refrigerated, that claim to have live, active cultures. I'm trying to eat them and my yogurt/kefir regularly.

First that's a good idea I will try to eat more yogurt etc. how has Your nausea been? Mine seems to come and go.

Em: what about eggs or dairy for protein? I have the day off work today, so I have time to make eggs and a fruit/yogurt shake for breakfast. I think that will tick some other boxes too, such as calcium, vitamin c, folic acid, DHA (I bought the DHA enriched eggs) etc.

If anyone cares, I am also a big fan of probiotic foods. I have a theory that healthy gut bacteria can prevent autoimmune problems for baby, including allergies and even autism. It's a growing field of study and there have been a few NYT articles about it recently. Other prebiotic and probiotic foods include kefir, sauerkraut and other pickled vegetables, and miso. Whole Foods sells Bubbies sauerkraut and another brand of miso, both refrigerated, that claim to have live, active cultures. I'm trying to eat them and my yogurt/kefir regularly.

My DH is obsessed with that article! He's an allergist so he's very interested in the research and connection to allergy/immunology. He made me read the article too :). Here's a link if anyone else is interested:
https://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/19/...e-up-your-microbiome.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

I used the article to justify my consumption of enormous amounts of kimchi :). DH used to protest because it gives me very stinky breath haha.

Em: if I weren't such a spice wimp, I would eat kimchi too. But sauerkraut will have to satisfy my pickled cabbage quota ;)

Talking fashion again :). I remembered ASOS has maternity and they offer free shipping and free returns. Here is a link: https://us.asos.com/Women-Maternity...=1604&parentID=Rf900&pge=0&pgeSize=36&sort=-1

I also found the cutest blog. I love the way she dresses her bump for casual weekends and her workday choices too: https://www.9to5chic.com/
Plus she mixes in stuff from H&M and Zara :thumbup:

Shit, brown spotting tonight :nope:

I know it's likely nothing, but damn it!

Try to relax I have it almost daily. From a deep deep red to brown.

Thank you. I've decided to stay in bed the rest of the night and pray that it's nothing. I believe that this is our forever baby!

That's what I do. And I feel good about our babies too. Every time I have had bleeding once super brown got an ultrasound both babes great. This last time it was red with a bright red to a very dark red and both babies again fine. Just very common. More then people realize. I started spotting again today SUPER red like dark. So resting yet again. Have to work another 12 tom

I'm sorry you have to go through this additional worry :hugs: Spotting is so common but still super scary. I have a friend who spotted almost the entire first trimester and of course it totally freaked her out but her daughter is fine and is a healthy 18 mo old. Hope you got some rest and it stopped.

Talking fashion again :). I remembered ASOS has maternity and they offer free shipping and free returns. Here is a link: https://us.asos.com/Women-Maternity...=1604&parentID=Rf900&pge=0&pgeSize=36&sort=-1

I also found the cutest blog. I love the way she dresses her bump for casual weekends and her workday choices too: https://www.9to5chic.com/
Plus she mixes in stuff from H&M and Zara :thumbup:

I ordered a bunch of stuff from ASOS. The body con dress is fantastic. Tops are made big (so I'd order a size down) and pants a bit small (have already outgrown a pair). I only wish we had H&M in Australia and a maternity section in Zara :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->